A question for Donnie

Dave
Dave

June 10th, 2011, 12:55 pm #21

I have a short question for Donnie. To be concise I will also inform you the reason for the question. Donnie, did you ever serve in the military? I am asking because last Sunday Buck Dozier recognized a U.S. Marine that had just returned from combat in Afghanistan. The congregation rose to their feet and gave that Marine an ovation welcoming him safely back home. As I applauded and looked around at the other members showing their gratification I couldn't help but notice you in the critics pew sitting as if nothing had occured.

I come from a military family and am a veteran myself therefore I cannot understand how someone cannot recoginze the sacrifices of that Marine and all the others serving in the military today. Without their sacrifces and the sacrifices of the ones that served before them, the freedoms we enjoy today would not exist. Thanks to them, you have the freedom and the right to sit and ignore. It's your right but I just don't understand.
Donnie, it isn't any person that says you aren't 'worthy' of being a brother in Christ, but the very Word of God that speaks such. This site, conernedmembers is in direct violation of the way you handle problems WITHIN the church. 1 Timothy 5, and 1 Cor. 6
Do the right thing with this site, repent, and the Lord will forgive.
Donnie, when you were looking for a loophole in the Scriptures (saying that 1 Cor. 6 refers only to a brother taking another brother to civil court), I knew that you weren't looking for the Truth, but only to abuse Scripture to further your sinful journey.

June 10th, 2011, 10:04 pm #22

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dave,

Aren't you happy with the thread you initiated concerning ConcernedMembers? You've been given the opportunity to condemn the site with all your might -- but, of course, to no avail because you're the one who is going against the grain. References to ConcernedMembers and your hunger for judging anyone who opposes your opinion with a "hey, you, sinner, repent" ... do not belong here, but should be directed to that "special" thread.

So, let's get back to the discussion without your self-righteous expletives.[/color]
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on June 10th, 2011, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 11th, 2011, 11:13 am #23

I have a short question for Donnie. To be concise I will also inform you the reason for the question. Donnie, did you ever serve in the military? I am asking because last Sunday Buck Dozier recognized a U.S. Marine that had just returned from combat in Afghanistan. The congregation rose to their feet and gave that Marine an ovation welcoming him safely back home. As I applauded and looked around at the other members showing their gratification I couldn't help but notice you in the critics pew sitting as if nothing had occured.

I come from a military family and am a veteran myself therefore I cannot understand how someone cannot recoginze the sacrifices of that Marine and all the others serving in the military today. Without their sacrifces and the sacrifices of the ones that served before them, the freedoms we enjoy today would not exist. Thanks to them, you have the freedom and the right to sit and ignore. It's your right but I just don't understand.
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Sonny,

I reviewed your initial post related to "obeying leaders and communion." I counted the number of references to me personally. The words "you" and "your" occurred this many times in the short paragraph:

...does your website fit in...
         ...to obey your leaders?
         ...you justify disobeying...[your elders at Madison]...
         ...[you justify] disrepecting...your elders at Madison...
         ...do you take the Lord's Supper at Madison...
         ...because if you do....
         ...division between you and members...
         ...you are in danger of eating and drinking...
         ...damnation to your soul...
         ...no division as you eat and drink...

It appears, Sonny, that Dave has mentored you somewhat with your references to this website and me. Your 3rd paragraph reflects that mentoring. But considering your usually kinder and gentler posts in the past, it's fine with me this time. At least you readily admit that you "could be wrong."

With respect to 1 Corinthians 11, I will have to disagree with your notion that there's more to the observance of the Lord's Supper than "DO THIS IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME."

There's that problem among the progressives/liberals in interpreting the chapter. The 11th chapter, yes, speaks of different things -- you can read that over and over again and make a long list of subject matters. But the portion that deals with the Lord's Supper only is precisely instructed in verses 23-29. In fact, verse 20 says that in regard to all these other things extraneous to and apart from "discerning the Lord's body" -- "... this is not to eat the Lord's supper."

The new "trend" with liberalism is extending or expanding God's design and purpose of observing the Lord's Supper. How much farther can a church go with combining the Lord's Supper with a "fellowship meal" of barbecue, chips and soda? Besides, are you aware that it will take a long, long assembly period to account for and settle all the differences among members -- even worse in a mega congregation -- prior to the Communion?

No, it is not the time to examine relationships, differences in spiritual gifts, being rich or poor, during the commemoration of the Lord's death. Otherwise, with those thoughts, discerning the Lord's body becomes distorted and obstructed.

In regard to "Donnie," I believe that the assembly of NT saints is designed to be a school of the Word in order to "teach and admonish" one another ("let the word of Christ dwell in you richly"), as well as to observe the Lord's Supper "in remembrance of me," the Lord says. True, I bring up the leadership issue when it is wrong or misguided or when it is not accordance with God's will. But I have nothing against the members, therefore, there is nothing to forgive. I am comfortable with "examining myself" and "discerning the Lord's body" -- doing so with other members in the gathering.

In regard to Hebrews 13:17, I am not disregarding the teaching in the passage. You must not have understood the contingencies that I had listed from Scripture, relative to elders being qualified and being worthy of double honor. You assume that nothing can go wrong with a leadership or that its decisions are always for the good of the fold it tries to lead. (Would you take time to re-read my original response to your original question?) You were talking about me (Donnie) and obeying my (Donnie's) leaders. I do not recall the elders giving me specific commandments to be obeyed. But if you're referring to the warning from CM to uninfiltrated, peaceful congregations to "beware of the change agents" and not follow their culture-driven SCHEMES [as it happened in Madison], you are wrongfully accusing me and this website. It was the wrong decision on the part of the "divided" eldership which caused division in the congregation. You cannot blame me or the congregation, for that matter, because the division occurred. It's bad, sad and unfortunate that it occurred. In reality, it's the congregation that deserves to hear from those that caused the division.[/color]

Sonny
Sonny

June 11th, 2011, 10:54 pm #24

Brother Cruz,

I will simply drop the matter. Yes, I do admit I could be wrong, as I mentioned earlier and you referenced above. I wish you and Brother Crump would say the same.

