Vixie Darkmatter
CDF Group Major
CDF Group Major

11:40 PM - Jan 24, 2011 #11

Evilwaffles wrote:Starfox is far from dead. If people believe Starfox is dying from the lack of a new title for 5 years, then I say look at Metroid, they skipped the N64 and look what the series got on the Gamecube.
I like your style of thinking, and that is true. Good things come to those who wait I guess.

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

8:35 PM - Jan 25, 2011 #12

Evilwaffles wrote:Starfox is far from dead. If people believe Starfox is dying from the lack of a new title for 5 years, then I say look at Metroid, they skipped the N64 and look what the series got on the Gamecube.
Totally agree.

Kursed
CDF Major General
CDF Major General

10:00 PM - Jan 25, 2011 #13

The reason it's takign so long could be how much their focusing on making a better game.... look at starcraft 2 how long have us Stacraft or warcraft fans waited for a sequl to stacraft..... I have to say I"m not as happy as i thoguth i'd be with the normal game play but the map editor I'm really excited about because of the potential to make sooo many games. And i've only played a few of these new ones and i have to say i am impressed by the 'power' of the new campaign editor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dMVFuIb8zk

Play that on another Rts game :P

crazyfooinc
CDF Ensign
CDF Ensign

11:32 PM - Jan 25, 2011 #14

Kursed wrote:The reason it's taking so long could be how much their focusing on making a better game....
Oh c'mon Kursed, as much as we'd like that to happen, it looks pretty bleak.

Vixie Darkmatter
CDF Group Major
CDF Group Major

11:34 PM - Jan 25, 2011 #15

It is possible though, as someone mentioned earlier, looking at Metroid. It could happen.

crazyfooinc
CDF Ensign
CDF Ensign

11:37 PM - Jan 25, 2011 #16

Vixie Darkmatter wrote:It is possible though, as someone mentioned earlier, looking at Metroid. It could happen.
It honestly could happen, but Nintendo is working on launching a new console (3DS), supporting the Wii, bringing out their A-Game, and they'd obviously want to play it safe. Working on a series that hasn't done so well in the past would not be ideal for business, especially if it is not met with enthusiasm from critics.

That said, we can still hope :D

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

11:41 PM - Jan 25, 2011 #17

Kursed wrote:The reason it's takign so long could be how much their focusing on making a better game....
I agree! Let's hope so.

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
CDF Second Lieutenant
CDF Second Lieutenant

12:17 AM - Jan 26, 2011 #18

1. StarFox is & Isn't dieing.
2. It is & Isn't a big franchise its not that popular.
3. If there making it they would of said something via now plus the wii is almost dead 2011 is it's year unless mioyato actully ment that one qoute of it still being alive.
4. Metroid didn't work on N64
5. They'll probaly well make one when ninty makes there next HOME console.

X-Gamer
CDF Second Lieutenant
CDF Second Lieutenant

12:34 AM - Jan 26, 2011 #19

Hmm...Starfox dying...

This one's a tough choice. If I didn't know Nintendo any better, I'd say the series is dying out. To be perfectly honest, no one really has actually paid attention to the SF storyline. They just know there's three guys (Fox, Falco, Wolf) from the game Starfox in SSBB. People would probably know as much about SF as they do Fire Emblem. And that's not a lot. Now if we were to compare this with Mario, ANYONE would be able to tell you he's from Super Mario Bros. and could most likely tell you what his job is (saving princess peach, etc.) and could also tell you that they've played one of the games before. That's because Mario is given more attention than SF has. So from what I see, SF is dying when you compare it to other games.

On its own? If you view it at an overall sort of view in terms of the game individually, you can see there is still hope left. The fate of SF rests in -I think- two events in time.

1. - SF for the Wii. If they make one, we will know they still remember SF and plan to do more with the story.
2. - SF for the next console. Although this may be a bit late of a release, we would know that Nintendo has finally blew the dust off of their own SF series and have started to revive it.

Vixie Darkmatter
CDF Group Major
CDF Group Major

4:48 AM - Jan 26, 2011 #20

Not to put you down X-Gamer, but if we're going in terms of who's in SSBB, the Metroid series only has Samus and is more popular than SF right now. I don't feel as if it's an entirely accurate representation of how alive a series is, although it does seem to be an indicator for some of them.