The Pain Never Dulls

The Pain Never Dulls

Apr 1 2015, 04:29 AM #1

Leaving that day from the hospital had been hard but she had a job to do as a mentor.

District three had brought home its latest victor, the second in only three years that had started with Kevin. She had yet to see the younger mentor in a few days so she had allowed the prep team to take her away and make sure that she looked beautiful for the cameras which would be on the newest victor of the games. As she was finished up she gave her stylist a smile, “thank you I know this wasn’t easy but I had to stay as long as I could” she told them and as they finished she stood up and was given the okay to leave and go do what everyone must do at this time. Counsel a tribute who was broken and needed someone there.

Taking the elevator to the top she rested her hands at her side and smiled for the camera, she knew that her job had just started with Apple. The girl was broken as she had been made to watch how the games ended, she would need several things but the healing would start now. As she watched the hovercraft came down she kept her eyes on everything ahead. The girls parents wouldn’t be there, no they had lost that right when the twins had been put in the arena. No great home coming awaited her from the family who shared her blood, they were all gone now. No a new family would have to take the newest victor in, the victors of three had a new mentor.

As the gate came down and she watched she knew one thing, that they would take care of her.

Apr 9 2015, 11:05 PM #2

Regardless of guards and nurses and we'll everyone Gigabyte Hewlett was on that damned landing pa. She didn't care what anyone said a said and her stylist new full well that she was going. He met her half way there as she trembled while he put her in a pretty blue causal dress making her look as prim and proper as she could be despite circumstances. Gigabyte kissed him and headed towards the pad. They had a new victor to attend to. One she had promised things too and still felt like she failed her. She wouldnt do that again. She would help her. She would do everything in her power.

You never healed from these wounds some just soldiered on better than others. She came to stand next to Sony not caring what her fellow mentor would say. She actually looked well put together at the moment and it would stay that way Apple was too priority her own insanity could wait.

Apr 21 2015, 11:39 PM #3

When she delivered the final blow to Spartacus, she fell down with him. She gripped his body and sobbed hard into his chest. He was dead now and she knew what that meant. She would go back to district three and become a pawn in the capitols games. Even as the hovercraft came to pick her up, she gripped the body of the boy that had taught her to protect herself. The hovercraft tried to pick up only Apple but she wouldn't let go of Sparcaus. "NO! I am taking him with me." She gripped tighter and instead of fighting it, the hovercraft picked up both Apple and the body of the dead boy.

Once on the hovercraft, they had to inject her with a sedative in order to pull her away from Spartacus. After they had her freed from the body they started treating her wounds. The ones that were deeper would have to wait until she got back but at least they could get her into somewhat of a working body. The emotional wounds, however, would never really heal.

The craft landed and she was woken up. Her body was cold and she felt empty. As she made her way off the hovercraft she was greeted by her two mentors. Sony and Gigabyte. She couldn't smile, she couldn't do anything but walk towards them. Once she reached them, she stopped in front of them and hung her head. She started crying and the pain started all over again. Macintosh was gone and she was the cause. She sunk into the arms of the two mentors standing before her. She knew her life would never be the same again.

Apr 21 2015, 11:55 PM #4

she was a mother bear and had always been that way even as a child herself when she had taken Gigabyte off the hovercraft, she had been there when Kevin had done it and now just a few years later a third time when she was welcoming back Apple. She remembered the ride that she had done herself, leaving the arena she had been a mess the child who had poisoned and out smarted those around her to come home she had spent the time in the hover craft shaking and breaking inside until it had landed and she was taken to her team where they did what they could to fix the smallest and youngest victor who had come out of the arena.

Now as she watched the hover craft land she prepared herself the best that she could she watched as the doors opened and waited. A few moments later Apple Transit, the most recent victor who had come out of the arena and another young child who was broken by the games she watched as Apple came up and then stopped and then went forward and wrapped her arms around her and held her close and stroked her hair slowly.

“its over, were here and I promise you that no matter what my door will always be open” she whispered the same promise that she had to the last two she had greeted, she would be a mother bear, a mentor, a friend and anything else she could to help the young woman who was in her arms.