A question for Donnie

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

June 18th, 2011, 3:07 pm #31

Dr. Crump,
Your lame attempt at humor failed miserably. As someone who continually promotes their superior intelligence, I thought you would know that no one could be an "almost veteran",want to be veteran","should have been veteran"or "wish I was a veteran". It's very simple. You're either a veteran or you're not. As you stated that you thought about joining the U.S. Air Force but changed your mind, could one that made such a decision be considered chicken or cowardly? That seems as logical as your assumptions. Your disdain for the military seems obvious by your posts. As a previous poster stated, I have no respect for you due to that disdain. Thankfully there are Americans who serve and die that you may have the freedom to worship, live and ridicule in any manner that you desire. Reply if you wish but I have nothing else to say on this matter.
Jimmy Joe, my boy, I think I know what your problem is. You lack imagination, but that's nothing to be ashamed of, nor do you need to get bent out of shape over that failing. I can imagine that YOU wanted to be the first to come up with the term "almost-veteran," but you can't be first at everything, can you? Now you just need to accept that and curb your childish anger, son. Some day, you actually might come up with something catchy and witty, too. Maybe, maybe not. And I also imagine that, after this post, you just might have something more to say on this matter. But I certainly won't hold my breath.

Dave
Dave

June 20th, 2011, 1:58 am #32

I have a short question for Donnie. To be concise I will also inform you the reason for the question. Donnie, did you ever serve in the military? I am asking because last Sunday Buck Dozier recognized a U.S. Marine that had just returned from combat in Afghanistan. The congregation rose to their feet and gave that Marine an ovation welcoming him safely back home. As I applauded and looked around at the other members showing their gratification I couldn't help but notice you in the critics pew sitting as if nothing had occured.

I come from a military family and am a veteran myself therefore I cannot understand how someone cannot recoginze the sacrifices of that Marine and all the others serving in the military today. Without their sacrifces and the sacrifices of the ones that served before them, the freedoms we enjoy today would not exist. Thanks to them, you have the freedom and the right to sit and ignore. It's your right but I just don't understand.
Donnie,
That sounds a bit narcissistic....telling someone else to admit to wrong when you have failed miserably.

June 20th, 2011, 3:01 am #33

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Marking those (the Change Agents) WHO are polluting the church with dogmas and creeds and SCHEMES acquired from their denominational neighbors may or may not fail miserably. However, God's truth teaches it.[/color]

Dave
Dave

June 20th, 2011, 3:17 am #34

I have a short question for Donnie. To be concise I will also inform you the reason for the question. Donnie, did you ever serve in the military? I am asking because last Sunday Buck Dozier recognized a U.S. Marine that had just returned from combat in Afghanistan. The congregation rose to their feet and gave that Marine an ovation welcoming him safely back home. As I applauded and looked around at the other members showing their gratification I couldn't help but notice you in the critics pew sitting as if nothing had occured.

I come from a military family and am a veteran myself therefore I cannot understand how someone cannot recoginze the sacrifices of that Marine and all the others serving in the military today. Without their sacrifces and the sacrifices of the ones that served before them, the freedoms we enjoy today would not exist. Thanks to them, you have the freedom and the right to sit and ignore. It's your right but I just don't understand.
God's Truth tells you NOT to bring your grievances in front of the ungodly. You have gone AGAINST God's Truth.

June 20th, 2011, 4:41 am #35

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dave,

Until you comprehend the scheme of the change agents to transform the church to denominationalism, you will not know the meaning of "your grievances."[/color]

Dave
Dave

June 20th, 2011, 4:49 am #36

I know the meaning of sin. This site is sinful. If you had wanted to warn other churches of anything.....anything....then why did you bring it here for everyone, including those outside the church to view and see?

June 20th, 2011, 5:07 am #37

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dave,

You still do not comprehend how dangerous and damaging the change agents are to the church of Christ Jesus. So, do NOT expect "the ungodly" to understand what you DO NOT understand yourself.

