Hackenberger auction, anyone go today?

Hackenberger auction, anyone go today?

July 16th, 2017, 12:02 am #1

I watched some via the website, seemed like most things were fetching reasonable prices, although it's very hard to tell without having inspected the vehicles. Most of the trucks are tomorrow, I'll be watching but not bidding!

July 18th, 2017, 2:29 pm #2

Went and looked Fri. Didnt attend the auction but watched it online from the motel room. Lots of neat stuff there but I dont think any deals Sat. All of that stuff seemed to have sat a while. Most had stuck engines, many missing parts or with no hope that they would free up. Couldnt really see the stuff that went Sun except from outside the fence. Might have been a few bargains for local people but adding $1000-1200 to get anything home (I dont think anything at the sale actually started and ran) and we were not players anymore. I had hoped to score a truck with nice sheet metal to upgrade my truck and they were there but we also had 700 miles to ride home and Sat sales were so high we just left early Sun morning and came home. It was a great show, both the auction and the show happening Fri as well as a nice ride up on the bike but I wont do it again, at least with that auction company.

July 19th, 2017, 12:39 am #3

But it's still hard to tell without seeing things first hand. The former Marine Corps truck, sibling to Chuck Naugle's Earl and the others out there (including one I have) sold for $700. The cab steps were rusty at least on the drivers side in the photos, but the seat looked to have the original upholstery. If I was close I would have easily paid that just for the parts. But with the big trucks the transport is really the issue unless you are pretty close. Are you needing sheet metal for the truck you have or do you want a "new" solid truck? I have accumulated a lot of sheet metal (including cabs) and I'm going to start selling some stuff soon. Was hoping to maybe bring some out to Dunkirk this year, but looking like a work conflict will prevent that.

July 20th, 2017, 3:13 pm #4

As you say hard to tell about Sun. That was the stuff I was most interested in but didnt get to look at. While it appears some stuff went cheap Sun other stuff brought high so there were buyers/money there. Shipping killed me personally on anything I wanted like that. Anything I would have been a player on wasnt worth shipping home or was worth about the shipping leaving no money to buy with, the stuff worth shipping was out of my budget and too nice to part anyway. Most of that stuff was more of a project than pics made it seem. Even the restored cars had stuck engines and rodent damage to deal with. Not down about any of it or sorry we went, it was as we expected mostly. My only gripe really was that auction people told us we could preview Sundays stuff on Sat and we planned accordingly. There was noone there Sat and everything was locked up. Probably didnt change the outcome of anything but I rode nearly 700 miles to see that stuff.

August 3rd, 2017, 7:26 pm #5

Went and looked Fri. Didnt attend the auction but watched it online from the motel room. Lots of neat stuff there but I dont think any deals Sat. All of that stuff seemed to have sat a while. Most had stuck engines, many missing parts or with no hope that they would free up. Couldnt really see the stuff that went Sun except from outside the fence. Might have been a few bargains for local people but adding $1000-1200 to get anything home (I dont think anything at the sale actually started and ran) and we were not players anymore. I had hoped to score a truck with nice sheet metal to upgrade my truck and they were there but we also had 700 miles to ride home and Sat sales were so high we just left early Sun morning and came home. It was a great show, both the auction and the show happening Fri as well as a nice ride up on the bike but I wont do it again, at least with that auction company.
I agree
I'll never go to one of their auctions. you had to pay to register. whats up with that.
first a buyers premium then they will start charging for a buyers number.
auctions aren't what they used to be. there is a reason people sell things online with out them.