The Great Secession

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

September 3rd, 2010, 3:51 am #1

**Disclaimer: This is a fanfic, and I am making it for entertainment purposes only. This story is fictional, and any relationship to any persons, living or dead, or any places, real or not, or any events, real or not, is purely coincidental.**

Chapter 1

*Warning, Video Contains Violence, Lewd Conduct*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v34hQQz7 ... re=related

I played that video because of the music, and the underlying premise to that video, the opening scene to the movie The Watchmen, reminded me of our situation on Corneria. At least our teammates weren't dead or institutionalized, but we were still being harassed by society and the government...I was sitting in a local bar with Misty, my girlfriend, and Todd McCloud (Fox McCloud's cousin), and Todd's wife Lola Foxglove. Bob Dylan's very song, "The Times, They Are A-Changin'!" was playing on the jukebox. As we were drinking, we talked about how we were fed up with the crap on our home planet, Corneria. The laws that were being drafted to ban teams like Star Fox, Nebulae Fox and Star Vixen (Todd's and Krystal's team, each one a Star Fox subsidiary) and Star Wolf. The new Cornerian Federation had been taken over by these dictator scum, these elites....who were ruining Lylat. General Pepper was in retirement, and Peppy Hare took over, only to be forced out of office by a political coup d' tat.

Todd spoke up..."Truth be told, the Government of The Lylat Federation--in my opinion--is just a power-hungry, power-abusive group of people that want to keep themselves on top. If there isn't trouble already being caused, I wouldn't be surprised to see them cause it themselves so they could again display their power in an effort to keep the common citizens afraid." as he took another sip of beer. We all agreed. "I hate these bastards....they let their 'Golden Children', these asshats from my planet, harass and torment anyone they want to, and get NO punishment for it." I said.

"I use to love this planet. But things changed when Peppy was forced out. Ever since then, the Federation has gone downhill with more assholes contaminating our social and political climate. The growing population has NOTHING to do with the way the people here act. You can have a trillion citizens and expect to have one of EVERY negative kind of people: bullies, criminals, whiners, elitists, you name it." I added. The others agreed there.

Here's what the scoop on our new government; Dex Pommer, a MacBeth Rail Road Tycoon and our newest president, Stan Octavius, our vice president , and Cecilia Waters. Dex tends more to ignore citizens' concerns, Stan laces his responses with sarcasm, condescension, and the like, and Cecilia grew obviously angry when we, the Star Fox Team, suggested that she handle some situations a little differently. The Lylat Federation and the Cornerian Government under it stresses the point that if we disagree with something they've done to simply send them voice our concerns to them, and we can do so in a safe, friendly environment, but that's a load of B.S. I myself had been harassed for speaking out against the Federation, and I got fired from my job working as a security guard for the gaming and recreation department.

Now, I'm not saying they're not doing their jobs because the government would collapse without leadership, but they could at least keep what promises they can, especially when they make such big deals about it. Some things they really need to change. I understand that they're not perfect. I understand that they get annoyed by the problems caused by some citizens, and that they already have a lot on their plates. But I and many others think that if they promise things they're capable of, and for that matter things that they stress is honest and sincere, then they should do whatever they can to take care of it and fulfill that promise. If they can't handle things, fine, but don't keep giving the public empty hope only to shoot them down in an unpleasant manner when they're called out on it, or when what else they do has been said by them and their sycophantic lackeys and suck-ups to be a welcomed thing, and at the same time the general populace said it's not a welcomed thing.

The "suck-ups" were General Tauser, a newly appointed CDF General. Bill Grey left the CDF in disgust after seeing General Tauser getting appointed ahead of him. We were all disgusted. Tauser got that job for sucking up to Dex and the rest of those corrupt leaders. Tauser's goons, were 3 weasels whose names aren't even worth mentioning. I called them "Piss Stream", a stupid retarded degenerate inbred backwater hillbilly, and "Moron" (his real surname being "Moore"), one of the worst snobs in existence. Piss Stream had a new friend join their group, a jackass by the name of "Ass Wart", a hypocritical, judgmental idiot and yet another inbred retarded hillbilly like Piss Stream. Those 3 retards under Tauser made my life and the lives of others here on Corneria MISERABLE. Piss Stream, Ass Wart, and Moron were from Earth. I came to Corneria to get away from losers like them. Enough was enough.

