T-Cab Trans question

T-Cab Trans question

May 27th, 2017, 1:42 am #1

I just bought a 1963 Champ. It was born with a 3spd manual transmission on the column, at some point it was converted to a floor shift. I doesn't work right, I usually can't find second gear. Has anyone does this conversion? If I can find a Lark parts car, is the steering column and linkages a direct swap? Thank You

May 27th, 2017, 1:54 am #2

Does your truck still have a 3 speed transmission? do you know what type of shifter was used? Most of the Lark parts will fit, but you would likely need to find a 63 Lark, to be sure everything clears the hanging pedals. Try draining the fluid from the transmission and then fill it again with Valvoline 75/90 full synthetic. If the shifting problem is in the transmission this may help. If the trouble is in the linkage or the shifter a good inspection and cleaning after making sure the linkage is adjusted may also help.

May 27th, 2017, 2:05 am #3

yes it still has the 3spd. I can't tell what brand of shifter it is. I can't see any type of adjustments and I have never seen anything like this. I am going to try and check out a Lark parts car in the morning, i would be happy to go back original. The actual transmission works well.