A Concerned Member Of The Church (Rom. 3:24)

A Concerned Member Of The Church (Rom. 3:24)

Sonny
Sonny

October 9th, 2010, 4:32 am #1

I am concerned about religious bullies and religious hypocrites. I am concerned about preachers who post rebuking remarks toward "progressive churches", etc. on this site who have a "history" of [a "specific" sin that "I know" about] while teaching and preaching the gospel to others. I am concerned and think the members and readers of this site need to be aware and "concerned" about this, for it is a serious matter.

May we all be grateful for the glory of God and redemption of Christ freely by grace through faith!

Romans 3:22-24 reads, "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Christ Jesus to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."

-Sonny
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on October 14th, 2010, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 9th, 2010, 6:49 pm #2

May we all be grateful for the glory of God and redemption of Christ freely by grace through faith!

Romans 3:22-24 reads, "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Christ Jesus to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."

Gen. 26:3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee;
......for unto thee, and unto thy seed,
......I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath
...... which I sware unto Abraham thy father;
Gen. 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven,
......and will give unto thy seed all these countries;
......and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
Gen. 26:5 Because that
......Abraham obeyed my voice,
......and kept my charge,
......my commandments,
......my statutes,
......and my laws.

It was Zwingli who tangled RIGHTEOUSNESS and SALVATION. The Jews said you had to become a JEW and keep the Law to be righteous. God had to work on Peter to get him to go into the world of the Gentiles and preach the gospel. The context shows that Peter still believed that people and animals were ceremonially impure. God showed him that no race or even pigs are impure.

A righteous person is one who keeps the laws of their culture so that the society has no charge against him which would disqualify him for full rights. A person who believes in THE FAITH OF JESUS CHRIST is ceremonially pure and capable of CALLING on the Name of the Lord to save him by being baptized.

If Billy Joe's hounds get lifted during the night, the Sheriff does not knock on my door because I am righteous: not sinless but have standing in the community as not a dog kidnapper.

Cornelius was a RIGHTEOUS person but Peter was told to tell him HOW TO BE SAVED. Being a JUST person and of good report, God still worked through the instrumental means of the gospel.

Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

"Grace" should never be used as an OFFSET to violating God's Will. Grace, like Word, is personified in Jesus Christ. Grace means "power" and not unlimited forgiveness for unlimited sins. As an example

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on October 17th, 2010, 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

October 9th, 2010, 6:59 pm #3

I am concerned about religious bullies and religious hypocrites. I am concerned about preachers who post rebuking remarks toward "progressive churches", etc. on this site who have a "history" of [a "specific" sin that "I know" about] while teaching and preaching the gospel to others. I am concerned and think the members and readers of this site need to be aware and "concerned" about this, for it is a serious matter.

-Sonny
Those who hide in various forms of anonymity yet who smear other people have no credibility. They are nothing but vicious gossippers.

Sonny
Sonny

October 9th, 2010, 7:30 pm #4

that we are not to use grace as a license of sin. This is not what I am promoting, but I am promoting salvation by grace.

And Dr. Crump, I am not speaking in anonymity. I have responded directly on this site to the person under the topic "Wall of Shame". Not trying to gossip.

I am questioning how this site can speak against instrumental music but not years of [you name it: "sin"] by a gospel preacher.

-Sonny
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on October 14th, 2010, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 9th, 2010, 7:56 pm #5

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Sonny,

You're partly correct about salvation by grace.

Salvation is offered to man by God and His wonderful grace. But it is also contingent upon man's penitence and acceptance of God's offer of salvation by grace. (We can discuss it further if you like....)

With regards to gossip, any discussion of [you name it: a specific "sin"] by a gospel preacher will not be tolerated on this site -- we all know that. That is a personal matter between the individual (be it a gospel preacher, a change agent, a regular member) and God.

We discuss religious doctrines, beliefs and issues -- and that is not gossip.[/color]
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on October 14th, 2010, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 9th, 2010, 8:11 pm #6

that we are not to use grace as a license of sin. This is not what I am promoting, but I am promoting salvation by grace.

And Dr. Crump, I am not speaking in anonymity. I have responded directly on this site to the person under the topic "Wall of Shame". Not trying to gossip.

I am questioning how this site can speak against instrumental music but not years of [you name it: "sin"] by a gospel preacher.

-Sonny

This forum was begun when churches which had been "boiling the frogs" for about a decade claimed to get visions, hear audible voices or have a spirit tell them that the curse of the sacrificial system noise--never called music--is God "commanding instrumental praise and we must not be disobedient."