"When are we heading out of here, and where are we going?" I asked Todd. "Fox says we're leaving a week from tomorrow, so get packed, we're gonna head out to Zoness. Edge, Madame Vulpine are already there, they packed up what they had at McCloud Ranch and at McCloud Hall, and so did Misty. She just needs to pack what she has at your place, and you need to get your stuff shipped. Lola and I got a lot to do too...Akasha and Kylie are packing up and clearing out of her loft as we speak." Todd explained.

"What about Babs, and Pal? Silas?" I asked. "Silas has packed and moved to Katina already, hon. Babs is packing up as we speak, and Edge is helping her." Lola explained to me. "Pal and Fay are packing up at his place. The rest of the team is getting ready as well. When they're done, they'll help anyone who needs it." Misty said to me. "Cool, thanks!" I said to all of them. "Well, let's pay our bill and get going then." said Todd. We did that, and headed to our homes on Corneria to pack up and leave. Exodus was just the first thing we had to do to escape from the Cornerian government's tyranny.

*that's it for this chapter*

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

September 3rd, 2010, 7:42 pm #2

Chapter 2

"I hate to say this, but I'm really getting tired of this planet. The government is getting way too power hungry and blaming people for stupid reasons. The government itself hates the word 'drama' and so I'm getting really sick of this. For one, even though Dex seriously doesn't need to take things so harshly; two, Stan needs to pipe down for awhile since he's making the drama incidents a whole lot worse than they already are; three, I don't see any reason why the ****ers decided to appoint Tauser as a full fledged CDF General -- doesn't make any damn sense! I mean the bastard was there for, what, a few weeks and they already appoint him as a general?! That's ****ing ridiculous!!!

This Federation is going down the s*** hole, if you ask me. They say that this Lylat system, particularly Corneria, is growing in population, but that population is retarded, attention-seeking, stupid little ****tards like 'Piss Stream', 'Ass Wart', and 'Moron' that want to cause the drama, corruption, and crime on this planet to grow out of hand, and rule it for themselves! I'm just getting EXTREMELY GODDAMN tired of this ridiculous planet. It was cool at first whenever I first joined and what not, but now I don't see hardly anything good about this planet anymore."

I said this as Misty and I packed my things. Fara's dad was gonna have his crew take my stuff to Edge's place on Zoness, temporarily, until I got my own permanent lodgings on Zoness.

"Okay, I'll be one to say it. Usually I am not the one to stick my neck out for voicing my opinion, but here it goes. Like others, just I haven't shown it really, I have issues with all the people arguing, putting others down, and just being ass holes in general. I am not gonna name people right here, but I do have a list of people I personally have been seeing act in said way for quite some time, and have not seen many (or any at all) things done about it. Sure, most of the people aren't jerks all the time, but 85%-90% is still a whole lot. And if stuff is being done about it, I would like either to see some evident change in the said peoples behavior, and (but not a necessity) some Government Official confirmation that it is being worked on. In my opinion, even if an Government Official says someone is making a valid point, or is correct about something, but that person is being very rude and argumentative about it, The said Government Official still needs to step in and say "You need to work on responding a LOT nicer". Not many times has it happened to me, but when it does, I don't like the feeling of that rudeness directed towards me, and I see others who might get this on more of an occasion than I. I know there are others out there who feel either the same, or very dang close to it as I do.

My point in a bundle, I would like to see Government buckle down more on attitudes around here. And I know not every little detail can be picked at, some will fly under their nose, and I get that. But really. Even Julius Quasar, a former employee for the Cornerian Government, is feeling some affect from it. That should be a big sign this crap really needs to be worked on. Not everyone can be a macho man about people being complete jerk offs, cause I know I sure as hell can't. If what I am hearing is correct, and this is meant to be a comfortable environment for all citizens, that means the bad attitudes also need to be looked at for those like me. I am tired of seeing 1-2 people leave practically a week from idiots who are arguing and getting personal on an issue."

said a wolf newscaster on the TV, as Misty and I packed our things.

Misty and I both said "Totally agree!" and the wolf went on, saying

"Here, let me put it all this way...

