Sadly, I think the 2R11 must go :(

Sadly, I think the 2R11 must go :(

Matt Burnette
Matt Burnette

May 1st, 2012, 6:36 am #1

First.. I love this truck.

However. I have stuck it on the local C-list.http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/2989304630.html

Reality says that I can't really afford to have an expensive toy like this. Also, it won't fit in my garage. I do my stainless repair and have a workshop in there, and it's too cramped for the truck to fit. The truck is totally original with 14K miles and I won't let it sit outside and deteriorate.

The thing runs perfectly. Drives great, likely the smoothest most comfortable riding Studebaker pickup I've ever seen. Fly in and if you're okay with a cruising speed of 60-65, drive it home anywhere in the country. I have put over 300 miles on the truck and it's an absolute blast.

Do I want to let this thing go? Nope. But reality is telling me otherwise.

The price on the Craiglist ad would be very negotiable for a STTer.

MB

Jim Beadle
Jim Beadle

May 1st, 2012, 11:13 am #2

Wish I could afford to buy it. One thing I noticed is it seems to have a padded dash? Have not seen that on an R series before. Was that installed by PO? Looks nice. Jim B.

Brian Dahl
Brian Dahl

May 1st, 2012, 11:27 am #3

To own THAT truck! I especially liked it with all the "goodies" on it (lights, siren, etc.), but still a nice looking ride. Had I not just got a Stude., I may well be interested, but, no room for two.
Don't believe you will have any problem selling the truck, and wish you the best in your efforts.

2R5
2R5

May 1st, 2012, 1:20 pm #4

Matt !......your shocking me .
Its probably a good thing we're not closer together I'd be over today .

vern ediger
vern ediger

May 1st, 2012, 2:43 pm #5

However. I have stuck it on the local C-list.http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/2989304630.html

Reality says that I can't really afford to have an expensive toy like this. Also, it won't fit in my garage. I do my stainless repair and have a workshop in there, and it's too cramped for the truck to fit. The truck is totally original with 14K miles and I won't let it sit outside and deteriorate.

The thing runs perfectly. Drives great, likely the smoothest most comfortable riding Studebaker pickup I've ever seen. Fly in and if you're okay with a cruising speed of 60-65, drive it home anywhere in the country. I have put over 300 miles on the truck and it's an absolute blast.

MB
do you have a way of loading into 18 wheeler?

Matt B
Matt B

May 1st, 2012, 3:23 pm #6

Wish I could afford to buy it. One thing I noticed is it seems to have a padded dash? Have not seen that on an R series before. Was that installed by PO? Looks nice. Jim B.
I added the padded dash to cover up some screw holes that had been added over the years.

Matt B
Matt B

May 1st, 2012, 3:24 pm #7

do you have a way of loading into 18 wheeler?
Vern I live 30 miles from Atlanta. You find a loading terminal, I'll get the truck there.

Matt B
Matt B

May 1st, 2012, 3:25 pm #8

Matt !......your shocking me .
Its probably a good thing we're not closer together I'd be over today .
It hurts to even think about it, trust me.

Matt B
Matt B

May 1st, 2012, 3:41 pm #9

Vern I live 30 miles from Atlanta. You find a loading terminal, I'll get the truck there.
I take that back Vern. I'll find a way to load it if you're gonna buy it.

MW
MW

May 1st, 2012, 3:42 pm #10

MB
Matt, you are a bit young to have you gone off your rocker. So, I'll assume that isn't it.

I'd definitely love to have that for sure. Not sure it is on the my price range and budget at the moment. Mostly because my wife would probably not be impressed unless I cleared out all of my other Stude stuff, preferably first or very quickly after at worst. I don't want to insult you with a low offer on it yet. Maybe see what kind of responses you get from others first and if that isn't panning out a good offer, maybe we can work out a deal on it. On one hand, trading out my two projects for one truck that doesn't need as much work is also tempting.

Matt B
Matt B

May 1st, 2012, 4:54 pm #11

MB
Vern called and asked for more pictures. Here's showing the worst spots, and the lack of rust anywhere.

MW
MW

May 1st, 2012, 9:22 pm #12

Pretend I'm not seeing this and get back to work.

