Evilwaffles
CDF First Lieutenant
CDF First Lieutenant

6:37 PM - Jan 16, 2011 #11

I have openly stated before that the 360 controller is a rip off the PS1/2/3 controller and I also noted that the Wii's classic controller is a right rip off the PS controller (regardless of if you are using the pro version or not). I'm not going all fan boy and going 'omq evry1 is stealingz from Nintendo' but the point of the post here is that Playstation out right stole the controller design scheme from Nintendo, it is universially accepted, Sony even mentioned it in their 2010 E3 speech.

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
CDF Second Lieutenant
CDF Second Lieutenant

7:20 PM - Jan 16, 2011 #12

I don't understand what you mean by "Stole i'm sorry but Microsoft had control of halo so no stealing from the 360"

Also it may be more of a family console but hasn't all consoles try doing that? both ps3 and 360 are on there way....

Fox-n-Krystal
CDF Sergeant
CDF Sergeant

8:37 PM - Jan 16, 2011 #13

Evilwaffles wrote:I'm not going all fan boy and going 'omq evry1 is stealingz from Nintendo' but the point of the post here is that Playstation out right stole the controller design scheme from Nintendo, it is universially accepted, Sony even mentioned it in their 2010 E3 speech.
Dictionary.com wrote: Steal - to appropriate (ideas, credit, words, etc.) without right or acknowledgment.
By your own words, Sony admitted to using the Wii's controller design, so by definition, they didn't steal it. This may seem like a trivial technicality, but I only bring it up to drive home my following point: Any industry is built around doing what works.

During the Industrial Revolution when the textile industry moved to factories, hand-made cloth went under. Factories made consistently better cloth for cheaper and in less time. When other factories started springing up, it wasn't stealing; it was accepting innovation and allowing their industry to evolve.

The same goes for the gaming industry. Sony did not steal the controller design. Rather, they embraced an innovation which had been proven effective, gave credit where it was due, and did their part in advancing the gaming industry as a whole. Whether this whole motion control fad will pan out into something substantial, I don't know, but saying that they stole the controller design is incorrect, both technically and in a more general sense.

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
CDF Second Lieutenant
CDF Second Lieutenant

12:06 AM - Jan 17, 2011 #14

Okay, but we can all agree that the wii has plenty of good game,s etc etc.

crazyfooinc
CDF Ensign
CDF Ensign

12:51 AM - Jan 17, 2011 #15

MrFordDoesNotLikeU wrote:Okay, but we can all agree that the wii has plenty of good game,s etc etc.

Yes, while it does have a majority of absolute shovelware, there are many redeeming games out there for Wii :nod:

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
CDF Second Lieutenant
CDF Second Lieutenant

1:02 AM - Jan 17, 2011 #16

Those are different gener's -_-.

crazyfooinc
CDF Ensign
CDF Ensign

1:06 AM - Jan 17, 2011 #17

MrFordDoesNotLikeU wrote:Those are different gener's -_-.
Wait....What? XD

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
CDF Second Lieutenant
CDF Second Lieutenant

3:27 AM - Jan 17, 2011 #18

You claim there shovel ware, well it's called gener'es like those old arcade style games.

Fox-n-Krystal
CDF Sergeant
CDF Sergeant

3:50 AM - Jan 17, 2011 #19

MrFordDoesNotLikeU wrote:Okay, but we can all agree that the wii has plenty of good game,s etc etc.
I've said from the start I love the Wii. Fire Emblem? Metroid Prime Trilogy? Resident Evil games? Zelda Games? Monster Hunter Tri? All amazing. The problem is, quite simply, what crazyfooinc said. Most of the games suck, so they make it difficult for the Wii to gain a good reputation.

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
CDF Second Lieutenant
CDF Second Lieutenant

4:20 AM - Jan 17, 2011 #20

They can be enjoyable.