Do I hold respect for the government? Yes. They're running a planet that I really do enjoy living on. It has its bad eggs, but a lot of good ones, too.

Do I think the government is doing an okay job running the planet? Yes. Do I think they could be doing a better job or do I think they should have handled some things much differently? Yes.

Have I already voiced these opinions (in actual detail) to those the situations concerned? Yes.

Have I received responses that seemed more of a "shut up, I'm government"? Yes. Did I at first ignore them and keep trying to make my point? Yes.

Have I tried to be respectful in my appeals when I address a concern to the government? Yes. Have I always been respectful? No. Like I said, I've tried, but I won't lie.

Have I, myself, received rather sarcastic responses from members of the government that seem to say they honestly don't care about my opinions? Yes.

Do I hate the government? No. I don't know most of them, for one, though I do dislike a few of them. It's only natural to have people you like and people you dislike on a planet.

Again, have I already privately addressed the members of the government whom I'm referring to? Yes.

Was I one of the citizens who was on another planet who made some editorials in the media about Corneria? I think that's obvious by this point. Do I regret that decision? Not at all. I was already a member of that planet and I was open to discussion.

Do I plan on leaving this planet or being an outlaw from now on? Heck no. I still like this planet, whether or not I like everyone here or agree with everyone's actions. May I be a little less active than I was? Yes, but not for these reasons. Other things have just come up in life--It's purely coincidental.

Now then, let's backtrack just a bit.

Do I completely understand that the members of the government have lives and problems of their own? Yes. Yes, I do, I honestly do. I've been in government before and I know how hectic it can be. Especially with you guys being busy with different responsibilities, I know it's difficult to keep up with things here and I know you do what you think is best for the planet and its citizens. Do I always agree with your decisions? No. Alright, I've answered enough of my own questions for now."

"I agree with most of that..." said Misty. She had finished packing her things, and I was done boxing up the last of my things. "Me too." I said. We unplugged the TV and packaged it up. We got the stuff ready. Fara's dad's crew would be here to pick up our stuff. I looked around at my house, sadly. "Don't feel bad, Julius...it's not really 'goodbye', after all..." said Misty, hugging me. I hugged her back. "Thanks...at least the Foxgloves will take care of all our properties here for us." I said. It was true. McCloud Ranch (Fox's place and Star Fox HQ), McCloud Hall, (Todd's place and HQ of Nebulae Fox), Babs' detective agency and her penthouse, Todd and Akasha's lofts, Pal's Mansion, Silas' Laboratory, Slippy's house, Peppy's place, all of it would be taken care of. General Pepper had sold his place and moved to Zoness already.

I waited with Misty, and the pizza we ordered arrived, we had beer, pizza, and then recycled the bottles, pizza box, paper plates and disposed of the napkins. The crew from Phoenix Shipping, INC., L.L.C., picked up our stuff. We had already finished helping everyone move. There was nothing left to do but leave now. "Shall we?" asked Misty. I nodded. We headed out the door, I looked around one, locked up, and headed out to my Purple Arwing, as Misty flew off in her "Crab Nebulae" ship.

Fox contacted us on the comm channel. "You guys ready?" he asked us. "We're on our way to Zoness now. I'll be staying with Misty, and I'll pick up my stuff ASAP." I said. "Good. Edge says the weather there will be nice all week, so no worries of your stuff getting rained on or ruined in any other way." said Krystal. "Thanks." I said. "See ya' later!" Slippy said. "Feels so weird to be movin' back there." said Falco. We were now trailing behind the Great Fox, on our way to Zoness.

Kursed
CDF Major General
CDF Major General

September 3rd, 2010, 10:23 pm #3

interesting.

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

September 3rd, 2010, 11:13 pm #4

(Thanks!)

Evilwaffles
CDF First Lieutenant
CDF First Lieutenant

September 4th, 2010, 10:19 am #5

Heh heh, nicely done. *Gives stamp of approval*

Kursed
CDF Major General
CDF Major General

September 5th, 2010, 5:05 am #6

Evilwaffles wrote:Heh heh, nicely done. *Gives stamp of approval*
*steals evilwaffle stamp and Stamps his forehead k:P

Shamen3mill
CDF Master Chief
CDF Master Chief

September 5th, 2010, 6:03 am #7

...my seal of approval is below
Shamen_seal_of_approvalcopy_1.jpg

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

September 5th, 2010, 8:09 am #8

(Thanks guys, I appreciate it, I'll try to do more ASAP!)

