Updates on Saga 2.0 from Crisis

Where official announcements are made to the crowd.
pyruse

10 Nov 2017, 12:23 #31

Why do you think mounted can corner move? The new rules say straight line movement. I think that means up to L in a straight line.

AKu

10 Nov 2017, 12:28 #32

pyruse wrote: Why do you think mounted can corner move? The new rules say straight line movement. I think that means up to L in a straight line.
Read one more time. They can change L move to M+M move. That mean they move m straight and then a gain in m straight line but might be diferent direction aka corner move

Stilger

10 Nov 2017, 18:13 #33

AKu wrote:
pyruse wrote: Cavalry take fatigue whenever they move in terrain - that's  a pretty big disadvantage.
Not big enough. You move 2 times faster. With new rules you will be able to take corner aka move m and m. Foot only m in straight line. Thats way bigger advantage than taking 1 fatigue on dificult terrain (not all terrain open field hills dont give them fatigue). And dont forget scenarious where you have to move and dont really need to go on any terrain.
I think it depends on your local meta and how much and what type of terrain your tournament organizer likes to throw on his tables.  For me I dread this rule. The idea of having to dig your infantry out of a forest with my cav is horrifying.  Fortunately for me A.) Most of my local tournament organizers don't put a lot of uneven ground on the board and B.) Somehow most of my opponents haven't figured this tactic out.  

Falchion

12 Nov 2017, 07:10 #34

Wait, no more -1 armor for cav vs shooting? Where does it say that? I'll need to update my article!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

AKu

12 Nov 2017, 08:22 #35

On reference sheet near equipment it only says you get fatigue going on terrain. Nothing about -1 for shooting

Falchion

12 Nov 2017, 09:35 #36

Also, on the supposed "nerf" of HG. They are now the only unit that can take wounds for the Warlord. Since they are no longer that enticing to take in big units, suddenly HG become what they were always supposed to be: a small, elite unit that protects your Warlord.

I think we'll have to wait for the actual, updated battle boards before we can judge on their actual effectiveness under the new rules.

AKu

12 Nov 2017, 11:08 #37

Falchion wrote: Also, on the supposed "nerf" of HG. They are now the only unit that can take wounds for the Warlord. Since they are no longer that enticing to take in big units, suddenly HG become what they were always supposed to be: a small, elite unit that protects your Warlord.

I think we'll have to wait for the actual, updated battle boards before we can judge on their actual effectiveness under the new rules.
Well that a nerf. Cause you will se smaller units and they will be used to soak warlord wounds. And they are expensive 4 figs for 1pt. Statistically they lose to 1pt of wariors and i think even to levies now do to small numbers. And know they are the only unit that can take wounds so they will get even smaller.

hithero

20 Nov 2017, 10:00 #38

What l don't want to see is the introduction of straight-line movement, I have no idea why they would implement this, its not right for an individual model skirmish game to be so restricted.  As this will make it harder for individuals to get into the fight, it will mean having every model on movement trays or ranked into formations - no, not good at all.

I also like the way a single warrior can generate a die.  I see this as a self-imposed morale system, rather than every unit fighting to the death, you would retire depleted unit, enemy would chase them down.  The old way seems thematic and give you more strategic option, new way is just allsorts of wrong.  
Dave

Orm Bear Slayer

20 Nov 2017, 14:39 #39

AKu wrote: On reference sheet near equipment it only says you get fatigue going on terrain. Nothing about -1 for shooting

I spoke with Andy from GB at warfare. There is still going to be a -1 to the armour of mounted targets when shot at.

Skip

20 Nov 2017, 15:01 #40

Now that was some wishful thinking!