A msg to those who dislike this site!!!

A msg to those who dislike this site!!!

PPB
PPB

September 12th, 2005, 4:26 am #1

Following is a letter to those who dislike this site and the men who have given their time and effort to preserving God's Truth. I am curious as to how some of you will react to what was written. I hope you will respond.

Kent, try to keep the devil in check and curtail the curse words as much as you can. As I told you on another site many months ago, I will continue to pray for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"As a Christian, I am concerned with the amount of false teachers that are bringing division and inaccurate information to the Church. I hope that all of us understand that false teachers are not new to this world and have been creating problems since man began. Do we forget the sly speech of the serpent? The problem is that these false teachers are not always easy to recognize. They seem to be one of us – friendly, kind, caring.

What worries me is how many people have fallen for their flowery, but empty speeches, and will continue to do so. They have turned member against member and families against families. They discredit and openly disparage those that stand firm to the original teachings. They make the true followers appear closed-minded, legalistic and old fashioned. They laugh and shake their heads at those who abide by all of the Word, stating that times have changed and certain authorities no longer apply.

In their greed for power, they use their followers without remorse, yet sit amongst us as if our friend. They do not follow God’s will but their own desires. They applaud themselves for their large following, knowing that they lead people from the Truth. They make many promises to their followers and teach them that they have the freedom to do as they wish.

You will know them by their emotional speeches which are empty of Truth. Their “truth” is intended to mislead and fulfill the emotional and physical needs of the people. They do NOT teach God’s Will but instead, seek to meet the worldly needs of the people, thereby leading large numbers of people down the path of sin. They have turned their backs on the Word of God and fail to teach it as it was written. God has said that it would be better for their followers to have never known the Truth than to have known it and been led astray. For only punishment awaits those that fall from righteousness.

What about the false teachers’ souls? God has stated that he has prepared retribution for them. Did you think that the God who flooded earth and destroyed Sodom and Gomorrha would forget those who failed to obey his Word? Did you think that because we are under a new law that he will be kinder to those that disobey his commands? Surely you have read the New Testament and the words of Jesus and the Apostles? No such kindness will be given to those who fail to follow ALL his commandments.

As Christians, we have been given a job to do. God has clearly stated that being steadfast in our beliefs is paramount. This means we are to be steadfast in teachings and behaviors. We are not to change our beliefs to fit our World because we are not to be of our world. We are to follow the will of the Lord and not our own. The path will not be easy. We were warned that false teachers would come and lead many astray. Why are we so shocked that God’s Truth has come to pass?

Remember, these false teachers are unable to fully understand Paul’s and the Apostles’ writings. Instead, we should remember that judgment day is coming and that this earth will pass away. Even though God does not want to lose even one soul, He understands that most will turn away from Him. He waits patiently but painfully for the time when Jesus will return like a thief in the night. We must wait patiently and knowingly for that day. We must NOT lose faith in the Truth. We must follow ALL of the writings of the Apostles as the Lord commanded. Not part, but all. We must not let the sinful world lead us away from the One path. We must continue to believe and grow in grace and knowledge.

Sincerely,

Name withheld at this time"

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

September 12th, 2005, 1:19 pm #2

Certainly this is a most heart-felt letter from someone who has seen the light of what's behind the Community/Purpose-Driven Church/Change Movement. S/he wishes for absolute Truth to prevail. Unfortunately, detractors who have hardened their hearts will come and go, curse and scream about this site. Their hatred of the Scriptures is clear by their ravings and rants. Fortunately, they cannot ever splinter our Shield with sophomoric insults, taunts, sarcasm, satire, character assassinations, unspeakable profanity/vulgarity, and diversionary tactics, as they would desire. Such are vain and impotent "weapons." Scriptural Truth ultimately prevails, as it has throughout history. Eons may pass, but Scriptural Truth remains forever.

PPB
PPB

September 13th, 2005, 3:12 am #3

Thanks Bill!

