Seeing the stf dinner reminds me, has anyone made plans for the field day dinner?

Seeing the stf dinner reminds me, has anyone made plans for the field day dinner?

George o
George o

August 6th, 2012, 11:46 am #1

Field day of the past will be upon us shortly. Did anyone make any plans for us to have a get together(lunch,dinner,meeting)?

Seems it wold be well attended.

If I need to do something, let me know

Take care

George o

John Weinrich
John Weinrich

August 6th, 2012, 2:23 pm #2

Arrive on Friday and spend the night so I will be showing my truck on Friday and Saturday. I would think it would be great if you could set something up if you know the area. I'm way up here in Woodbridge and don't know the area down there much and have never been to the FDotP.

Brian Dahl
Brian Dahl

August 6th, 2012, 8:45 pm #3

Field day of the past will be upon us shortly. Did anyone make any plans for us to have a get together(lunch,dinner,meeting)?

Take care

George o
As for me, we will be driving the truck back and forth each day, and plan to leave before dark, daily. A planned luncheon would be nice, but could not stay for dinner. Thank you for your interest in this. Think it would be fun!
Brian

John Weinrich
John Weinrich

August 6th, 2012, 10:24 pm #4

Take care

George o
luncheon would best either on Friday or Saturday. I would expect Saturday would be the day to go with because it is more likely that everyone will be there.

George o
George o

August 7th, 2012, 12:07 am #5

I also think Saturday will be the best day.

Will work on plans in the next week or so. How about a list of possible folks that will be attending
take care &
Thanks

George o

John Weinrich
John Weinrich

August 7th, 2012, 12:33 am #6

John Weinrich
Jim Beadle
Brian Dahl
Frank Drumheller
George Orphanidys

Not sure who else, anybody?

Frank Drumheller
Frank Drumheller

August 7th, 2012, 12:34 am #7

I also think Saturday will be the best day.

Will work on plans in the next week or so. How about a list of possible folks that will be attending
take care &
Thanks

George o
George; Hope you can get some info from Gary. There are several eating places in the area. I plan to be there on Saturday-don't think I could do both days. Probably Gerald Hiter will come with me. I'll have to drive the Lark, I couldn't handle the fire truck.

So, count two from Louisa on Saturday. I'll try to bring some goodies along that folks might be interesting in seeing (perhaps my dealer data books?).

Looking forward in getting back on the Studebaker circuit. Be good, Frank

Frank Drumheller
Frank Drumheller

August 7th, 2012, 12:39 am #8

I'll contact Chester Bradfield to see if perhaps he can drive one of his four Coupe Express' down on Saturday. Also, will contact Gene Carpenter in Charlottesville to see if he can bring his totally original 1949 2R5 down. He's not a STF, but loves his truck. Frank

Gary Hearn
Gary Hearn

August 7th, 2012, 1:19 am #9

Take care

George o
Folks,

My suggestion would be to plan something on the grounds, especially if it is going to be Saturday. With the traffic on Rt. 623 it will be virtually impossible to leave and then return to the showgrounds. There is always a good array of food vendors on site, my suggestion would be to allow everyone to get whatever food they wanted and then find a good spot to meet. You could certainly congregate in my spot (the threshing area) which is along the creek below the education building. Be sure to save room to get some homemade ice cream from the Bolt brothers across the road from me.

My spot is designated as "T" on the map found on this link:

The show website can also provide you with much more information.

http://www.fielddayofthepast.net/

For those bringing antique vehicles, PLEASE register in advance. The gentleman who formerly handled the antique vehicles (Curtis Black) passed away. His duties have now been assumed by Steve Shell (804-245-1078), any questions can be directed to him.

I plan to arrive at the show on Thursday. As time draws nearer, I can provide my cell nuber for anyone that needs it.

Gary Hearn
Gary Hearn

August 7th, 2012, 1:24 am #10

Take care

George o
I am also going to contact Don Jones, who has recently moved from PA to Concord, VA. I believe that Don still has his Champ pickup which he could bring over. Those of you that attended the International Meet in Lancaster in 2008 will remember him as the individual who portrayed Clement Studebaker.

John Weinrich
John Weinrich

August 7th, 2012, 1:39 am #11

Folks,

My suggestion would be to plan something on the grounds, especially if it is going to be Saturday. With the traffic on Rt. 623 it will be virtually impossible to leave and then return to the showgrounds. There is always a good array of food vendors on site, my suggestion would be to allow everyone to get whatever food they wanted and then find a good spot to meet. You could certainly congregate in my spot (the threshing area) which is along the creek below the education building. Be sure to save room to get some homemade ice cream from the Bolt brothers across the road from me.

