Rare 6v truck wiper motor

March 10th, 2018, 1:30 pm #1

Not mine. Can't confirm the ID, but it looks right. If it is, it's a rare piece. Would fit late 2R-3R-E truck only.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-Studebake ... Sk&vxp=mtr

March 13th, 2018, 2:50 am #2

I agree with you Skip, but this is no good without the arms. One other thing a 6Volt wiper motor from a Studebaker car is the same as one from a truck. On some models of the truck the motor will need to be placed differently on the mounting bracket but that is just a matter of removing the screws and moving the bracket around the circle to allow it to miss the heater.

March 14th, 2018, 1:16 pm #3

studepickups wrote: I agree with you Skip, but this is no good without the arms. One other thing a 6Volt wiper motor from a Studebaker car is the same as one from a truck. On some models of the truck the motor will need to be placed differently on the mounting bracket but that is just a matter of removing the screws and moving the bracket around the circle to allow it to miss the heater.
One of the wiper arms on the C cab is the same on both vacuum and electric wipers, and one is different.  I think the guy selling this wiper motor was selling the wiper arms on a separate listing.