Dave
Dave

June 20th, 2011, 1:46 pm #41

I have a short question for Donnie. To be concise I will also inform you the reason for the question. Donnie, did you ever serve in the military? I am asking because last Sunday Buck Dozier recognized a U.S. Marine that had just returned from combat in Afghanistan. The congregation rose to their feet and gave that Marine an ovation welcoming him safely back home. As I applauded and looked around at the other members showing their gratification I couldn't help but notice you in the critics pew sitting as if nothing had occured.

I come from a military family and am a veteran myself therefore I cannot understand how someone cannot recoginze the sacrifices of that Marine and all the others serving in the military today. Without their sacrifces and the sacrifices of the ones that served before them, the freedoms we enjoy today would not exist. Thanks to them, you have the freedom and the right to sit and ignore. It's your right but I just don't understand.
There is no sin in MARKING THEM who "cause DIVISIONS among you."
CORRECT.

The SIN is when you marked them in front of all the world to see, not just the brethren, like you were instructed within God's Word.

Jimmy Joe
Jimmy Joe

June 20th, 2011, 8:12 pm #42

Jimmy Joe, my boy, I think I know what your problem is. You lack imagination, but that's nothing to be ashamed of, nor do you need to get bent out of shape over that failing. I can imagine that YOU wanted to be the first to come up with the term "almost-veteran," but you can't be first at everything, can you? Now you just need to accept that and curb your childish anger, son. Some day, you actually might come up with something catchy and witty, too. Maybe, maybe not. And I also imagine that, after this post, you just might have something more to say on this matter. But I certainly won't hold my breath.
Hey Doc, Take your super inflated ego and go fish in another pond. I'm not biting.

June 21st, 2011, 4:16 am #43

There is no sin in MARKING THEM who "cause DIVISIONS among you."
CORRECT.

The SIN is when you marked them in front of all the world to see, not just the brethren, like you were instructed within God's Word.
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]No!!!

The sin is in "causing division."

The conflict is between:

(a) The Change Agents = who cause division in the church
---------- and -----------
(b) Christ's church that the change agents are "transforming"[/color]

June 21st, 2011, 5:54 am #44

I have a short question for Donnie. To be concise I will also inform you the reason for the question. Donnie, did you ever serve in the military? I am asking because last Sunday Buck Dozier recognized a U.S. Marine that had just returned from combat in Afghanistan. The congregation rose to their feet and gave that Marine an ovation welcoming him safely back home. As I applauded and looked around at the other members showing their gratification I couldn't help but notice you in the critics pew sitting as if nothing had occured.

I come from a military family and am a veteran myself therefore I cannot understand how someone cannot recoginze the sacrifices of that Marine and all the others serving in the military today. Without their sacrifces and the sacrifices of the ones that served before them, the freedoms we enjoy today would not exist. Thanks to them, you have the freedom and the right to sit and ignore. It's your right but I just don't understand.
Jimmy Joe, you wrote on June 10:
... On a serious note, if you are attending the one combined service at Madison this Sunday maybe we could sit together for the meal while they burn the debt. The internet is so informal maybe by conversing in person we could get to know each other better.
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]I guess we missed each other on Sunday (June 12th) during the "combined worship." There were 17 songs sung throughout the "praise musical"--all of which (except 5 from the hymnal) were contemporary songs. Besides the "Praise Team" of men and women co-leading with Brent, the "worship leader," there were more song leaders: Ryan, Roger, Don, Jonas and Steve. [No, brother Joe, I did not take notes--the worship guide listed them. ] Oh, well, I can't imagine the first gathering of the New Testament church in Jerusalem would have that many worship leaders. Of course, there's no reason for me to believe that the church in Jerusalem had incurred the debt in the millions of dollars and celebrated as being debt-free after some 12 years.

I kind of suspected what the combined attendance would be -- there were 1537 in attendance (less than half, I think, of what special gatherings would normally draw before a decade ago). As you know, this has been a concern in the leadership, as evidenced by what the elders brought up on the 5th of June -- their message was "A Vision for the Future." I recall from the stats shown that the "traditional" group's attendance is only in the 400s (I hope I can verify this later). There may be some developments in progress, I'm not sure.

Anyway, I enjoyed the free fellowship/celebration meal. Did you enjoy the musical band and singers and their performances under the tent? [Shhhh! let's hope that passersby weren't beginning to think that the Madison church of Christ is sooner or later going to become a body of believers who will enjoy instrumental music in the assembly. Shhhh!][/color]

Dave
Dave

June 21st, 2011, 1:09 pm #45

Donnie,
Don't ever put down women who gossip. You make them like angels. Per your last note to Jimmy Joe, you should transfer it over to paper and see if it Saturday Night Live could use it for a skit. Donnie, your just an old codger that has a pessimistic penchant for ridiculing people and what you don't like.
I am surprised that you would even associate with them at the meal.

R*
R*

June 21st, 2011, 2:38 pm #46

Donnie, why don't you find a Church fellowship that you enjoy? Life is too short to be miserable all the time. Try another congregation. Just a thought...

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

June 21st, 2011, 7:39 pm #47

Why don't those who want to change the New Testament church start their own new congregations, instead of taking over existing, traditional congregations and causing such division and chaos? Just a thought...

Dave
Dave

June 22nd, 2011, 4:30 pm #48

Just a thought....Bill.....why don't you choose a real hobby. Following Jesus isn't a hobby. You seem to like writing books about the holidays......stick to that. You have to be full of joy to follow Jesus, instead of being condescending, arrogant, and slanderous.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

June 22nd, 2011, 7:41 pm #49

A person like Dave, who makes it a "hobby" to condemn, smear, and slander those who disagree with him, does not follow Jesus, no matter how much he argues that he does. We've all known that for quite some time. Maybe one day Dave will realize it as well and change his evil attitude. The winking face hopes so.

R*
R*

June 23rd, 2011, 12:37 am #50

Young children are often amused with the various "smiley faces". I don't believe I have ever seen an adult with the fascination Dr. Crump has for the smiley faces". Just saying...