Anyone excited about the 2018 National coming to Tacoma?

Anyone excited about the 2018 National coming to Tacoma?

June 4th, 2017, 3:25 pm #1

I can't believe people in the Pacific NW aren't whooping it up a bit. Finally a meet west of the Mississippi and it'll be here before you know it. I've got a personal goal of having a truck (maybe two) at the meet.

June 4th, 2017, 6:54 pm #2

I am definitely excited . But there seems to be a major lack of information out there . I also have a personal goal of having an upgraded 2E-7 at the meet . Can hardly wait ! ..............Bob Cruse................

June 4th, 2017, 6:57 pm #3

I can't believe people in the Pacific NW aren't whooping it up a bit. Finally a meet west of the Mississippi and it'll be here before you know it. I've got a personal goal of having a truck (maybe two) at the meet.
Don't know that I've heard the news! Is a new Turning Wheels about to arrive in my mailbox? We're planning a trip up north in August for the eclipse, but I think we'll take the Bugeye on that one. Guess I better get started on sorting out my '46 M5 for next year. Will the SDC event be at the LeMay Museum?

Regards-HW

2R6

June 4th, 2017, 8:53 pm #4

I am definitely excited . But there seems to be a major lack of information out there . I also have a personal goal of having an upgraded 2E-7 at the meet . Can hardly wait ! ..............Bob Cruse................
I have to agree , there isn't much being said . Usually you can make your hotel reservations once the current International is over . We plan on going next year driving from the Niagara area . I tried to get info on making a hotel booking but with no luck ..... seems odd

June 4th, 2017, 9:21 pm #5

Hotels under contract: La Quinta, Best Western, and Holiday Inn. No locations given on hotels.
I've already got my accommodations arranged. It's a bed and breakfast in Renton.

June 4th, 2017, 9:41 pm #6

So looking forward to the meet... will be the first show for my truck!

June 5th, 2017, 1:37 pm #7

as long as I am in town! Anyone heard the dates or locations?
Keith

June 5th, 2017, 6:58 pm #8

Hotels under contract: La Quinta, Best Western, and Holiday Inn. No locations given on hotels.
I've already got my accommodations arranged. It's a bed and breakfast in Renton.
I've looked through my May 2017 Turning Wheels several times and have seen no mention of next years international meet in Washington. Were pages left out of my copy?

Regards-HW

June 5th, 2017, 8:54 pm #9

Dates are Aug.29th-Sept.1st. No specific location given.

June 5th, 2017, 9:38 pm #10

Maybe too many people showing up to the last couple. Need to keep the attendance down.

I thought they planned these things a couple years in advance? Or does it really just go year to year?

Last one I went to was in Sacramento. Tacoma would be a bit of a drive in the Champ, especially since it still doesn't run as well as it should. It is only tolerable enough for relatively short trips. It would nice to finally get the R2 motor swapped into it. But given how long it has been so far for that project, it is not likely to be done by next year.

June 6th, 2017, 4:18 am #11

You have to be cautious with Bed and Breakfast's . Some of the operators are pretty unscrupulous . If there is a local event they will jack up the price without warning . I know the B & B owner you speak of , and his scruples are very small - I know because I've seen them . So proceed with caution . ...................... B.C.

June 6th, 2017, 7:06 pm #12

Dates are Aug.29th-Sept.1st. No specific location given.
That explains it! I was looking for a display ad... Those dates are a little tough for me because the annual classic sports car rally I organize is the following weekend, but not impossible!

Regards-HW