C-cab inside rear view mirror

March 10th, 2018, 1:36 pm #1

Not mine. A frequently-sought item. Bracket fits 54-64 truck, but the mirror itself also fits early 50s Stude cars.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-Studebake ... 6b&vxp=mtr

March 10th, 2018, 7:48 pm #2

The eBay seller’s location is near my hometown. The local Pick and Pull has a ‘55 truck sitting in the yard (a rarity to see one of these in Pick and Pull), I’ve looked at this truck in person and the other items that the eBay seller has listed matches the stuff missing off of this truck.

The photos are deceiving. The sheet metal is not as good as it looks.

The damage to the fender is fresh. Too bad, it was a decent looking fender. Probably caused by one of the yard people.

March 11th, 2018, 12:05 am #3

Haven't seen a Stude vehicle of any kind in a junk yard in the DC area in at least 25 years. And have never seen one in that condition. If I had, I woulda stripped it as soon as I had the opportunity.

Did that truck have duallies on the back at one time?

March 11th, 2018, 1:07 am #4

The rear axle obviously isn’t original to the truck. It may have carried duals in its previous life.

An interesting story of how I became aware of this truck. A young fellow knocked on my front door late one afternoon. When I answered the door he says “I drive by your house all the time and I noticed the Studebaker truck, you need to go out to Pick and Pull, there’s a ‘55 out there.
I thanked him and went out there the first opportunity I had. This is only the third Studebaker truck I’ve encountered in a wrecking yard in the last 10-15 years.

March 11th, 2018, 6:44 pm #5

Not mine. A frequently-sought item. Bracket fits 54-64 truck, but the mirror itself also fits early 50s Stude cars.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-Studebake ... 6b&vxp=mtr
That's a passenger car mirror and bracket. The truck bracket was a triangle shaped piece of cast aluminum.

MB