Matt
Matt

May 1st, 2012, 9:32 pm #13

Make me an offer, Mr. Webb.

2R5
2R5

May 1st, 2012, 9:38 pm #14

....Matt , you did mention a STF discount???

Matt
Matt

May 1st, 2012, 9:44 pm #15

Certainly Bob.. I'd do $7500 or an offer close to that for a STFer.

Bob Andrews
Bob Andrews

May 2nd, 2012, 12:19 am #16

That truck is very tempting to me... luckily, I'm, downsizing. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself...

2R5
2R5

May 2nd, 2012, 12:32 am #17

Bob I know what your saying ....same here, if Matt were a little closer

Matt Burnette
Matt Burnette

May 2nd, 2012, 1:30 am #18

That truck is very tempting to me... luckily, I'm, downsizing. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself...
In hindsight I shouldn't have bought it. I sold the wagon mostly because I needed the cash. Things are tight for me right now, more than I'm comfortable with. Before the wagon's auction ended, I decided to buy the truck cause I just KNEW I had to have it thinking that the money issues would work themselves out. Well, they haven't. I'm still in the same boat and, still need the cash.. If I want to go to South Bend this summer, or do any of the other trips I have planned, then the truck has to go. It's a tough decision to make. Have a cool truck and not go anywhere, or sell the thing and have fun going around the country this summer. Too bad I'm not getting rich being a Studebaker vendor. (grin)

vern ediger
vern ediger

May 2nd, 2012, 2:12 am #19

if you get rich as a vendor, let me know how you did it. Ted would like to know also. thanks for the pictures, I am thinking, the wife said buy it. not sure if I need more cars and trucks.

Matt
Matt

May 2nd, 2012, 2:44 am #20

If the wife said go for it, then you'd best mail me a check. (grin)

Would make my day to see you get it Vern. I know it'd be in good hands.

I think I told you about the Fire Dept.. I got ahold of them and sent pics. They were ecstatic to see their old truck surface. They wanted it back BAD.. Then I told them a price and replied back with "Well we sold it at auction in '01 for $500..."

Ouch!

Too bad Doc Cade isn't still around.. I'd sell you the truck, you'd sell it to Doc and then I could visit it. Haha.

MW
MW

May 2nd, 2012, 5:15 pm #21

Make me an offer, Mr. Webb.
But, unfortunately my current budget limitations wouldn't be where you need it to be to help you on your end. I better let Vern take a crack at it as he seems to be in a better position.

$500 in 2001! That is a bit painful. I paid $2200 plus $750 shipping for mine in 2002 and untracked $'s keeping it going and it isn't in anywhere near that nice of shape. But, it has been fun to own, has served me reliably for 10 years and keeps going strong. So, I can't complain too much. I suppose there will always be a 'better' truck out there no matter what.

Best of luck with it one way or another.

Bob W
Bob W

May 2nd, 2012, 7:20 pm #22

MB
Matt,

I will attempt to talk you out of this if you are in South Bend this weekend. I had a truck that wouldn't fit in my garage so I moved. Best decision I ever made.

Sincerely,

Bob W.

peter
peter

May 2nd, 2012, 7:42 pm #23

Bob I know what your saying ....same here, if Matt were a little closer
for me it is on another planet, it would take me days and days to get there from here. I doubt I will ever see Matt or his Grandpa up this way, just to far for them to drive but they might meet you half way Bob.
I cannot understand why Lennie or Jeff are not over there trying to get Matt to bring the price down but it would have to have the orange light on the roof, siren, speaker etc just to move some of them bad drivers in Georgia.
Peter

Peter
Peter

May 2nd, 2012, 7:50 pm #24

Matt,

I will attempt to talk you out of this if you are in South Bend this weekend. I had a truck that wouldn't fit in my garage so I moved. Best decision I ever made.

