4x4 truck parts in Auburn CA.

4x4 truck parts in Auburn CA.

george o
george o

March 23rd, 2012, 3:14 pm #1

Did anyone ever go look at this stuff? Was the tranny and transfer case there?

Take Care

george o

Richie
Richie

March 23rd, 2012, 3:46 pm #2

I asked him for a price waiting to hear...back sounds like he wants a lot though he said brake cables are 60.00 on ebay?? so i think he might sell it there

MArk H
MArk H

March 23rd, 2012, 4:34 pm #3

Take Care

george o
I spent a few minutes on the phone with Scott... I am hoping he changes his mind on converting his truck over to GM running gear. Currently it's all original and in incredible condition. At minimum, maybe he will hold on to the original equipment incase someday he would like to put the truck back they way she was when rolled off the assembly line.

Larry Leek
Larry Leek

March 23rd, 2012, 6:36 pm #4

I would never remove a Studebaker engine and replace it with a Chevrolet engine. Although a boat anchor Chevrolet motor is cheaper to work on the satisfaction of having it all Studebaker would out weigh any modifications. You can do whatever you want but a good stutebaker engine is hard to beat. Also a stock Studebaker is worth considerably more. Most any part you need is readily available from the Studebaker vendors. This is quite a rare truck and should be preserved. As the owner of 3 4x4 studebaker trucks myself I love them. Where are you located? Best wishes I assume that is a 4E11 122 with a C4 cab.
Larry Leekok

Mark H
Mark H

March 23rd, 2012, 7:32 pm #5

I wish we were only taking about an engine transplant... Scott is contemplating modernizing the truck with a complete overhaul of both the suspension as well as the engine. Like you said... it's his truck to do as he wishes. The truck has a lot of sentimental value for him, as it's been in the family for a long time. It sounds like he's leaning towards storing all the parts for a future restoration. He's a great guy and I hope he joins the group!

Gary Hearn
Gary Hearn

March 23rd, 2012, 10:52 pm #6

Rather than cut up a rare truck, why not find another body and simply put that on Chevy running gear?

Frank Drumheller
Frank Drumheller

March 24th, 2012, 12:56 am #7

Take Care

george o
George; I did a little research looking through 4X4 records and "E-Series Trucks 1957-1959", published by the Studebaker National Museum Archives today. I believe the truck in question here is-

Model- 4E7D-122-C4 (1/2 ton, 4X4, long wheelbase, Deluxe cab)

Serial number- E7D-11526

Engine number- 7E618, 289 V8 optional engine

Built- 1/13/59

Standard equipment- 650X16-6 ply tires, 4.89:1 rear axle ratio, 4 speed manual transmission, color code 5964- Tahiti Coral and White, trim code 6084

Delivered to- Studebaker dealer, The Dalles, OR.

If I have the wrong truck, will someone so indicate. There was one other model of this truck in the same paint scheme shipped to South Dakota. This could be the truck in this posting, but I doubt it. Thanks, Frank

Zane
Zane

March 24th, 2012, 6:04 am #8

I spent a few minutes on the phone with Scott... I am hoping he changes his mind on converting his truck over to GM running gear. Currently it's all original and in incredible condition. At minimum, maybe he will hold on to the original equipment incase someday he would like to put the truck back they way she was when rolled off the assembly line.

I would love to give him one of my trucks rather than have him cut up that truck! That thing is beautiful just the way it is! Of course anybody can do what they want with their own ride but to see a rare truck like that modified is just too bad. Now if it was missing a ton of parts or was just a rust bucket, I say do with it what you will, but to find one in that kind of original condition is hard to do.

george o
george o

March 24th, 2012, 1:00 pm #9

But its his truck. He can beat it with a hammer if he wants. But tbere are enough studebaker trucks that could sit on brand x frames!
I really hope he reconsiders!

Take care
George o