-Sonny

Dave
Dave

June 12th, 2011, 2:51 pm #25

Brother Sonny....per your last statement and thought......just don't hold your breath in hoping that those two will ever think such, much less ever admit to wrong.

That is the WHOLE premise of this site. Before you can contemplate creating such a monster like this (concernedmembers) you have to get rid of your conscience and forget you have a soul.

June 13th, 2011, 7:13 am #26

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dave,

You indicated that ConcernedMembers is such a monster. There are good monsters, after all. Thanks for the compliment.

Your post reminds me of your being the "Garden of Eden" story serpent. Be careful, Dave. Sonny is a very quick and capable learner. Here's your deception -- "I, Dave, have never been wrong; I cannot admit to being wrong. Follow me."

So, when can you start speaking for yourself?[/color]

R*
R*

June 16th, 2011, 10:48 am #27

BTW, I have never served in the military. After I finished a fellowship in Chicago years ago, I almost joined the Air Force. I had sent in the paperwork, but on the morning that I was scheduled for a physical, I got an offer for a job in a lab and took that instead. It literally came at the last minute. I didn't have the physical and never took the "oath." However, you could say that I was an "almost-veteran." Does that count? If worship assemblies are going to take time away from worshipping God by honoring soldiers and the flag, maybe they should also "honor" us "almost-veterans" with half-salutes, half-stanzas of patriotic songs, whispered cheers, and bending (not standing) ovations.
"BTW, I have never served in the military. After I finished a fellowship in Chicago years ago, I almost joined the Air Force. I had sent in the paperwork, but on the morning that I was scheduled for a physical, I got an offer for a job in a lab and took that instead. It literally came at the last minute. I didn't have the physical and never took the "oath." However, you could say that I was an "almost-veteran." Does that count? If worship assemblies are going to take time away from worshipping God by honoring soldiers and the flag, maybe they should also "honor" us "almost-veterans" with half-salutes, half-stanzas of patriotic songs, whispered cheers, and bending (not standing) ovations."

William Crump, your post was pathetic. Your "almost-veteran" statement makes me sick. Shame on you! I doubt you have spent very much time at VA hospitals. I have no respect for you at all.

Shortened the line of asterisks
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on June 17th, 2011, 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

June 16th, 2011, 6:05 pm #28

Well now. Shouldn't those of us who almost became veterans be given some kind of almost-credit? We can't be called "partial veterans," because we never formally served. We also can't be called "would-be veterans," because that means we wanted to be, or had thought about being, veterans, but had not taken steps to become them. So, "almost-veteran" best describes someone who almost became a veteran. It's only logical. You could say that I started out as a would-be veteran who became an almost-veteran. BTW, I have served in a VA hospital, but I was neither a would-be veteran nor an almost-veteran when I did. You may be interested to know that when I was there, the majority of the patients suffered from chronic lung disease (they were chronic smokers) or chronic liver disease (they were chronic alcoholics). You could rightly say those patients had brought their diseases down on their OWN heads, and they wanted the government to cover the costs.

NOW THAT IS REALLY PATHETIC. NOW THAT IS WHAT SHOULD MAKE YOU SICK.

Jimmy Joe
Jimmy Joe

June 18th, 2011, 4:22 am #29

Dr. Crump,
Your lame attempt at humor failed miserably. As someone who continually promotes their superior intelligence, I thought you would know that no one could be an "almost veteran",want to be veteran","should have been veteran"or "wish I was a veteran". It's very simple. You're either a veteran or you're not. As you stated that you thought about joining the U.S. Air Force but changed your mind, could one that made such a decision be considered chicken or cowardly? That seems as logical as your assumptions. Your disdain for the military seems obvious by your posts. As a previous poster stated, I have no respect for you due to that disdain. Thankfully there are Americans who serve and die that you may have the freedom to worship, live and ridicule in any manner that you desire. Reply if you wish but I have nothing else to say on this matter.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

June 18th, 2011, 12:33 pm #30

You, like Sonny, and others, are much too eager to jump to conclusions and point your dirty fingers. I have no "disdain" for the military as a whole. The "almost-veteran" bit was a satire on those who think that honoring the military in the worship assembly is some kind of holy rite, when the New Testament authorizes NOTHING of the sort. Control your worldly desires for accolades and honor the military APART from the worship assembly.

Here's a tip for you: Reserve YOUR disdain for those veterans, would-be veterans, almost-veterans, and non-veterans who smoke and drink themselves into medical oblivion that results in diseases that could prevented through self-control. Now I'm going to drop a real bomb. Have some disdain from this: While making our morning rounds at the VA hospital, we interns presented one alcoholic patient after another to the attending physician. I noticed that the attending's facial expression suggested utter DISDAIN and contempt. As he scowled, he finally muttered something with an expletive to the effect of, "All these damn drunks...let 'em all DIE!" Oooooh, such a harsh sentiment for a doctor!

I would think that veterans and others who smoke and drink themselves into illness put their own "pleasures" above the safety and welfare of the country and families they defend. THEY are the cowards. THEY are to be disdained. THEY are pathetic.