Sincerely,

Bob W.
where we could not go somewhere because of Money but we just waited for the day we could go. As we cannot stand the heat we find places close to home where we can cast a line in the water and relax in our own company. I like the people that are involved in Studebaker but don't ever think they have not had times like your having and they would not sell a nice looking truck just because they cannot drive it to a meet. They can always drive it down to the soda fountain or the hardware store and people along the way will admire it just as much as if you were in South Bend.
I still take my truck down to the beach to watch the submarine races especially at dusk,I also like to look at al lthe very and I mean expensive boats going by and thinking I'm sure glad someone else owns them as I already have one money pit that I'm sitting in.
Peter

Matt B
Matt B

May 2nd, 2012, 8:52 pm #25

Matt,

Sincerely,

Bob W.
Hey Bob. Another reason the truck's for sale.. I can't afford to go to SB. I have a few expensive trips this summer. It's a matter of "do I sit at home and stare at the truck, or do I let it go and go have some fun."

I've had a few phone calls and a lot of seemingly serious buyers. If someone will give me what I want out of it, I'll let it go. If not, it can stay in the driveway.

2R5
2R5

May 2nd, 2012, 9:05 pm #26

I'd think a serious buy would have owned it by now......I'm just a serious looker

Matt B
Matt B

May 2nd, 2012, 9:07 pm #27

Serious potential buyer? (grin)

2R5
2R5

May 2nd, 2012, 10:57 pm #28

....just gotta think about getting to SB this weekend first !

Peter
Peter

May 3rd, 2012, 5:10 am #29

I'd think a serious buy would have owned it by now......I'm just a serious looker
project?
Peter

george o
george o

May 3rd, 2012, 5:28 pm #30

MB
I havent done a search, but seems I recall someone wanted it and did not know it was for sale.

Take Care

george o

Rob
Rob

May 4th, 2012, 1:43 am #31

Great truck, would you be willing to sell it for what you paid for it?

Matt B
Matt B

May 4th, 2012, 3:36 am #32

No. I've spent a lot more on it than just the original purchase price.

Rob
Rob

May 4th, 2012, 12:57 pm #33

If you dont mind me asking, what all has been done to the truck since you have owned it the past few weeks? New or rebuilt parts, upgrades?

MW
MW

May 5th, 2012, 6:12 am #34

I havent done a search, but seems I recall someone wanted it and did not know it was for sale.

Take Care

george o
I would surely love to have it. But, unfortunately I think the price is well beyond a range I could swing for at this time. Plus it is on the opposite coast and that would probably add at least another another $1,000-$1,200 to the cost. So, time worn story; I would love to have it, just can't afford - that and a lot of other things in life.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 6th, 2012, 1:09 am #35

If you dont mind me asking, what all has been done to the truck since you have owned it the past few weeks? New or rebuilt parts, upgrades?
No Reply????

Matt B
Matt B

May 6th, 2012, 4:05 am #36

What I paid for the truck, and what it's worth to me have no correlation. The Fire Dept. sold it in 2001 for $500. I paid over 5 times that for it.. What someone pays for something isn't related to what they want for it.

But for whatever it may be worth, I have spent another $1500 on top of what I paid Larry for the truck.

Sorry if my reply wasn't fast enough.. I don't check the forums constantly.

If anyone cares, the truck is on ebay with a tall reserve. If it meets it, fine. If it doesn't, I'll sell it to the local street rodder who wants it in a bad way. (grin) I'm really getting annoyed with all of the flack I've gotten because I have a truck for sale. I'm not an old retired guy with lots of money. I shouldn't have bought the truck but, I wanted it. Reality says I can't keep it.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/for/2995845773.html

Matt
Matt

May 6th, 2012, 4:05 am #37

2R5
2R5

May 7th, 2012, 12:57 am #38

What I paid for the truck, and what it's worth to me have no correlation. The Fire Dept. sold it in 2001 for $500. I paid over 5 times that for it.. What someone pays for something isn't related to what they want for it.

But for whatever it may be worth, I have spent another $1500 on top of what I paid Larry for the truck.

Sorry if my reply wasn't fast enough.. I don't check the forums constantly.

If anyone cares, the truck is on ebay with a tall reserve. If it meets it, fine. If it doesn't, I'll sell it to the local street rodder who wants it in a bad way. (grin) I'm really getting annoyed with all of the flack I've gotten because I have a truck for sale. I'm not an old retired guy with lots of money. I shouldn't have bought the truck but, I wanted it. Reality says I can't keep it.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/for/2995845773.html
...good luck with it Matt, hope you get every dime you have in it ......there was a couple of trucks just like yours at the SB swap this past weekend , too bad yours wasn't.