A Concerned Member Of The Church (Part 2) - 3 Questions

A Concerned Member Of The Church (Part 2) - 3 Questions

Sonny
Sonny

October 11th, 2010, 11:44 pm #1

1. If someone worships God acappella, yet commits adultery, can they be forgiven?

2. If someone worships God with a piano, yet does not commit adultery, can they be forgiven? (I understand this is assuming/implying that the piano is a sin.)

3. If someone worships acappella, does not commit adultery, but does not show mercy to others, can they be forgiven? (James 2:12 and 4:11-12 warn not to judge without mercy.)

-Sonny
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on October 12th, 2010, 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

October 12th, 2010, 3:33 pm #2

If Person X worships a cappella (BTW, that's two Italian words, not one word), yet spreads sordid tales to smear Person Y, can Person X be forgiven?

Sonny
Sonny

November 3rd, 2010, 5:28 am #3

1. If someone worships God acappella, yet commits adultery, can they be forgiven?

2. If someone worships God with a piano, yet does not commit adultery, can they be forgiven? (I understand this is assuming/implying that the piano is a sin.)

3. If someone worships acappella, does not commit adultery, but does not show mercy to others, can they be forgiven? (James 2:12 and 4:11-12 warn not to judge without mercy.)

-Sonny
Here are my thoughts:

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. No. (I would like to think yes here as well and hopefully it is, but Scripture seems to say no.)

-Sonny

November 4th, 2010, 4:04 am #4

No! Jesus didn't command Acappella worship. We are commanded to teach what HE commanded to be Taught. He commanded us to worship IN THE SPIRIT in contrast to IN TEMPLES on MOUNTAINS.

ACappella is a steal word for "a cappella" or in the style of the Pope's castrated French Opry singers where instruments were unlawful in the official mass and the falsetto's were not as "thusing."

I cannot worship "a cappella" singing "organum" or after the pipe organ. I am too old to castrate and too young to be caught dead singing CCM using the alternative "Trouser's Songs" for the WANNABE castratoes.

Before a doctor told me that singing a fair tenor was destroying my vocal cords me, wife and three girls made a pretty good team..

I am told that if you sing falsetto CCM for any extended period you lose your ability to sound like a male and go around squeeking like a mouse. Congregational singing is NOT a cappella but in the words of Paul, fools love to be fooled.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

November 4th, 2010, 4:10 am #5

If Person X worships a cappella (BTW, that's two Italian words, not one word), yet spreads sordid tales to smear Person Y, can Person X be forgiven?
Here is my thought:

NO, unless the person who spread the sordid tale repented, apologized to the person he wronged, and retracted all his previous statements about that person who had been wronged.

Sonny
Sonny

November 4th, 2010, 4:26 am #6

No! Jesus didn't command Acappella worship. We are commanded to teach what HE commanded to be Taught. He commanded us to worship IN THE SPIRIT in contrast to IN TEMPLES on MOUNTAINS.

ACappella is a steal word for "a cappella" or in the style of the Pope's castrated French Opry singers where instruments were unlawful in the official mass and the falsetto's were not as "thusing."

I cannot worship "a cappella" singing "organum" or after the pipe organ. I am too old to castrate and too young to be caught dead singing CCM using the alternative "Trouser's Songs" for the WANNABE castratoes.

Before a doctor told me that singing a fair tenor was destroying my vocal cords me, wife and three girls made a pretty good team..

I am told that if you sing falsetto CCM for any extended period you lose your ability to sound like a male and go around squeeking like a mouse. Congregational singing is NOT a cappella but in the words of Paul, fools love to be fooled.
So... you are saying people can be forgiven (if they repent) for adultery, homosexuality, murder, etc. (any sin) but not for worshipping God acappella?

As far as I know, this is NOT what [... (d.c.)] any other Church of Christ preacher or elder in the past 200 years has taught from Scripture.

I thought that SURELY I was misreading Mr. Sublett's comments, but after rereading it, I don't think I am, but maybe I am.

