2014 NFL Draft

BMike88
Super Sub
BMike88
Super Sub

April 11th, 2014, 3:17 pm #1

I think this is one of the more interesting drafts in a while--there are top of the line talent and some interesting QBs as well. The Rams are sitting pretty right now with their #2 and #13 picks. I'd like to see Watkins at #2 but I would think its more likely that they take Robinson from Auburn.

#13 - hopefully they take Clinton-Dix from Bama. They desperately need help in the secondary and he would help quite a bit

Prot
Super Sub
Prot
Super Sub

April 14th, 2014, 3:54 pm #2

I would be happy with any of the players you named.

For #2 I am hoping for any one of the following (in no particular order):
Trade down(no lower that 6 or 7th)
Clowney (I don't see how you can pass on him if he is there - maybe trade after pick)
Robinson
Matthews
Watkins

For #13 I like HaHa or possibly Dennard
Eye witness to Bob Forsch's no hitter
Sunday, April 16th, 1978.

smokincards
Super Sub

April 14th, 2014, 8:43 pm #3

I think Dix or Dennard are must if they are there at 13. Plenty of O line help deep into this draft and even some decent receivers. Watkins has been compared to Julio Jones but I haven't seen it yet. Doubt this coaching staff can develop a top flight receiver so I think it would be a wasted pick.
OFFICAL SPONSOR OF THE NEXT GENERATION OF CARDINAL FANS

Prot
Super Sub
Prot
Super Sub

April 15th, 2014, 1:10 pm #4

I agree that our coaching staff appears inept at developing receiver talent.

BMike88
Super Sub
BMike88
Super Sub

April 21st, 2014, 1:32 pm #5

smokincards wrote:I think Dix or Dennard are must if they are there at 13. Plenty of O line help deep into this draft and even some decent receivers. Watkins has been compared to Julio Jones but I haven't seen it yet. Doubt this coaching staff can develop a top flight receiver so I think it would be a wasted pick.
I agree but the Rams haven't had a big name receiver in the draft since Holt. I thought Avery was a terrible pick at the time and that turned out to be true.

The O-line and secondary are the Rams biggest weakness currently. I fully expect that to be shored up with the first two picks, although Watkins is still on my wish list.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Clowney in the horns next season either..

smokincards
Super Sub

April 26th, 2014, 3:00 pm #6

Rumblings are we have to take Watkins. Everyone in the media seems to be of hat mindset yet the Rams are silent on the issue.

Very curious about this draft. We have to have plug and play players in the first 2 rounds.

BMike88
Super Sub
BMike88
Super Sub

April 29th, 2014, 4:36 pm #7

smokincards wrote:Rumblings are we have to take Watkins. Everyone in the media seems to be of hat mindset yet the Rams are silent on the issue.

Very curious about this draft. We have to have plug and play players in the first 2 rounds.
I keep reading/hearing that Manziel to the Rams is a possibility.

I literally would take anyone else in the top 15 but him and call it a success. I wouldn't want any part of him.

Prot
Super Sub
Prot
Super Sub

May 8th, 2014, 11:51 pm #8

Well the hour is upon us. Time to find out which way they go.

smokincards
Super Sub

May 9th, 2014, 12:06 am #9

Houston is on the clock. Big night for the Rams lets see what happens.

Prot
Super Sub
Prot
Super Sub

May 9th, 2014, 12:11 am #10

My guess is Robinson, assuming Clowney is gone. Matthews probably makes the team better the quickest though, so I would be happy with that. I don't think the team will go another direction. Gonna find out soon.