Evilwaffles
CDF First Lieutenant
CDF First Lieutenant

September 5th, 2010, 9:37 am #9

Aww, I need it now. *shakes fist* :P

Reece: I'm with you guys! *Packs bag*

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

September 7th, 2010, 4:29 pm #10

Chapter 3

I was settling in at Misty's house, a nice little 2 bedroom, 1 and a half bathrooms cottage by the beach. We were upstairs in the converted attic space, relaxing when Fox called us. "Edge's place, 10 minutes." he said. We headed there. I saw my stuff, along with everyone Else's stuff there at Edge's converted/gentrified amusement park on Zoness. Edge had fixed up all the buildings there, which resembled the old fashioned Victorian Amusement Park buildings. He even fixed up the rides, though they were rendered inoperable, strictly for show, since they were not officially deemed "safe" to ride. The rides still lit up at night, everything in the park did, but the giant Ferris wheel was locked in place, the roller coaster cars were welded in place on the tracks, the bumper cars and the electrified floor they were on were disabled. The theater was there. The spook house and fun house were sill there, but the carts for the spook house were frozen in place, lined up on the tracks. The food and game booths were still there, though shuttered. The "troika" multiple spoke armed rides and the carousels were motionless. But the calliope music still played.

I saw my stuff in the weatherproof containers, with everyone Else's stuff in similar containers. Fox, Falco, Krystal, Slippy, Fay, Fara, Miyu, Kylie, Tigress, Katt, Todd, Lola, Edge, Babs, Akasha, Pal, Silas, Madame Vulpine, Conrad, Misty, and I were all there. "Good, we can finally get started Falco said, over the gentle lapping of the shoreline waves. We all sat down on the containers and Fox spoke to us all. "Members of Sta Fox, I hate to say this, but we've lost our credit on Corneria. The days when we were able to stride in public are coming to a close. From now on, we'll have to hide in the shadows. The new Cornerian government, and general societal shift no longer welcome our kind. The new government of Corneria..." Todd interrupted with "****ing assholes..." and Fox paused, reflecting on Todd's words as we all nodded in agreement with him. "...yes, well, they have been demanding the disarmament of the civilian population, and the disbandment of mercenary teams. But as Team Star Fox, it is OUR DUTY to the freedom of Lylat, the memory of my father, to General Pepper, Peppy, Bill, ourselves, and what we and Star Fox and its subsidiaries all stand for, to fight this tyranny." said Fox. We all stood and applauded.

"We gotta take a foothold here, let these assholes know we mean business!" said Katt. "I say we ruin their satellite interests here." said Conrad. I nodded. "We gotta take what's ours here, after we free up Zoness, we can then help the other planets free themselves from the federation scum." I said. "We can start by attacking their little...'protection' ring they got here." Edge said. "True. We can hit them where it hurts, their pockets! They'll lose ground here if that were to happen!" said Madame Vulpine. "Edge, Madame Vulpine, and I know Zoness really well, we've seen where these stupid dickheads have 'set up' around here." said Misty.

"We'll do it, then, starting tonight, as the strip and the stores start to close down." said Fox.

*later that night*

"Okay everyone, like we said, here's where we hit..." Edge said. We were at the local business district at "The Strip" around the corner and down the street from Edge's home. "We're gonna hit the four stores here, under 'protection' by the Cornerian Government, and those CDF goons. It's getting later into the evening, so the strip should be shutting down, no civilians getting in our way." said Edge. "Ready guys?" asked Fox. "We're ready, Fox." said Krystal. "Time to take over here...." said Tigress, grinning ear to ear....

We made our way to Charlie's Plumbing Supply Store. "Looks like no one's home." said Lola. The store was deserted, but the metal shutters that were supposed to protect the plate glass windows and the glass front doors of the store hadn't been rolled down yet. Todd grabbed a trash can off the curb, and tossed it through the nearest plate glass windows. We all ran in through the entrance Todd had made, and we proceeded to trash the store. A bunch of CDF sailors, soldiers, and pilots ran down the street towards our location. "What the f***!?" some of them said, the others said "It's the STAR FOX TEAM! GET 'EM!" and someone else said "First you cut out, and now this s***!?" and we then stopped trashing the store and turned our aggressions on the CDF instead.