Your refusal to admit that there is a problem with the change agents intruding upon and interfering with the affairs of local congregations -- DOES NOT help your fallacious premise.[/color]

Dave
Dave

June 20th, 2011, 5:15 am #38

You refuse to admit your wrong and sin.....without repentance there is no forgiveness.

June 20th, 2011, 5:28 am #39

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]There is no sin in MARKING THEM who "cause DIVISIONS among you." Now, I'm ready to admit that the Scripture teaches it. You cannot repent of that which is not sinful.[/color]

Dave
Dave

June 20th, 2011, 5:49 am #40

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Jimmy Joe,

I do appreciate your military background and experience. (Since the time we met a few years ago, I have not forgotten what you told me about your services, as well as your family's, for the country I truly love.) Please don't get me wrong -- I truly get "emotional" about the sacrifices of those in service for the country. And, no, I did not serve in the military.

I have just listened to the first portion of the recording of the unusual -- "A Vision for the Future," the message delivered by "The Shepherds" [note to the reader: it's the trend and the now-preferred way to refer to them...instead of "elders"]. With the exception of Buck Dozier, the other three speakers have served only in these years since the upheaval. (BTW, I recall a phone conversation I had with Dozier a few years ago concerning the Madison congregation and ConcernedMembers. I made notes afterward, but it turned out that the conversation was more about the congregation than about CM--how that Nick Boone was not really the up-to-the-task type of "worship leader" for the youth; etc.; etc. It was a friendly conversation. I could say more; but your post is not really about Dozier. Dave Fields, are you listening to me?]

Anyway, you are correct in that Buck Dozier did make that recognition of the U.S. Marine who had just returned home.

My bad, OK? I think I was distracted by some of the "worship" activities. I had some difficulty hearing B. Dozier at first [perhaps an attention deficiency], although I had/have no problem at all listening to the overpowering "Praise Team" singing TO/FOR the congregation.

The "praise" music by Tim Hughes/Chris Tomlin titled "Beautiful One" was somewhat disturbing in that there seems to be the element of romanticism in both the lyrics and the music performed -- I know and realize there shouldn't be that element. (Note: this is one reason, according to RESEARCHES on Contemporary Christian Music, that men reluctantly and hesitatingly sing romantic songs about Jesus.)

Here's part of the lyrics:[/color]
"... how beautiful You are

Chorus:
Beautiful one I love
Beautiful one I adore
Beautiful one my soul must sing

[powerful ... glory ... mighty works ... majesty]

Chorus(x2)

... You captured my heart with this love
Cause nothing on earth is as beautiful as You

Jesus

... You captured my heart with this love
Cause nothing on earth is as beautiful as You
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]It is good that the elders are taking time to be concerned about the alarming news that, while comparing to the nationwide-worldwide trends to determine church problems, the Madison congregation is included in the realistic statistical information presented by them. Of course, why should they not admit to, or at least mention, the massive departure of members when the culture-driven church growth schemes of the change agents were implemented and wreaked havoc a decade ago? They are soliciting suggestions and solutions from the current membership. But one thing ought to be strongly considered is the elimination of the Praise Team. And return to congregational singing. That we've had enough of their performances. At least, donate the individual microphones they use to the Charismatic musical groups.

Well, I'm talking too much now, but I think there are those who might be interested in knowing about what's happening at Madison.

Jimmy Joe, thanks for asking. Would you shoot me an e-mail? I would like to converse with you more, i.e., if you don't mind.[/color]
Donnie, it is a farce for you to say "There is no sin in MARKING THEM who "cause DIVISIONS among you."

YES, Donnie, there is sin in the WAY you do/did it! If you believe in what you say, then the Lord INSTRUCTED you HOW to mark them who cause division. NOT in front of the world and the ungodly. You were instructed to keep it in front of the church and the saints. YOU FAILED!!!