-Sonny
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on November 4th, 2010, 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
Dave

November 4th, 2010, 3:09 pm #7

Donnie.....if you ever ever needed proof positive that you are wrong about Ken not being against singing, then look at the last sentence of Ken's last response.

He said..."Congregational singing is NOT a cappella but in the words of Paul, fools love to be fooled."
Donnie, did Ken say PRAISE TEAM? Donnie, did Ken mention instrumental music?
NO!
He said....."Congregational singing...."

Maybe NOW would be a good time to do some editing.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

November 4th, 2010, 3:52 pm #8

Dave seems so preoccupied with ragging Ken these days that I think Dave has allowed Ken to get under his skin.

Donnie
Donnie

November 4th, 2010, 4:34 pm #9

-Sonny
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dave,

You need to be a little more of a stickler for details. I am. Ken is very detailed; but in the above post, he even attempted to simplify it for you and others like you.

Did you pay any attention at all to the preceding paragraphs, especially the 2nd? Until you come to a fuller understanding of the origin and the original definition of "a cappella," you will just keep repeating your questions and assertions.

OK. I think that your mind needs a little refreshing for now: "A cappella" -- in the style of the Pope's falsetto-sounding CHOIR BOYS:[/color]
[color=#000000" size="3" face="times]Castrato
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A castrato (Italian, plural: castrati) is a man with a singing voice equivalent to that of a soprano, mezzo-soprano, or contralto voice produced either by castration of the singer before puberty or one who, because of an endocrinological condition, never reaches sexual maturity.

Castration before puberty (or in its early stages) prevents a boy's larynx from being transformed by the normal physiological events of puberty. As a result, the vocal range of prepubescence (shared by both sexes) is largely retained, and the voice develops into adulthood in a unique way. Prepubescent castration for this purpose diminished greatly in the late 18th century and was made illegal in Italy in 1870.

As the castrato's body grew, his lack of testosterone meant that his epiphyses (bone-joints) did not harden in the normal manner. Thus the limbs of the castrati often grew unusually long, as did the bones of their ribs. This, combined with intensive training, gave them unrivalled lung-power and breath capacity. Operating through small, child-sized vocal cords, their voices were also extraordinarily flexible, and quite different from the equivalent adult female voice, as well as higher vocal ranges of the uncastrated adult male (see soprano, mezzo-soprano, alto, sopranist, countertenor and contralto). Listening to the only surviving recordings of a castrato (see below), one can hear that the lower part of the voice sounds like a "super-high" tenor, with a more falsetto-like upper register above that.

More at this link --http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castrato [/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]As you can see, there is more to "a cappella" music than simply non-instrumental.

Ken has clearly demonstrated the distinction between:[/color]
(a) The Pope's CHOIR BOYS or the progressive church's PRAISE TEAM [or Baptist CHOIR or Mormon Tabernacle CHOIR]

--------------------- versus ------------------------

(b) Congregational singing.
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]The PRAISE TEAM of elite singers sing and perform to/for the congregation.

The "Worship Leader's" PRAISE TEAM encourages the congregants to listen to or watch a "religious" performance. Rather than truly understanding "How Excellent Is Thy Name, O Lord," what is effected is the congregation applauding, "How Excellent Is the Performance of the PRAISE TEAM."

On the other hand, congregational singing encourages participation of members to "let the word of Christ dwell in you richly ... teaching and admonishing ONE ANOTHER in ... songs."[/color]

Dave
Dave

November 4th, 2010, 7:05 pm #10

Dave seems so preoccupied with ragging Ken these days that I think Dave has allowed Ken to get under his skin.
William Crump,
Make up your mind.
One minute you say that you are getting under my skin.....the next minute you are saying that you are getting under Sonny's skin......the next minute you are saying that Ken is getting under my skin.......wait a second......perhaps/maybe YOU are the one preoccupied with something here?
Some people are like that. If it aint (sic) doom and gloom, then they just don't want to be a part of it.

Donnie,
You certainly didn't surprise me with your comment about Ken and his take on congregational singing being evil.
You could explain away anything.
If you can make the Holy Spirit complicated, then you can make anything complicated.

Did you say you were a lawyer by trade?