B
B

April 23rd, 2013, 3:13 pm #11

Donnie, remember B saying "So that means no "duck commander" comments from Dave Fields?" This was in the Spirit thread.
If I recall, I only posted scripture and you refused to post it, as you have done so with many more of my posts. Several of them I might even understand why you didn't post (me speaking of the evils of this website). That particular post supported the fact that there is distinction between the Spirits. Jesus said that you could speak against Him but not the Holy Spirit.
The point being....actually too many points for you to even care about.
1-No one cares to post here anymore because (and this is the main point) there isn't a spirit of love here. There never has been. No one feels comfortable with discussing a different viewpoint.
2-You know that when Bill Crump speaks on my behalf for anything (per quote above) then you have wandered down a poor pitiful path.
3-Donnie, it isn't about what you and Ken believe to be right. Even with Ken's magical Greek tour of history and beautiful artwork, he still hasn't proven but one thing.....what he believes to be right. You three (yes you too William) have continually derided any dissenting opinions. Many of us study the Scriptures faithfully, but we still come up with varying opinions. This site has shown to be a farce because it only believes in its own hallowed opinion. You put down the catholics, the baptists, and gossip about the very congregation that you claim to be a part of. That isn't about love. Ken, you and Donnie can now get your mads on and slam me for my lovy dovy woes. I know what the the Word says.....without love, you are ???? You are what ????
NOTHING!
4-You have to know this. Jesus knew when to stand up for what He knew to be right. He confronted the Jewish leaders time and time again. He also knew when to show love. Even with Judas, the betrayer of our King, did He lay into him and berate him time and time again? No. You believe that with this site, you can pull ALL the churches of Christ into your line of thinking. Wrong, because in the end, it will only be just that...your line of thinking. So many of us use the same standard, the Word of God, as you do, but for some reason, everyone is wrong that doesn't interpret the Scriptures the way you do.
5-Finally, there is Hope in Jesus Christ. If we all seek Him first, and His Ways, then we can find, not just Hope, but a Way through all of our selfish human desires.

Oh, and even if you never post this Donnie, or Ken, then that is ok, for you still saw it personally. That is enough for me.
Let's have a round of applause for David Fields. I will have to agree with him on this one point: "No one cares to post here anymore...No one feels comfortable with discussing a different viewpoint." That's as far as I'll go.

Although Donnie and Ken have strong theological views, they do imply that their views are the ONLY acceptable views; all other views are in error. They upbraid all who disagree with them. Even when the views of others are biblical, Donnie and Ken (D&K) are not satisfied until they pound, hammer, and hound dissenters into accepting their personal views. If they don't succeed, they eventually ask dissenters to leave the board rather than continue any discussion.

The topic about the Holy Spirit was the straw that broke the camel's back. Although belief in Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is certainly biblical, D&K rejected that. According to them, such a belief was "Trinitarian," Catholic, and utterly pagan. If you dared to believe in Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as such, then to D&K, you saw three distinct, individual, independent, (even physical?) PERSONS, and you absolutely could not convince D&K otherwise. If you said you believed in simply Father, Son, and Holy Spirit without dissecting them ad infinitum, D&K went ballistic. Again according to D&K, there was no such thing as "The Holy Spirit" (capitalized); there was only "a holy spirit" (lower case) and further implied that Bible translations were wrong to print a capitalized "Holy Spirit." Then the business about the preposition "OF" really took the cake. Donnie not only stressed "the spirit OF..." but became so obsessed with and fanatical about "OF" that he as much as implied that if posters did not supplant, replace, and override Father, Son, and Holy Spirit with "the spirit OF...," then they should leave the board.

When the smug attitudes of D&K imply, "Agree with us or get lost," then it's time to shut down the boards and let D&K continue their CM blog unchallenged by anyone.

Donnie
Donnie

April 24th, 2013, 2:15 am #12

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dr. Crump,

That could have been D&K&W, et al. It was the correct decision in that you weren't granted permission to moderate the CM boards. Grow up. You're not embarrassing ConcernedMembers. You are embarrassing yourself.

You have a serious "attitude" problem. Please do not use the topic concerning "the Holy Spirit" for any of your excuses.

With your grammatical prowess, I was asking your help to really explain in depth the significance of the preposition "OF" in the expression "the spirit OF ... the Lord/the living God, the Father, the Lord Jesus Christ...." The word "OF" would have been the proof or evidence that "the spirit" BELONGS TO THE LIVING GOD -- NOT APART NOR SEPARATE FROM GOD.

Instead, you chose to MINIMIZE the significance of the preposition. You should have been one "grammar" authority on the parts of speech ["of" as a preposition; "spirit" a common noun, neuter (not masculine); "holy" an adjective that modifies "spirit"; "His" a personal pronoun indicating ownership as in "His spirit" (I John 4:13; I Cor. 2:10; Rom. 8:11).