Tigress hurled a toilet at a group of CDF goons, hitting them and knocking them to the ground. I fought a CDF Officer, slamming his head into a shelf, breaking the shelf and knocking out the officer. We used wrenches, plungers, detergent boxes, and anything else we could get a hold of to hit the CDF soldiers and beat them back. We broke store merchandise in the process, but we didn't mind. Heck, we were killing two birds with one stone, finishing our wrecking of the store AND defeating part of the CDF forces stationed here. Lola hit a CDF sailor in the kneecap with a wrench. Slippy jammed a plunger onto the face of a CDF Pilot. Miyu struck that same pilot from behind with a pipe.

Tigress threw a pedestal sink at another group of CDF soldiers, knocking them down. Edge smashed a CDF sailor's head into another refrigerator, ruining the fridge and the pilot. We smashed the remaining appliances, and beat up the remaining soldiers. Akasha tripped a CDF soldier who ran at me, and Kylie opened the refrigerator door to the soldier's left, and the soldier fell into the door, breaking it off the hinges and knocking his teeth out. "Good job, guys!" I said to them.

We finished with the Plumbing Store, and now we headed for the spacecraft dealership down the street. "There...'Spooky Motors'! This is the next place! Let's pay 'Voo-Doo Pete' a little visit!" said Misty. We nodded, and went into the dealership. Voo-Doo Pete was a parrot, wearing a top hat, striped trousers, no shirt, a tailcoat jacket, and boots. He stayed inside a small booth, watching us. We started smashing the small spaceships he had for sale. "What da' f*** you motherf*****s doin'! You trying to ruin me business!? I call on da' CDF now!" said Pete. His 'West Indies' accent was sooo fake!

Voo-Doo Pete picked up the small phone in his booth, and called someone. "I need to talk wid' de general...what!? Well put whoever be in charge 'dere on da' phone! 'ey, mon! Dere be Star Fox Team askin' for monies an' I need ma' protection! Now get your asses down here or Voo-Doo Pete gonna stop payin' your asses! Good! Stupid strung-out junkie bastards!" said Pete. A platoon of CDF soldiers stormed the lot. Todd was protecting Lola, and I decided to do the same with Misty. We all fought the CDF goons. I hit one of them across the head with a fuel canister, and took the crowbar he had piked up off the lot, and I handed it to Misty. I ducked a wrench being swung at me, and I kicked that CDF soldier in the groin, slammed him into another spaceship. damaging it, and I took the wrench, and clobbered a CDF sailor. Lola used a crowbar and stuck a CDF Pilot in the side of his abdomen, then Todd slammed that pilot head first into a soda machine.

Fox kicked a CDF Officer in the stomach, and Krystal, who had been using her staff, cause a ground smash quake to flip over and destroy the spacecraft in the lot, and knock out the remaining CDF soldiers, who were then rendered unconscious. Falco approached Voo-Doo Pete in his booth. "Who-do-Voo-Doo!? YOU do Voo-Doo!" he teased. "And you also do business through US from now on!" Fox said to Pete. We made our way to the meat market.

"Watch out for the butcher there, he's a crazy old bastard!" said Madame Vulpine. We smashed the plate glass windows and attacked the CDF Soldiers sitting inside there. As we fought with them, Madame Vulpine kicked one of the CDF soldiers so hard he fell back against the arcade machine behind him and smashed it, electrocuting himself. Katt kicked a CDF Officer in the nuts, and then threw him against the glass display freezer cases, shattering them, the glass shards rained down on the meats and cheese in there.

Miyu thew a CDF soldier into the table and chairs there, breaking them. She, and the others grabbed either a chair or table leg to use as a weapon. I grabbed a meat cleaver off of the counter and gave it to Misty. Slippy grabbed a giant sausage, and swung it like a club. He struck a CDF soldier, then kicked him, and then punched him so hard he fell up against the soda machine and wrecked it. "Mama Mia! Whatsa-mattah-you-a!? You kids-a-stop-a-wrecking my store!" shouted the butcher, Stephano. He emerged from the meat locker with 2 butchers working for him, both of them weasels, Stephano himself a large black cat.

