Star Fox Assault

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

7:47 PM - Sep 02, 2010 #1

In this thread, we're here to talk about Star Fox Assault.

The good, the bad, and the weird.

I liked the addition of Panther to Star Wolf, and the removal of Andrew Oikonny. Killing Pigma was pretty cool. The Star Wolf battle was fun.

Didn't care for Leon's new voice (he sounded almost like Beavis from "Beavis and Butthead"). I like the mix of on foot, Landmaster, and Arwing missions...the weapons are awesome, the duel mode...

riccofox96
CDF Conscript
CDF Conscript

5:20 AM - Sep 13, 2010 #2

I certainly like the soundtrack in the game. So nice. The sounds aren't too shabby either. The voices are okay, they sound computerized a bit, but as long as I can understand why, then I won't complain. Hey, there could even be a reason behind it.

Deleted User
Deleted User

1:37 AM - Oct 25, 2010 #3

Nice game but pales compared to the original xD

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

6:12 PM - Nov 07, 2010 #4

I liked the soundtrack as well, liked the renderings...Krystal and Fox seemed a bit "wooden" in their acting...but other than that, I like it. I liked General Pepper's jowly, "Richard Nixon" voice "Let me say this, about that! I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I, am not an Aparoid!"

I like how Slippy and Peppy sounded in Assault, it was a welcome change from SF Adventures, where Slippy sounded like the Pillsbury Doughboy, and Peppy sounding 80 years old and constipated in SF-Adv.

ROB sounded okay in Assault as well.

Deleted User
Deleted User

7:48 PM - Nov 07, 2010 #5

I hated the end of Assault! The
[+] Spoiler
Great Fox got destroyed!
Oh well, I like tragedies! But to have that happen, I kind of liked that ship...

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

6:17 PM - Nov 08, 2010 #6

The game kinda ended a little too quickly though...

Deleted User
Deleted User

4:45 AM - Nov 15, 2010 #7

But that is the thing, 64 was not really that long either, the only game the FELT like it took forever was Adventures...but this is the wrong topic to go into that. But I felt it was a bit shabby on Level Length

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

10:11 PM - Nov 19, 2010 #8

Kid_Cortet wrote:But that is the thing, 64 was not really that long either, the only game the FELT like it took forever was Adventures...but this is the wrong topic to go into that. But I felt it was a bit shabby on Level Length
I agree with both your points...

Deleted User
Deleted User

4:21 AM - Nov 20, 2010 #9

They should have just kept the models from Adventures (or do better!)

Deleted User
Deleted User

9:45 PM - Nov 20, 2010 #10

I totally agree.....at least Slippy looked better in Assault xD