For those bringing antique vehicles, PLEASE register in advance. The gentleman who formerly handled the antique vehicles (Curtis Black) passed away. His duties have now been assumed by Steve Shell (804-245-1078), any questions can be directed to him.

I plan to arrive at the show on Thursday. As time draws nearer, I can provide my cell nuber for anyone that needs it.
I saw that Famous Dave's will be there but I eat at there all the time. They have good pork.

John Weinrich
John Weinrich

August 7th, 2012, 1:41 am #12

Take care

George o
bring? I assume something portable to sit on is a must. Will they let you bring in a cooler with drinks and food?

Gary Hearn
Gary Hearn

August 7th, 2012, 1:58 am #13

Coolers tend to be frowned upon if you carry them in, but on the floorboard (or trunk) of your Stude you should have no problem. Put a folding chair or 2 in there as well. Wear comfortable shoes and wear a hat, there is a lot to see!

george o
george o

August 7th, 2012, 3:17 pm #14

Take care

George o
But lets plan it for Gary's area on Saturday in the 1:00 range. Informal meeting. bring your lunch, drinks etc. and just shoot the breeze together for an hour or so.

I will try and keep the list together on a weekly basis although not really necessary with the format of this meeting.

By the way Field day of the past is September 21 - 23rd 2012

Take Care

george

george o
george o

August 7th, 2012, 3:21 pm #15

Take Care

George o

Dan Martin
Dan Martin

August 7th, 2012, 4:26 pm #16

John Weinrich
Jim Beadle
Brian Dahl
Frank Drumheller
George Orphanidys

Not sure who else, anybody?
My 58 3E7-12 won't be ready to bring yet, but I'm planning on coming and putting faces to some of the names I've seen on STT...!!!
And of course seeing some great Studebaker Trucks!!

Frank Drumheller
Frank Drumheller

August 7th, 2012, 6:00 pm #17

forward in meeting and becoming acquainted with you. Hope to see you at Field Day!! Frank

Brian Dahl
Brian Dahl

August 7th, 2012, 9:28 pm #18

Folks,

He said as a reminder to everyone, try to have Field Days Registration along with a copy of insurance card for vehicle, submitted as soon as possible for vehicles going on display. Also a FIRE EXTINGUISHER is required for each vehicle. Vehicles enter thru GATE B starting at 8:00 am, and no vehicles can enter after 3:00 pm daily.
This years event should be a lot of fun!
Brian

Brian Dahl
Brian Dahl

August 7th, 2012, 10:25 pm #19

My 58 3E7-12 won't be ready to bring yet, but I'm planning on coming and putting faces to some of the names I've seen on STT...!!!
And of course seeing some great Studebaker Trucks!!
Look forward to saying HI
Brian

Dan Martin
Dan Martin

August 8th, 2012, 12:00 am #20

Brian,
Are you bringing your truck?? Looking forward to meeting you!

Brian Dahl
Brian Dahl

August 8th, 2012, 5:15 pm #21

We'll be there in all our Turquoise glory!

Jim Beadle
Jim Beadle

August 9th, 2012, 12:13 am #22

But lets plan it for Gary's area on Saturday in the 1:00 range. Informal meeting. bring your lunch, drinks etc. and just shoot the breeze together for an hour or so.

I will try and keep the list together on a weekly basis although not really necessary with the format of this meeting.

By the way Field day of the past is September 21 - 23rd 2012

Take Care

george
Looking forward to it and I agree with Gary about leaving the grounds. I might be able to bring a Quick-Up 12 X 12 if they are allowed in Garys area. Maybe we could contact some of the Central Virginia SDC members and maybe they will also want to be there. I will try and contact Preston Young and let him ask them. BTW George, Brian D., Myself and John Weinrich are meeting at The Bass Pro shops in Ashland at about 1030-1100 on this Friday if you are in the area. Jim Beadle

Dieseless Jim
Dieseless Jim

August 9th, 2012, 2:22 am #23

Take Care

George o
We did have a good time last year but it is a long drive. Would be neat to see all of you. Jim

george o
george o

August 9th, 2012, 12:49 pm #24

Looking forward to it and I agree with Gary about leaving the grounds. I might be able to bring a Quick-Up 12 X 12 if they are allowed in Garys area. Maybe we could contact some of the Central Virginia SDC members and maybe they will also want to be there. I will try and contact Preston Young and let him ask them. BTW George, Brian D., Myself and John Weinrich are meeting at The Bass Pro shops in Ashland at about 1030-1100 on this Friday if you are in the area. Jim Beadle
take care

george o