We fought them, Fara grabbed a small scale off of the counter and smacked one butcher across the head with it. She then slammed him face first into the counter. She took his meat cleaver,a nd she and Fay beat down the other butcher weasel, as Tigress supplex cracked Stephano's back across her knee. We all beat the crap out of them, and as we trashed the shop a bit, Fox said "You got balls, old timer, and I respect that. Remember to pay up, and this won't happen again!" and we finished tearing up the shop and headed to our next target.

"There's 'Shangri-La' Gift Store'! 10 credits says the owner's trashed..." said Edge. We went inside, and, sure enough, Twiggy, the shop owner, a Shi Tzu, was trying to light something in his hands, but dropped it when he saw us. "Dudes..." he said. a bunch of stoner civilians at at the tables, getting high. "We're the Star Fox Team, and from now on you pay US!" I said. I grabbed a skull shaped bong and smashed it into a nearby arcade machine. "Oh, man, not coool!" shouted Twiggy. The stoners got up, and attacked us. "Hey, that's our dealer, man! Nobody messes with..." they were wasted, but could still fight. My teammates and I beat the crap out of them. Tigress threw one of them into the nearby pinball machine, shattering it. Edge smashed another into the table, and Miyu broke a chair over another stoner's head. Lola threw a chair into the other pinball machine, as Todd used a broken table leg to smash the other arcade machine. Babs kicked the jukebox until it broke. We smashed the locked display cases and stole all the merchandise. Akasha smashed open the cash register and stole all the money from it. Fara smashed the merchandise on the shelves, the bongs, records, the big green foam hands that said "We're #1!" on them, and that hand formed the "flipping the middle finger" gesture, which was hilarious!

"You do business through US from now on, got it!" Fox said, as he threatened the owner. "Where's the CDF when I need them!?" moaned Twiggy. "We beat the crap out of them! No one left for them to send out!" I said. We left, and went to the plumbing store, where Charlie the Plumber, a pig, was sweeping up the mess we had made. "We're the Star Fox Team, and if you don't want this to happen again, you'll pay us protection from now on, got it!?" Fox said to Charlie. "Got it." Charlie replied fearfully. "Great! Now get your store cleaned up, it's a mess!" Falco teased.

We went around the corner..."We need a hideout, a good place to stretch out legs." said Fox. Misty pointed down the street. "See that shipyard over there? It's got a lot that's more than big enough for the Galatae, the Great Fox, AND Saucerer 2 at the same time!" she said. "There's plenty of buildings there for the team to live in as well!" said Edge. "Currently the main building is where we need to focus our attack, that's where the head CDF Officer stationed out here and his soldiers use it for a flophouse!" said Madame Vulpine. "Not anymore they don't..." said Fox.

We kicked open the front doors to the main building, after Todd broke the padlock on the chains holding the front gates shut. "Party's over, ***holes!" I shouted to the CDF soldiers in the building...After 30 minutes of fighting, me protecting Misty, Todd protecting Lola, Fox and Krystal watching each others backs, we all managed to beat the crap out of every last CDF soldier. We cornered the Colonel on the roof. He jumped off the roof, and ran off, hurting his leg, but not before we said to him "We're taking Zoness, we don't wanna see anymore CDF or Federation Officials anywhere near here! Especially not the Cornerian Government!". He ran off, saying "You'll never drive us out!". Edge spoke up "He's right...unless we go to the capital, Zoness City, and drive out the governing forces there, this will all have been for nothing.". "True. But for tonight, we celebrate! We'll raid the capitol tomorrow! We're here to stay!" said Fox.

"Even when we take over all of Zoness, the new leaders of the Federation will never quit. But it will be harder for them to try to defeat us when we have ALL of Zoness secured." said Tigress. We nodded. After we moved our stuff from Edge's place to our new HQ on Zoness, we secured the building, and fixed it up so it felt more like OUR home. We parked our vessels here, and upgraded all the security flaws. We had done it. We had a new home on Zoness.