Wish I could take credit for it. It was written many, many eons ago by one MUCH more knowledgeable and humbled than me.

I notice that ChristianScholar and Kent haven't posted anything. I wonder why? I still get a kick out of Kent telling me to jump off a building once (on the ex-c of C site). I really, really made that man mad. The words he used....tsk..tsk.. I'm surprised he's left me alone on this site. I'll continue to pray for him.

kent
kent

September 13th, 2005, 10:13 pm #4

you haver said i told you to jump off a building twice now. I never wrote anything remotely of the sort.

Prove that i wrote that. I assume you cant since its not true

PPB
PPB

September 14th, 2005, 5:17 am #5

Kent, Kent, Kent.....You were the one to start the "Rules of the C of C" thread and now you can't remember how rude you were to so many people? How your cussing was out of control? How it seemed like you had froth foaming around your mouth? Just so you remember your little tirade....

"Kent
:
Items
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:13 pm Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know NOTHING about me! PERIOD. Take a flying leap off a tall building!
I will not answer one more of your posts"

Oh, but you did!
Does that ring a bell? Don't forget YOU asked me to prove it.
By the way, thanks for the thread about this site. Free PR is always good.

PPB
PPB

September 14th, 2005, 5:36 am #6

you haver said i told you to jump off a building twice now. I never wrote anything remotely of the sort.

Prove that i wrote that. I assume you cant since its not true
By the way, the letter posted above is a modernized (but still accurate) version of a letter written by Peter. I'll let you try and find which book/chapter(s) it was taken from.

Seems Peter would be accused of being just as legalistic and unChristian by today's standards as those who run this site. Why, if I remember correctly, many posters have hated and depised the board members for saying many of the same things!

Keep it up guys! It can't hurt to be in the same mindset as Peter and Paul.

kent
kent

September 14th, 2005, 10:48 am #7

ok, i stand somewhat corected. However, telling someone to take a flying leap is not really the same thing as telling someone to jump off a building and die.

The former is hyperboly, the latter is down right mean, really. Come , you are too legalistic for this nonsense!

kent
kent

September 14th, 2005, 10:51 am #8

By the way, the letter posted above is a modernized (but still accurate) version of a letter written by Peter. I'll let you try and find which book/chapter(s) it was taken from.

Seems Peter would be accused of being just as legalistic and unChristian by today's standards as those who run this site. Why, if I remember correctly, many posters have hated and depised the board members for saying many of the same things!

by the way ppb, why do you hide. No name? Email ?
Cussingout of control huh? You havent heard half of what i would tell you if i had email for you!

Take a chance, set up a yahoo account.
Afraid?

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

September 14th, 2005, 1:23 pm #9

PPB,

The Ex-C of C site has several principal topic headings under which people may start threads, like "The Bible", "The Church," etc. (although that web site is supposedly not considered "Christian" as such). In which thread did you find Kent's post that essentially invited you to end your life?

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

September 14th, 2005, 4:11 pm #10

PPB,

If Kent had only said, "Take a flying leap" and nothing more, then there would be no real issue. But since he said, "Take a flying leap off a tall building!" then that's an invitation for you to commit suicide. Now he's trying to diminish its implication. But his original words condemn him.

Kent certainly has no grounds to confront you about "hiding." He goes by "Kent," but since he's used the alias of "Brad" as well, who knows what his true identity is. Definitely hiding.

And about email, of course Kent would love to slam and abuse you with all manner of profanity and vulgarity if he got his hands on your personal email address, or that of anyone else connected with the CM web site. Only a person who's lost his/her senses would give out an email address to someone as pathologically addicted to profanity/vulgarity as Kent is. Of course, if Kent sent you abusive messages to your private email address, you would know his Internet service provider; you then could file a complaint against him with that provider for email harassment (there are laws against that, of course), and he could end up losing his account with that provider.

Just something to consider.