Being used by the NACC a small band of preachers and professors in what they called "unity meetings" was their chance to preach that unity demanded people to go instrumental music or affirm that it was Biblical. At the highest level of scholarship there is no shame in collecting parts of verses mentioning instruments and defining their reading as inspired. At the same time the authority is from the sacrificial system after God abandoned Israel to worship the starry host BECAUSE of musical idolatry at Mount Sinai.

Because they plead being "postmodern" they also plead postbiblical other than using fragments to "write themselves into the story as a greater-than Moses or a greater-than Jesus Christ."

This "lying wonder" of imposing professional musicians happened in most Bible-believing groups. Concerned members was started after Madison in Nashville was willing to sacrifice more than half of the "owners" so they could--and I quote--"turn their old church into a theater for holy entertainment."

As far as I know, no one has used their personal failures as a WEDGE to infiltrate into a happy church and force everyone to affirm their failure or get out. That is not a stretch since all of the instrumentalists are forced to lie about all of the Bible which radically outlaws "vocal or instrumental rejoicing." From Genesis to Revelation and all older church history the use of instruments in the "school of Christ" has been treated as a salvation issue. The problem is that apparently no level of scholarship permits people to grasp that a Christian is a Disciple of Christ and disciples attend Bible class. Nor do they grasp that the synagogue (Paul's words) or ekklesia is such a School (only) of the Word of Christ (only).

Christ as the Rock ordained the Qahal, synagogue or Church of Christ in the wilderness. This was after the fall from grace at Mount Sinai. God gave the Civil-Military-Clergy role to the tribe of Levi even when Jacob had warned them NOT to attend the assemblies of the tribe of Levi.

http://www.piney.com/Synagogue1.html

The godly people, from the wilderness onward, were quarantined to their local area to attend school of the Word. This happened on the Sabbath (rest) days while the cursed Levi tribe was PROFANING the sabbath in the later temple. This was acceptable with God because He finally left them without redemption when the "elders" fired god and wanted a "national" king so they could worship like the nations. That meant Egypt, Greece, Canaan and Babylon.

None of the "change agents" have been Bible scholars but hired because of their rhetorical skills and "charismatic" presence: rhetoric is lumped with slick singers and instrument players as hypocrites (Isaiah; Ezekiel) by which Jesus identified a Scribe or Pharisee. The word "charismatic" which one preacher demands as necessary is a primary meaning of Grace (Charis) meaning "in an erotic sense giving favors to another male."

Baptism, the neo-trinitariansm, women's performing roles and a host of other topics have been covered.

It is not GRACEFUL to gossip about failures since most people think that GRACE covers sin as a confession that they intend to rely on grace and not doctrine.

Most of the "music" material by CM is in response to published or preached material used to intimidate people into not questioning the "message of the holy spirit." I suppose we will keep up the drum beat of harping on instrumental music defined anciently as a way to "silence the voice of the victim" or at the temple and Jesus "to make the Lamb dumb before the slaughter."
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on October 14th, 2010, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonny
Sonny

October 9th, 2010, 8:26 pm #7

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Sonny,

You're partly correct about salvation by grace.

Salvation is offered to man by God and His wonderful grace. But it is also contingent upon man's penitence and acceptance of God's offer of salvation by grace. (We can discuss it further if you like....)

With regards to gossip, any discussion of [you name it: a specific "sin"] by a gospel preacher will not be tolerated on this site -- we all know that. That is a personal matter between the individual (be it a gospel preacher, a change agent, a regular member) and God.

We discuss religious doctrines, beliefs and issues -- and that is not gossip.[/color]
I assumed that if this site did not consider it gossip to speak about the doctrine of instrumental music and people who practice and teach this, that the site did not consider it gossip to speak about the doctrine of sexual purity and people who practice this while speaking of the "shame" of others.

I am not trying to judge him, nor anyone else on this site, but find it interesting that he would be so judgmental of all who are not like him.

I believe the same grace that can save him is the same grace that can save you and me. I do not personally practice IM, but I certainly do not think it is his place to be posting a "wall of shame".

-Sonny

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

October 9th, 2010, 10:13 pm #8

-Sonny
Unless a person is willing to post under his/her FULL name, s/he hides under full or partial anonymity. Posting under a first name only is partial anonymity; hence, there is a lack of credibility. People are far more willing to accuse others of "sin" ONLY if they can maintain full or partial anonymity. That's cowardly.

Sonny
Sonny

October 11th, 2010, 2:05 am #9

I am accusing us all of sin, because the Bible does (Rom. 3:23). The reason for specifically mentioning his sin is because of his audacity to post a "wall of shame" based on worship differences.

We all have sin / shame, thus, we all need grace / redemption through Christ.

-Sonny Sinner

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

October 11th, 2010, 2:58 am #10

No real, full name--no credibility whatsoever.