Moderator: Rube Baker

HoF #5 This is a Cubs forum!

redbird5
Super Sub
redbird5
Super Sub

March 25th, 2011, 7:05 pm #1

This is all the topics started for the April fools joke on the forum 2011. Redbird5 came up with this one (he NEEDS to get a job folks ;) ) and asked me (NC) to play along so I created a :ph43r: new account as Cubfan1 :ph43r: and wreaked havoc on the board. A couple of you caught on but most everyone bought it hook, line and sinker :lol: :lol: :lol: ! I've combined all the topics and put them in this thread so read along and enjoy! The quoted post below is the first announcement from Redbird saying that some 'routine maintenance' will be conducted late in the evening of 3/31. I've combined all the topics and put them in this thread so read along and enjoy:
wrote:The forum will be closed after 10 EST on March 31st for some routine maintenance, and will reopen on April 1st. :cards:
Ginger Michelle Nevitt 3/15/01 to 5/11/12 the great westie wrestler and mouser. RIP

CSquare01
Super Sub

March 25th, 2011, 7:35 pm #2

OK at least it is after the game. I was going to say how can this get closed on opening day.
Cardinals born, Cardinals bred, when I die I will be Cardinals dead.

houseofcards1987
Super Sub

March 25th, 2011, 8:43 pm #3

Is this to lure us into a false sense of security for an April Fool's Joke. Though the biggest is that the Cubs Home Opener is on April Fool's Day, which cheering for the Cubs to win the World Series is the biggest fools errand of them all.

CSquare01
Super Sub

March 25th, 2011, 8:45 pm #4

houseofcards1987 wrote:Is this to lure us into a false sense of security for an April Fool's Joke. Though the biggest is that the Cubs Home Opener is on April Fool's Day, which cheering for the Cubs to win the World Series is the biggest fools errand of them all.
What good anyone ask for as an April fools joke than that? Now that is truly priceless............

NC Cards Fan
Super Sub

March 25th, 2011, 8:58 pm #5

CSquare01 wrote:
houseofcards1987 wrote:Is this to lure us into a false sense of security for an April Fool's Joke. Though the biggest is that the Cubs Home Opener is on April Fool's Day, which cheering for the Cubs to win the World Series is the biggest fools errand of them all.
What good anyone ask for as an April fools joke than that? Now that is truly priceless............
It's the cubs for crying out loud, they are an April - October fools joke every year.
Our not so secret weapon---

The 2016 NL MVP!!!

redbird5
Super Sub
redbird5
Super Sub

March 25th, 2011, 9:01 pm #6

No, this is true maintenance. Why would I do that? I intend to advertise heavily over the next week, and having a April Fools joke wouldn't be the best idea while trying to get people to come to the site.
Ginger Michelle Nevitt 3/15/01 to 5/11/12 the great westie wrestler and mouser. RIP

houseofcards1987
Super Sub

March 25th, 2011, 9:50 pm #7

redbird5 wrote:No, this is true maintenance. Why would I do that? I intend to advertise heavily over the next week, and having a April Fools joke wouldn't be the best idea while trying to get people to come to the site.
Unless they love comedy, but then again, if they liked comedy, they would probably go to the site that shall remain nameless.

redbird5
Super Sub
redbird5
Super Sub

March 26th, 2011, 2:25 am #8

Actually folk it's out of my hands, Zeta board needs to work on the site and I asked if they could do before or after the 31st and they said no.

CSquare01
Super Sub

March 26th, 2011, 2:33 am #9

redbird5 wrote:Actually folk it's out of my hands, Zeta board needs to work on the site and I asked if they could do before or after the 31st and they said no.
It's all good. At least it is after the game. It is understandable. I appreciate the work that is done to keep this going.

The Ghost
Super Sub

March 26th, 2011, 5:35 am #10

houseofcards1987 wrote:
redbird5 wrote:No, this is true maintenance. Why would I do that? I intend to advertise heavily over the next week, and having a April Fools joke wouldn't be the best idea while trying to get people to come to the site.
Unless they love comedy, but then again, if they liked comedy, they would probably go to the site that shall remain nameless.
wrong. we are plenty funny.

St Louis Legends Sponsor of Bow Ties, Stupid Comments, and This Dumb Face ^^^