What is the worst game you've ever played?

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

5:43 PM - Nov 11, 2012 #1

As the name of this topic suggests, post the worst game or games you have ever played, with a description of why you hate it so much. I'll start.

Super Ghouls and Goblins: Mega hard, just like its NES predecessor, and no save feature, plus, like the NES version, you beat the game, and have to start all over again! RRRgh! Your initial weapon sucks, the bad guys relentlessly swarm on you like killer bees, they take forever to destroy....It's so hard to find a good weapon, and to use any special attacks is so freaking complicated.

Shamen3mill
CDF Master Chief
CDF Master Chief

7:42 PM - Nov 11, 2012 #2

Since i have the memory of a horsefly, it'l be out of the games i have directly in sight owo rather than every game i've ever played.

Power Rangers Wild Force...
my god i'd forgotten i still had that game...monotonous, run beat small people up, trigger mecha battle, win that, rinse and repeat. Do not change playstyle, do not do anything save increase how many people you fight on the way to the mecha battle. Why try at all to program something entertaining or captivating? the damn name sells itself to gullible kids who would play it just to see the damn suits.

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

5:16 PM - Nov 12, 2012 #3

Another crappy game:

Silent Service

World War 2 themed Submarine game for the NES, but it's strategy based....friggin' boring! It existed on other old gaming platforms, too. I don't now what those were like, but I can guarantee the one for NES is a disaster. Limited action, and heaven help you if you run out of fuel or munitions, because there is no refuel or re-arm. Also, the enemies are not as easy to find, and you get lost at sea half of the time.

Taran'atar
CDF Second Lieutenant
CDF Second Lieutenant

4:17 AM - Nov 26, 2012 #4

Battlestar Galactica (2007).

A Space-Flight Simulator based off of one of my favorite TV Shows? (nuBSG) "Awesome!" I thought. Turns out, I couldn't be more wrong. The problems begin with the flying. I know they tried to emulate real space-flight physics in the game (such as only needing to turn on your axis to turn, rather than making long maneuvers, and you'd stay moving in the same direction you were flying in), but they somehow screwed that up. How? They made you need energy. Yes. You needed energy to f*cking turn, or do barrel rolls, or even accelerate. Not to mention the fact that many of the Cylon fighters NEVER. APPEARED. IN. THE. SHOW.

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

6:29 PM - Nov 26, 2012 #5

The Hunt for Red October for Super NES. Screwy and complicated interface menu, hard to figure out, and another pea-brained strategy game. Limited action. Almost as crappy as Silent Service.

Super Conflict, it's a glorified chess game, boring as hell. The little "Battle" cinematics are pretty lame, yet they're the only action. On the plus side, you can switch to machine gun mode, fire, and during mid firing you switch to stronger weapon mode (missile, torpedo, cannon, etc.) and use the power of that primary weapon to hurt your enemy, while saving ammo in the primary gun. .

Megas75
CDF Gunnery Sergeant
CDF Gunnery Sergeant

3:37 PM - Jan 25, 2013 #6

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Battle 22
Clunky controls, slow ass fighting, everything is like, the exact opposite of DBZ

This will be the last time I'll let my fanboyism make my decisions

Kursed
CDF Major General
CDF Major General

12:35 AM - Jan 26, 2013 #7

oooze a game where your a professor who is dumped into toxic sludge and actually becomes a living puddle of toxic sludge. game is too hard.. and a horrible idea.. no visable health.

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

7:21 AM - Jan 26, 2013 #8

Double Dragon 5: Worse than Double Dragon 3, it's a head to head fighting game from hell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Dragon_5#Overkills

Radigal
CDF Major General
CDF Major General

11:13 PM - Jan 26, 2013 #9

Katamari Dymacy (spelling)

why? because you run around as the smallest creature in existance, rolling around a "ball" to pick things up. and everyone in the game goes their merry little way........unless you pick them up.

The Guy Game.......nugh said.

and finally, Yu-Gi-Oh, Dark Duel Stories for the Gameboy color. I am a major fan of the Yu-Gi-Oh series and card game....but this game makes my head spin. you can only set one trap card per turn (meaning if you put down a trap card......that is it....no others unless you use that one first) some spell card severally OP'ed monsters that didnt even go with the cards, For Example, Sogen is a Field Spell card that powers Warriors and Beast-Warriors by 200 attack points (like all the original Field Cards did for different monsters) I would summon a "Summoned Skull" to the field (Base stats ATK:2500/DEF:1200) and this monster is a Fiend type. Sogen somehow gave Summoned Skull an additional 700 to 1000 extra attack points. Also not to mention there is absolutelly NO story line. basically in each "level" you are given 5 duelists, you cannot progress until you beat all 5 of them 5 times. there are only 4 levels, with the last two levels having only one character a piece. Yeah it is somewhat tough, but nothing like the real game at all (also to mention the game only has cards from the first three packs, even when more were out before the game came out.

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

7:16 PM - Jan 28, 2013 #10

Here's another one:

Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Hatc ... _Giant_Egg