A Special Thread Dedication -- Non-Doctrinal in Nature

A Special Thread Dedication -- Non-Doctrinal in Nature

April 20th, 2013, 3:59 pm #1

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]In an effort to continue the discussion of serious doctrinal topics without interruption, this thread has been initiated. Feel free to express your views as to why you are in adamant opposition to this doctrinal discussion board and wish for its existence to cease. Your message may be a reflection of your own "attitude" problem and may not be aware of it. That's at your own risk.

Some of those "views" are being transferred here now from [an]other thread(s).[/color]

April 20th, 2013, 4:01 pm #2

From: Current Topic - The Spirit of Christ the Lord Is the Holy Spirit

B (no login) 74.179.247.83
Re: Time for a permanent vacation
April 20 2013, 3:28 AM

--------------------------------------

Not venting at all. I haven't seen anyone else discussing the Holy Spirit except Donnie and Ken...among themselves now. No one else is participating and is not likely to participate anymore in this thread or in any other thread. That's why I thought it would be better if the long-deserted message boards were closed and CM was reduced to a site where Donnie and Ken could "do their thing" alone. But if you feel so compelled to keep running a bunch of ghost-town message boards, that's your prerogative...as strange as that may be.

Approve Message Edit Message Delete Message

April 20th, 2013, 4:06 pm #3

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]In an effort to continue the discussion of serious doctrinal topics without interruption, this thread has been initiated. Feel free to express your views as to why you are in adamant opposition to this doctrinal discussion board and wish for its existence to cease. Your message may be a reflection of your own "attitude" problem and may not be aware of it. That's at your own risk.

Some of those "views" are being transferred here now from [an]other thread(s).[/color]
From: Current Topic - The Spirit of Christ the Lord Is the Holy Spirit

B (no login) 74.179.249.159
Re: The long view
April 20 2013, 10:35 AM

----------------------------------

Yes, the "discussion" of the Holy Spirit has ended, for all practical purposes, only because NO ONE ELSE is participating. Only you and Ken are still hammering it out on an otherwise DEAD board.

And hey, man, don't pull that jive about "interruption." You're supposedly in charge of this ghost-board and have your finger on the "delete" button. Any submitted messages that you don't like, you're free to hit the delete button; you're free to reject them for publication here.

BUT, when you approve messages for posting, then turn around and complain that they "interrupt" the teaching/learning here, who really causes the interruption? Who is to blame? YOU ARE. That's like the man who continues to drive his car with the temperature gauge reading "hot," then complains when the engine burns up and he's left stranded. Who's at fault there? The man. Who's at fault here and now? YOU ARE.

Approve Message Edit Message Delete Message

B
B

April 20th, 2013, 4:54 pm #4

Nice move! But it just won't erase the fact that NO ONE ELSE beyond Donnie and Ken is participating in ANY discussions in ANY of the other threads. Despite that fact, CM is going to continue with just Donnie's and Ken's one-sided posts. You no longer need message boards with the capacity for readers to make public responses, because they're NOT responding.

Face it. For better or worse, public participation on this site, for all practical purposes, HAS ENDED.

William
William

April 22nd, 2013, 7:06 am #5

Sounds like "B" has a bee in his bonnet. This site is a blog, and Ken and Donnie can blog all they want. There is a slowdown right now; perhaps it will come back, perhaps not. All blogs are one sided, and they come and go. To Ken and Donnie I say keep up the good work. There are those that would have us dancing around bonfires at the full moon to enhance our cultural experiences and widen our understanding and increase our tolerance (of paganism).

If I actually have any worries about the status of the church now, it is that we have so many that lack strong identity. Of course we, like most other religious groups are having difficulty maintaining attendance and maintaining our youth. I suspect, B, that you lack strong identity. It's a sociological thing. I don't see much lack of identity from Donnie and Ken.

B
B

April 22nd, 2013, 4:55 pm #6

Even though blogs are one-sided, it doesn't serve much of a purpose for this CM blog to offer readers the option to post messages pro or con if virtually no one from the allegedly "large" readership is posting anything anymore.

And if William hasn't noticed, readers just haven't been posting much for a long, long, time.

David Fields
David Fields

April 22nd, 2013, 11:09 pm #7

Donnie, remember B saying "So that means no "duck commander" comments from Dave Fields?" This was in the Spirit thread.
If I recall, I only posted scripture and you refused to post it, as you have done so with many more of my posts. Several of them I might even understand why you didn't post (me speaking of the evils of this website). That particular post supported the fact that there is distinction between the Spirits. Jesus said that you could speak against Him but not the Holy Spirit.
The point being....actually too many points for you to even care about.
1-No one cares to post here anymore because (and this is the main point) there isn't a spirit of love here. There never has been. No one feels comfortable with discussing a different viewpoint.
2-You know that when Bill Crump speaks on my behalf for anything (per quote above) then you have wandered down a poor pitiful path.
3-Donnie, it isn't about what you and Ken believe to be right. Even with Ken's magical Greek tour of history and beautiful artwork, he still hasn't proven but one thing.....what he believes to be right. You three (yes you too William) have continually derided any dissenting opinions. Many of us study the Scriptures faithfully, but we still come up with varying opinions. This site has shown to be a farce because it only believes in its own hallowed opinion. You put down the catholics, the baptists, and gossip about the very congregation that you claim to be a part of. That isn't about love. Ken, you and Donnie can now get your mads on and slam me for my lovy dovy woes. I know what the the Word says.....without love, you are ???? You are what ????
NOTHING!
4-You have to know this. Jesus knew when to stand up for what He knew to be right. He confronted the Jewish leaders time and time again. He also knew when to show love. Even with Judas, the betrayer of our King, did He lay into him and berate him time and time again? No. You believe that with this site, you can pull ALL the churches of Christ into your line of thinking. Wrong, because in the end, it will only be just that...your line of thinking. So many of us use the same standard, the Word of God, as you do, but for some reason, everyone is wrong that doesn't interpret the Scriptures the way you do.
5-Finally, there is Hope in Jesus Christ. If we all seek Him first, and His Ways, then we can find, not just Hope, but a Way through all of our selfish human desires.

Oh, and even if you never post this Donnie, or Ken, then that is ok, for you still saw it personally. That is enough for me.

Scripture
Scripture

April 23rd, 2013, 3:19 am #8

Even though blogs are one-sided, it doesn't serve much of a purpose for this CM blog to offer readers the option to post messages pro or con if virtually no one from the allegedly "large" readership is posting anything anymore.

And if William hasn't noticed, readers just haven't been posting much for a long, long, time.
B, you're like some at the church at Sardis (Revelation 3), for whom it can be said, "you have not soiled your clothes; you will walk with me, dressed in white, for you are worthy."

B
B

April 23rd, 2013, 4:45 am #9

Scripture suddenly went on a posting spree on April 22, 2013. He posted messages in eight different threads. While his motive in part may have been to boost the number of posts on this site to pull it out of the doldrums, the number of readers posting here is still abysmally low.

Scripture
Scripture

April 23rd, 2013, 11:48 am #10

What may be of interest is what geograpic areas the posters are from.

Geography has always been significant.

Are they rural or urban, from what state, cities.

Are they in the vicinity of the churches being discussed. . . .