There are 70+ passages in Scripture that support that truth.

Besides, the Restoration Movement forefathers did NOT promote the pope's "Trinity Creed." They fully, scripturally recognized that "the Holy Spirit" is NOT a separate, third-person, masculine-gendered "Being."

Sorry to say that grammar is your specialty but only outside of the topic concerning "the holy spirit OF GOD" (Ephesians 4:30). Just really study that expression, Bill Crump. If the "Holy Spirit" is a separate Being, then, review the following:

(1) EXPRESSION: "Grieve not the holy Spirit of God" (Eph. 4:30)
(2) TRINITY CREED: the Holy Spirit is God (third PERSON)
(3) TRINITY FALLACY: "Grieve not the God of God" [also redundant]
(4) But TRUTH REMAINS: "Grieve not the holy spirit OF God"

WHOSE spirit, Dr. Crump? Grammar again: "whose" (possessive case, pronoun); "His" (God's or the Lord's) spirit belongs to the Lord God.

Now, it's my turn to insult you: your grammar is weak and your logic is shallow when it comes to this particular subject matter. You're even AFRAID to make an argument FOR the man-concocted DOGMA. You're also AFRAID to rebut the 70+ passages (including "the holy spirit OF GOD"). But we know you cannot defeat the Holy Scripture.

Yours is a self-inflicted whatever-pain-you-are-feeling. You self-destructed.

There's nothing to worry about ConcernedMembers' existence. It is NOT shutting down as you wish so badly. [/color]

B
B

April 24th, 2013, 2:18 am #13

What may be of interest is what geograpic areas the posters are from.

Geography has always been significant.

Are they rural or urban, from what state, cities.

Are they in the vicinity of the churches being discussed. . . .
From what I've gathered, most, but not all, of the posters seem to reside in the American South or in the Bible Belt. Donnie has sometimes referred to a significant Russian readership, yet if we can rely to some degree on IP addresses, no Russians or any people in any other foreign countries have posted anything here to my knowledge. And since foreigners are supposedly reading this board, they would know enough English to be able to post messages, if they so desired.

April 24th, 2013, 2:32 am #14

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Don't you know the difference between "readership" and "respondence"?

Did Faithsite have that many respondents?[/color]

B
B

April 24th, 2013, 3:21 am #15

Don't you have enough sense to realize that Scripture wanted to know the geographic locations of POSTERS? Most POSTERS are from the American South. You have told us about the Russian readership, but as far as I can see, NO RUSSIAN READERS HAVE BECOME POSTERS.

Get a grip, Mr. Cruz.

April 24th, 2013, 3:52 am #16

this won't become another cuckoo's nest thread. There is too much work to do.

April 24th, 2013, 3:52 am #17

Don't you have enough sense to realize that Scripture wanted to know the geographic locations of POSTERS? Most POSTERS are from the American South. You have told us about the Russian readership, but as far as I can see, NO RUSSIAN READERS HAVE BECOME POSTERS.

Get a grip, Mr. Cruz.
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]You mentioned "Russian readership." You also mentioned "Russians or any people in any other foreign countries" posting. [I was responding to your post, not Scripture's.]

As popular as Faithsite was, how many RUSSIAN [OR OTHER INTERNATIONAL] READERS BECAME BECOME POSTERS? That was my point -- that one can only be a reader, not necessarily a poster.[/color]

April 24th, 2013, 3:56 am #18

this won't become another cuckoo's nest thread. There is too much work to do.
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Agree. There is too much work to do. There is also too much interruption from folks who hardly have anything substantive to contribute.[/color]

B
B

April 24th, 2013, 4:21 am #19

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]You mentioned "Russian readership." You also mentioned "Russians or any people in any other foreign countries" posting. [I was responding to your post, not Scripture's.]

As popular as Faithsite was, how many RUSSIAN [OR OTHER INTERNATIONAL] READERS BECAME BECOME POSTERS? That was my point -- that one can only be a reader, not necessarily a poster.[/color]
In order to be a responder/poster, you have to be a reader first.

Posters are always readers, but not all readers are posters.

There were no international posters at FaithSite that I know of.

There are no international posters at CM that I know of.

BUT, compared to CM now, there were far more posters as such at FaithSite back then.

I don't care where the posters come from. The fact remains that the number of posters at CM has been abysmal for quite some time.

B
B

April 24th, 2013, 4:24 am #20

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Agree. There is too much work to do. There is also too much interruption from folks who hardly have anything substantive to contribute.[/color]
Since this is a non-doctrinal thread, then there will be no interruptions in doctrinal discussions; they will take place in the appropriate DOCTRINAL threads.

Don't expect doctrinal issues to continue here. You moderators created this thread for other comments.