Moderator: Rube Baker

HoF #6 royvern vs. The Ghost

Iowacards50
Super Sub

July 11th, 2011, 3:02 am #1

wrote:NC here,
Sometimes the most innocent topics get started and then all the sudden you have something epic. All Iowacards5 did was ask folks what the Cards final record would be at the all-star break and the next thing you know it's a high stakes bet between royvern & The Ghost with a contracted bet with all the trimmings! I merged all the various threads that were involved and threw this into the HoF. This thing isn't over and won't be until the end of the regular season so this ride isn't over just yet!!! Enjoy.
Now that we are to the break, what will be their final win-loss total at the end of the season?

I will say 90-72, finishing 2 games ahead of the Brew crew for a central division crown :cards:
Official Sponsor of Trading For a Shortstop

royvern
Super Sub
royvern
Super Sub

July 11th, 2011, 3:25 am #2

93-69 Central Champs. Were finally healthy.
USA/NRA

waterdown
Super Sub

July 11th, 2011, 3:40 am #3

88-74 That's 39-31 rest of the way sounds about right to me. With the Pirates respectable this year nobody hits 90 and the Cards 88 is enough to win by 2.

redbird5
Super Sub
redbird5
Super Sub

July 11th, 2011, 3:45 am #4

I'll say 95-74
Ginger Michelle Nevitt 3/15/01 to 5/11/12 the great westie wrestler and mouser. RIP

The Ghost
Super Sub

July 11th, 2011, 4:02 am #5

waterdown wrote:88-74 That's 39-31 rest of the way sounds about right to me. With the Pirates respectable this year nobody hits 90 and the Cards 88 is enough to win by 2.
that is right about what i was thinking. the pirates are kinda beating everyone up a little. with 4 teams in the hunt, no one is goign to smash this division open

St Louis Legends Sponsor of Bow Ties, Stupid Comments, and This Dumb Face ^^^

royvern
Super Sub
royvern
Super Sub

July 11th, 2011, 4:28 am #6

The Ghost wrote:
waterdown wrote:88-74 That's 39-31 rest of the way sounds about right to me. With the Pirates respectable this year nobody hits 90 and the Cards 88 is enough to win by 2.
that is right about what i was thinking. the pirates are kinda beating everyone up a little. with 4 teams in the hunt, no one is goign to smash this division open
Ghostage, how about a little wager (since you think my aim is poor)? Who ever is closer to the Cards final record, the other must preface his all of his posts with "I am not worthy of _____'s attention!" in bold type with the winners name filling in the blank for 30 days after the season is over. We'd have NC be the final judge but he can't count, so I say Prots is the official Ump. Ya feel lucky punk? Well do ya? :ph43r:

Let's get it on, Casper!
USA/NRA

Deleted User
Deleted User

July 11th, 2011, 4:38 am #7

redbird5 wrote:I'll say 95-74
Is this including playoffs ?

waterdown
Super Sub

July 11th, 2011, 5:50 am #8

royvern wrote:
The Ghost wrote:
Ghostage, how about a little wager (since you think my aim is poor)? Who ever is closer to the Cards final record, the other must preface his all of his posts with "I am not worthy of _____'s attention!" in bold type with the winners name filling in the blank for 30 days after the season is over. We'd have NC be the final judge but he can't count, so I say Prots is the official Ump. Ya feel lucky punk? Well do ya? :ph43r:

Let's get it on, Casper!
I'd take that in a heartbeat Ghost. Roy needs to go 44-26. Talk about NC can't do math. Roy should get out his calculator. :huh: :rolleyes:

hicard
Super Sub
hicard
Super Sub

July 11th, 2011, 5:57 am #9

No guess here.

If any one of the NL Central teams wins over
90 gangs it'll surprise me.

in the regular season

ua mau ke ea o ka aina I ka pono

Deleted User
Deleted User

July 11th, 2011, 6:02 am #10

Too many games left to take a guess. I t ALL depends on staying healthy. No more injuries maybe 92-70 :huh: , i do believe they will be in the thick of it, and would be kinda cool to see the Bucs hang in for a while..................................but not too long :D