Moderator: Rube Baker

LD 13 Tailgate

smokincards
Super Sub

June 24th, 2013, 3:34 pm #1

Ok I know the list of attendees for the game but wanted to see how many were planning on eating with us around lunch time that day.

Just because you do not eat, doesnt not mean you cant stop by and joining in the fun. We will act as a home base for everyone and you can explore around the city from there. We will be with-in walking distance of the stadium and my 3 favorite pre/post game hangouts, Flying Saucer, Patti-O's and Mike Shannons Outfield. For those of strong legs, its about a 10 min walk to another great place Broadway Oyster Bar with many other stops along the way.

I plan on pork steaks(STL style), toasted ravs and possibly STL Italian Salad. I may even pick up a bit of the local beverages so everyone can enjoy a drink with their meal if desired. Although I know I will not be pounding pre-game, I will save that for the free beer inside.

I will have to talk to a few of the lots down there to see where we can pull this off. Tailgating is not a normal pre-game activity. The good news is I will have everything made before getting down there so no fires or grills will be used. That should lessen our issues. If I can negative responses from the lot owners, we will revise our plan as needed.

If I can coordinate with 1 or 2 other guys to arrive around the same time as me so we can grab some spots in a row, that would be fantastic.

Alright guys, ball is in your court.
OFFICAL SPONSOR OF THE NEXT GENERATION OF CARDINAL FANS

redbird5
Super Sub
redbird5
Super Sub

June 24th, 2013, 3:40 pm #2

I will be there! Wishing the party was at my place down there, but there's always next year.
Ginger Michelle Nevitt 3/15/01 to 5/11/12 the great westie wrestler and mouser. RIP

royvern
Super Sub
royvern
Super Sub

June 24th, 2013, 5:47 pm #3

Once again, brilliant idea, smokes!! I'll be there. Can't swear as to what time since I have no idea when we will come to, I mean wake up, Saturday after the Nowhere Extravaganza, but will definitely be there and have a guest. Any idea as to when you plan on getting there?

Since you're wanting to break in R on St. Louis pork steaks, I will not make them Friday. No worries. ;)
USA/NRA

NC Cards Fan
Super Sub

June 24th, 2013, 8:20 pm #4

I would plan on lunch at Smokies roadside Resturant for sure! We can figure out the arrival time by messaging/calling you when the compound exodus is known - should be a 2 hour WARNING for you.

Thanks a bunch!!!!
Our not so secret weapon---

The 2016 NL MVP!!!

smokincards
Super Sub

June 24th, 2013, 9:41 pm #5

NC Cards Fan wrote:I would plan on lunch at Smokies roadside Resturant for sure! We can figure out the arrival time by messaging/calling you when the compound exodus is known - should be a 2 hour WARNING for you.

Thanks a bunch!!!!
Hey ill open when I open and ill close when I close.

I'll have a special steak reserved just for you shiner

redbird5
Super Sub
redbird5
Super Sub

June 24th, 2013, 10:10 pm #6

What if we met at Forest Park instead of the parking lot. I know it's going to be melt in your shoes hot grow your gills humid (It will be late July in St. Louis! ) In Forest Park are there not grills? It's only 10 minutes from BIII and maybe my second favorite place in the city. Plus there's shade!
Ginger Michelle Nevitt 3/15/01 to 5/11/12 the great westie wrestler and mouser. RIP

smokincards
Super Sub

June 24th, 2013, 10:38 pm #7

redbird5 wrote:What if we met at Forest Park instead of the parking lot. I know it's going to be melt in your shoes hot grow your gills humid (It will be late July in St. Louis! ) In Forest Park are there not grills? It's only 10 minutes from BIII and maybe my second favorite place in the city. Plus there's shade!
I had considered it and its a backup but being with in walking distance is huge and ill have a canopy that just pops up and collapses to provide some shade. It's only July in St Louis

Rube Baker
Super Sub

June 25th, 2013, 12:02 am #8

As I said before I'm all for tailgating! I'm in

Prot
Super Sub
Prot
Super Sub

June 25th, 2013, 1:52 am #9

Liz (the little lady) and I will be there and I could meet you at the lot to secure one parking spot.
Eye witness to Bob Forsch's no hitter
Sunday, April 16th, 1978.

Sigonella
Super Sub

June 26th, 2013, 12:00 am #10

You;ll just have to tell me the time to be there and where. It's a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive for me from New Madrid. Also, let me know how much I owe you...