Moderators: stargatebabe, redbird5, Rube Baker

royvern
Super Sub
royvern
Super Sub

2:39 AM - Dec 14, 2013 #291

I love them. Brown, red, black, Navy, lima, pinto. I made red beans and rice last week. It was just okay. Far from anything special.
USA/NRA

MIDMOBIRD
Super Sub

3:59 AM - Dec 14, 2013 #292

Wife won't go near Navy beans, but brown beans are in her DNA. I was raised on the white beans. Beans, beans, the musical fruit.
The more you eat the more you toot!

The more you toot the better you feel.

So lets have beans for every meal!

Sneaker98
Super Sub

4:57 PM - Dec 14, 2013 #293

I made a really good spaghetti the other night. I made the sauce with ground beef, added beef stock and evaporated milk with the tomato sauce. Similar to Alton Brown's recipe for Ragu ala Bolognese. It was pretty amazing.

royvern
Super Sub
royvern
Super Sub

10:00 PM - Dec 14, 2013 #294

Alton Brown is one of my heroes. Tonight is baked chicken dipped in greek dressing w/Parmesan and garlig then dredged in rosted garlic bread crumbs. Roasted turnips and salad.
USA/NRA

royvern
Super Sub
royvern
Super Sub

3:13 AM - Dec 15, 2013 #295

I have to say the chicken and the turnips were delicious.
USA/NRA

spiritofstlouis
Super Sub

2:41 PM - Dec 15, 2013 #296

Shovelin's done, coffee and Jameson's now, with brunch on the way.

Sourdough french toast with spicy sausage links. Scrambled with onions, peppers and cheddar. Home fried badaders.

Hunkerin' down for the day.

We can share the women, we can share the wine

smokincards
Super Sub

6:17 PM - Dec 15, 2013 #297

spiritofstlouis wrote:Shovelin's done, coffee and Jameson's now, with brunch on the way.

Sourdough french toast with spicy sausage links. Scrambled with onions, peppers and cheddar. Home fried badaders.

Hunkerin' down for the day.
Thanks a lot bud. Now I want a big brunch spread in front of me.
OFFICAL SPONSOR OF THE NEXT GENERATION OF CARDINAL FANS

royvern
Super Sub
royvern
Super Sub

1:57 AM - Dec 21, 2013 #298

Tonight's menu consists of deep fried catfish and hush puppies (store bought-I tried making from scratch twice and they sucked), fresh head lettuce salad with onion, shredded carrots, sliced mushrooms, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.

We very very seldom do anything fried so I have no guilt here. I only have a full stomach. B)

Coming thru Jeff City today I stopped at a great market they have there and found their king crab legs on sale for $8.99 a pound. Guess what's for supper tomorrow?
USA/NRA

MIDMOBIRD
Super Sub

3:57 AM - Dec 21, 2013 #299

royvern wrote:Tonight's menu consists of deep fried catfish and hush puppies (store bought-I tried making from scratch twice and they sucked), fresh head lettuce salad with onion, shredded carrots, sliced mushrooms, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.

We very very seldom do anything fried so I have no guilt here. I only have a full stomach. B)

Coming thru Jeff City today I stopped at a great market they have there and found their king crab legs on sale for $8.99 a pound. Guess what's for supper tomorrow?
I had a barebone salad with Ranch Dressing and shredded up some smoked turkey. Had a game to go to, wife was still shopping for groceries with my daughter prior to the impending storm.

Sneaker98
Super Sub

4:05 PM - Dec 21, 2013 #300

royvern wrote:Coming thru Jeff City today I stopped at a great market they have there and found their king crab legs on sale for $8.99 a pound. Guess what's for supper tomorrow?
One of my favorite foods. I would punch a baby for King Crab Legs!