The Hero Project RP

Falcory
CDF First Lieutenant
CDF First Lieutenant

December 30th, 2011, 9:15 pm #1

This RP takes place mainly in the fictional city called: Hub City, a place where Superheroes and Supervillains run rampart. A government organization named Sypher Green has been placed in the heart of the city, keeping tabs on both parties. But does this organization have the citizens of Hub City at heart? Or does something even more sinister lie beneath the surface that only Heroes or Villains can uncover? It's up to you to find out.

This RP won't be starting right away but I'll still update some things here as time goes on. Please do not post a profile here, as a separate topic has been made for that. However those who wish to join can make it known so by this very thread.

The character sheet:

Code: Select all

[font=Courier New]Report written by:[/font]

[font=Courier New]Status: [/font]

[font=Courier New]Threat Level: [/font]

[font=Courier New]Handle: [/font]

[font=Courier New]Real Name:[/font]

[font=Courier New]Age: [/font]

[font=Courier New]Eyes: [/font]

[font=Courier New]Height:[/font]

[font=Courier New]Ethnicity:[/font]

[font=Courier New]Current Base of operations:[/font]

[font=Courier New]Known powers and abilities:[/font] 

[font=Courier New]Weakness:[/font]

[font=Courier New]Psych File: [/font]

[font=Courier New]Bio: [/font]

[font=Courier New]Audio Tapes:[/font]

[b]Allies:[/b]

[b]Enemies[/b]
I’d like the sheets to be written as it were by a Sypher Green agent. So people can PM their characters sheets and I’ll do it for them.

Now to explain a few things about the sheet in itself….

The Profile Photo spot: If you don’t have one, just type “Profile Photo not available” at the beginning of your sheet.

Report written by: This is pretty simple. Just put your screen name and an “Agent” before it.

Threat Level: I’ll handle this one when you PM your sheet. Basically how it works is by your character’s backstory or powers. If you character has brushed with Sypher Green before and ruined their plans occasionally in the past, their threat level will normally be “Moderately High”. If they’re just a basic Superhero or Supervillain their threat level will generally be “Moderate”. If the character has fought Sypher Green in the past and has majorly stopped some of their plans, or has powers that are tough to contend with they’ll probably get a “High”. “Low” will usually be given to those who don’t have any powers, have no crime fighting or crime experience, or has weak or un-mastered powers. They’ll also get it if they are extremely dumb……but I doubt most people will make a character like that. :P
“Omega Status” should not be given out to any players and in the rare occurrence they are, it’s a confirmation you have Marty/Mary Sue. Only a choice few characters I may bring in like this, after talking it over with others and using him as an arc for the plot.
Sypher Green characters will have a “None” level.

Status: Again, this is another one I’ll handle based on your character’s backstory. If they are currently being chased by Sypher Green, are openly rebelling them, is a supervillain, or is just wanted in general for his or her power, they’ll have an “At Large” status. If your character isn’t wanted by Sypher Green or doesn’t even know about Sypher Green, they’ll have an “Active” status. Other statuses include: “Inactive” “Detained” and “Deceased”. The former two would only be used if a character is a retired hero or villain (Inactive) or the character is in jail or a special detention facility. (Detained)

Handle: Another simple one. What is your Hero’s/Villain’s name while in costume? If your character doesn’t have a secret identity or is a Sypher Green agent without a code name, skip to the next one…..

Real Name and Current Base of operations: This is a bit tricky. Sypher Green knows the secret identities of most superheroes and villains. However if you’re character is an up and coming hero/villain, Sypher Green more than likely would not know their secret identity.
Likely if Sypher Green knows your character’s secret identity, they’ll likely know your base of operations (Like an apartment) but in some cases they may not know, especially in the case of supervillains. I trust the player to use his own discretion when he fills out this part of the sheet.

Known powers and abilities and Weapons: I wish to see some discretion here as well. I’m perfectly fine with the use of dual powers IF they’re reasonable or if someone runs them by me first. Passive powers wouldn’t really need my input however.
In example, if a character has dog powers and the enhanced reflexes and strength a dog has, it’s normal to assume that he’ll have the ability to track people by scent as well. Or it’s not a stretch to have a fire or electric user fly.

In this RP your character doesn’t need powers to be a hero or villain. You can have special skills or powerful weapons to wield. But if your character already has superpowers I ask that discretion be used. I don’t want to see a character with super strength and super speed that also carries a green lantern type power ring and a shapeshifting watch similar to the Omnitrix in Ben 10. But if you feel you want a character to be certain way and you’re holding back on it because you fear making an overpowered character, don’t worry. Just run it by me first and I might approve it. Even if I don’t I’ll see if I can help you to get your character close around to what you want. I don’t want to stifle any creativity. lol

Weakness: Every character in the RP is required to have weakness. Even character that have an “Omega Status” level will generally have a weakness. Depending on certain powers your character has, they’ll have a weakness automatically. If you have a problem coming up with a weakness for your character, feel free to PM me and I can give you a helping hand.

Psych File and Bio: As with the whole sheet I would prefer both of these are filled out as if a Sypher Green agent wrote them. Of course those who feel they can’t do this, can PM their character’s personality traits and background history and I’ll do it for them. If you wish to do it yourself before sending me the sheet, it’ll save me a lot of time. Feel free to look at Blue Blurr’s file if you want a reference.

Audio Tapes: This is for your character’s themes. If they don’t have any, don’t worry about it. Just erase it from your character sheet.

Allies and Enemies If your character is usually allied or enemies with another player’s character you write (See [Character’s name]) in the appropriate section under a bold name of said character. Then you can write what relationship they have to your character ie; if they’re married, related, a close friend, a girlfriend/boyfriend or love interest.

If anyone has questions about anything, please PM me.

Ris
CDF Lieutenant Commander
CDF Lieutenant Commander

December 30th, 2011, 11:09 pm #2

I think I'd like to join.

Falcory
CDF First Lieutenant
CDF First Lieutenant

December 31st, 2011, 1:16 am #3

null wrote:I think I'd like to join.
Alright. Good to have you on board Ris!

There's an annoucment I'd like to make by the way.

There are two characters I'd prefer other players could play, if they can meet the requirements. It's mianly to keep me from playing too many characters, but if no one thinks they can handle the following, no worries I can do them both.

-The General

-Blood Leech

Anyone who has interests in playing these characters can talk to me beforehand, via PM, Skype, or any other way of contacting me. The reason is virtually because both these characters have a previous history and personality that they'd have to convey to an extent.

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

December 31st, 2011, 5:46 pm #4

I'll join, though I forgot all my info on my character.

Falcory
CDF First Lieutenant
CDF First Lieutenant

January 3rd, 2012, 6:43 am #5

I'm going to try and see if I can the RP started Wensday, unless someone has some objections. I know others will come in a little later, but some of us can still start.

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

January 3rd, 2012, 5:30 pm #6

Falcory wrote:I'm going to try and see if I can the RP started Wednesday, unless someone has some objections. I know others will come in a little later, but some of us can still start.
Awesome!

Radigal
CDF Major General
CDF Major General

January 27th, 2012, 6:00 am #7

Sorry for the late reply, but heck ya I will Join >:D