What happen to games?

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
CDF Second Lieutenant
CDF Second Lieutenant

December 24th, 2010, 3:12 am #1

Ever notice game's aren't games anymore, the split screen is gone, it's all about online, all you really see are FPS and that's like it.
Now company's are taking thing's to a new level like, making the psp 2 into a phone, the xbox 360 can now watch tv, both wii and ps3 can surf the net.

Game console were ment to play games, not to call your best friend.

So does anyone else have a problem with today's game's or is it just me?

Deleted User
Deleted User

December 24th, 2010, 3:17 am #2

The Wii and PS3 can surf the net. :P

But I agree with you. I hate renting a game that advertises as multiplayer, coming home excitedly to be able to play it with my buddies, only to find out that it's ONLINE multiplayer :(

That irks me so much.

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
CDF Second Lieutenant
CDF Second Lieutenant

December 24th, 2010, 3:23 am #3

Erm, I said both wii and ps3 could surf the net.

But I miss the good old spilt screen and co-op with your friend's. Now it's Online co-op etc,

Deleted User
Deleted User

December 24th, 2010, 3:33 am #4

MrFordDoesNotLikeU wrote:Ever notice game's aren't games anymore, the split screen is gone, it's all about online, all you really see are FPS and that's like it.
Now company's are taking thing's to a new level like, making the psp 2 into a phone, the xbox 360 can now watch tv, both wii and ps3 can't surf the net.

Game console were ment to play games, not to call your best friend.

So does anyone else have a problem with today's game's or is it just me?
Better check again :P

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
CDF Second Lieutenant
CDF Second Lieutenant

December 24th, 2010, 3:37 am #5

Fixed.

also am I the only one sick of first person shooter's?

Deleted User
Deleted User

December 24th, 2010, 3:40 am #6

I tolerate them to a degree. However, there are certain games that I love and will never get sick of.

For example there's Dynasty Warriors (I know it's not an FPS)
and Sven Co-op, an HL1 Mod.

TomLucas
CDF Master Sergeant
CDF Master Sergeant

December 24th, 2010, 3:48 am #7

I like FPS games. But I only like single player FPS unless it's co-op with a friend. I especially hate the FPS games that are online only (I'm looking at you Team Fortress 2...)

The only time I play online is if it's with people I know.

And I agree that games and consoles just aren't what they used to be. Nowadays it's all about playing online against other people, achievements/trophies, hacking leaderboard scores, screaming down a mic at people who can't even speak English (this happens a lot in games like Left4Dead) and it's full of people who only care about graphics.

Hell, the creator of Crysis said that the 360 and PS3 were holding back games because they aren't powerful enough to handle Crysis 2 at it's full capabilites.

I mean... dude... it's a game. If you're going to put in all these fancy schmancy graphics, then only a select few are gonna get to play it. And not only that, if you want an ultra realistic FPS game, grab a gun and go outside.

What ever happened to the good old days of Mario Kart, Sonic the Hedgehog, Ghouls 'n Goblins and hell, even Duke Nukem or Doom. XD

Deleted User
Deleted User

December 24th, 2010, 3:56 am #8

I mean, playing online is a good supplement, but making it a PRIORITY is what angers me. Split Screen FTW.

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
CDF Second Lieutenant
CDF Second Lieutenant

December 24th, 2010, 3:59 am #9

I do not mind FPS, but it gets annoying seeing them come out like every month, there's other gener's to.
Also realistc stuff as well, Games were ment to escape reality and be entertaining not to be life.

Deleted User
Deleted User

December 24th, 2010, 4:00 am #10

Yeah, I mean I still have fun with Sven Co-op. And that's using the first Half Life's engine!