Who Has the BEST 49-54 C-cab Headliners for sale?

Jim Kaufman
Jim Kaufman

October 19th, 2011, 12:39 pm #1

2R5
2R5

October 19th, 2011, 1:26 pm #2

My opinion its Ernie Loga......hands down !

GS
GS

October 19th, 2011, 3:04 pm #3

If your not concerned about it being pure stock, here's a great option. And yes they are still in business, he just had to reduce his staff due to the downturn.

http://www.roddoors.com/pages/hdlnr-dir.html#studestrk

Ted Jensen
Ted Jensen

October 20th, 2011, 2:39 am #4

If you are looking for opinons I go with the Rods and doors interior. It is not paper. It fits good. looks good and stands up better than anything our studebaker venders or what Studebaker offered OEM. Ted

Buzz
Buzz

October 20th, 2011, 3:09 am #5

Try Chuck & Chris Collins at:

http://www.studebakerparts.com/

StudebakerParts.Com
Phone 602 995 5311

Dieseless Jim
Dieseless Jim

October 20th, 2011, 4:00 am #6

I used a Roddendoor in my 543R11. I would use them again. The 54 is a one year only cab as it has a one piece windshield and the smaller rear window. Jim

Jim Kaufman
Jim Kaufman

October 20th, 2011, 1:57 pm #7

If you are looking for opinons I go with the Rods and doors interior. It is not paper. It fits good. looks good and stands up better than anything our studebaker venders or what Studebaker offered OEM. Ted
Did you install one of theirs? I looked at their website and I have not called them yet. My question is, how much was it for the kit? It looks like $500? Do they have something that covers the whole back of the cab (behind the seat from bottom of window down to floor? Can you email me a picture of your interior so I can see what it looks like?

Thanks
Jim

Tom in San Diego CA
Tom in San Diego CA

October 20th, 2011, 5:42 pm #8

at the prices i've seen, it's much safer to use a local upholstery person. I know an old guy near my house that's been doing my cars for 20 years or more and he's extrememly good. He pays a lot of attention to detail and customizes things for me all the time. when it comes time he'll do my headliner. (if he doesn't kick the bucket first cuz he's getting up there!) Nothing like a personal and professional job. I tried one of those cardboard things and I just felt like a fool for spending the money on that garbage. Sorry if that offends anyone but sometimes stock is not the way to go. (did I say that???)

funseeker
funseeker

October 21st, 2011, 12:39 am #9

i'm not sure if this is the same place your talking about.but tried dealing with a outfit called RodDoors and didn't have any luck dealing with them, just saying.
so i made my own out of wovem fibreglass and some insulation

Ted Jensen
Ted Jensen

October 21st, 2011, 4:41 am #10

Did you install one of theirs? I looked at their website and I have not called them yet. My question is, how much was it for the kit? It looks like $500? Do they have something that covers the whole back of the cab (behind the seat from bottom of window down to floor? Can you email me a picture of your interior so I can see what it looks like?

Thanks
Jim
Jim: I have not yet installed one in my truck. However the next truck I will. I drove Jim Maxey's 3/4 in May. Installed in Jims truck is this it. It looks good doesn't sag. It fits well and may even have some sound or noise canceling effect. Ted

r1lark
r1lark

October 22nd, 2011, 9:03 pm #11

i'm not sure if this is the same place your talking about.but tried dealing with a outfit called RodDoors and didn't have any luck dealing with them, just saying.

Funseeker,

I am continuely in awe of your capabilities. That headliner looks great, and the way you constructed it shows a lot of creativity!

Paul

John Weinrich
John Weinrich

October 23rd, 2011, 5:45 pm #12

can you give us a short explanation how you did it? Looks like you used the outside cab skin to mold the fiberglass, is that correct?

funseeker
funseeker

October 24th, 2011, 4:38 am #13

yes,and just fit to size of inside

Jim Beadle
Jim Beadle

October 24th, 2011, 11:46 am #14

can you give us a short explanation how you did it? Looks like you used the outside cab skin to mold the fiberglass, is that correct?
John, if you go the search function and type in Funseeker Projects and click on the second post you will get MANY Funseeker pictures and a few or of the headliner project. I am thinking of trying his method. Good Luck Jim Beadle