Gas tank awesomeness!

Gas tank awesomeness!

November 23rd, 2016, 7:06 pm #1

Just got my gas tank back from a place called Gas Tank Renu--had two holes in it---fixed and covered inside and out with a lifetime guarantee!!

November 23rd, 2016, 10:27 pm #2

I have had several tanks done by them and all turned out great. they do good work, the one i used is in Michigan

November 24th, 2016, 12:37 am #3

Hey Vern--yeah, I looked them up--they are based in Detroit. I had a motorcycle tank done there as well and it turned out great. I usually do things myself but this truck tank was a little more than I could handle.

November 24th, 2016, 2:22 am #4

Jeff,
just wondering what the final damages were with the shipping? mine is leaking also. We used to have a place in Montpelier Vt that sent them to Canada. the last time it only cost me $125.00,but that was 16 yrs ago already. and they don't provide the service anymore.

November 24th, 2016, 3:28 am #5

Hi Bill,
I will say another thing this person did---he checked the tank completely to see if there was any "soft" spots. He did find one so he welded a new piece of metal in there. He also welded another hole shut that I had plus another spot that had a hole as well as heavy rust. Once done with that he blasted the inside and out and put the lining on both inside and out. It is guaranteed for life. I think it was reasonable at $325. He said mine was the highest price he would charge and that was because of all the issues he had to take care of. The inside had a lot of rust in it and when you shook it, you could hear it moving around.

If you had a small hole, needed it blasted, and then coated---I would think it would be in the $200 area but that is just my guesses based on what this guy said.

Hope that helps.

Jeff

November 24th, 2016, 11:29 am #6

Guys can somebody tell us who they are that did this great job.

November 24th, 2016, 2:54 pm #7

your friend:

http://www.gastankrenu.com/

Geez, Detroit is just down the road from you...

November 24th, 2016, 4:16 pm #8

Hi Bill,
I will say another thing this person did---he checked the tank completely to see if there was any "soft" spots. He did find one so he welded a new piece of metal in there. He also welded another hole shut that I had plus another spot that had a hole as well as heavy rust. Once done with that he blasted the inside and out and put the lining on both inside and out. It is guaranteed for life. I think it was reasonable at $325. He said mine was the highest price he would charge and that was because of all the issues he had to take care of. The inside had a lot of rust in it and when you shook it, you could hear it moving around.

If you had a small hole, needed it blasted, and then coated---I would think it would be in the $200 area but that is just my guesses based on what this guy said.

Hope that helps.

Jeff
Thanks, jeff,
Doesn't sound to bad. thank's for the info. I'm going to give them a try.

November 26th, 2016, 4:17 am #9

Bill, you will definitely be satisfied---they do an awesome job as you can see!