Vixie Darkmatter
CDF Group Major
CDF Group Major

5:37 AM - Jan 28, 2011 #121

How can the Great Fox be.........I'm not sure I even want to know.

FoxMcCloud
CDF Group Major
CDF Group Major

5:42 AM - Jan 28, 2011 #122

Design wise, it was just, so awesome

Deleted User
Deleted User

12:25 PM - Jan 28, 2011 #123

Now we get the Great Fox II: a flying potato.

I'm SO glad that SFC wasn't canon.

Vixie Darkmatter
CDF Group Major
CDF Group Major

8:35 PM - Jan 28, 2011 #124

That's true, but we're short one Great Fox since at the end of Assault Peppy had to push the self-destruct button. :lol:

Hopefully they remake the old one or have a design that doesn't look so bad.

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

5:52 AM - Jan 29, 2011 #125

FoxMcCloud wrote:Design wise, it was just, so awesome
Agreed!
wrote:Now we get the Great Fox II: a flying potato.

I'm SO glad that SFC wasn't canon.
...or, a flying piece of poo xD

I'm also glad SFC wasn't/isn't Canon.

Deleted User
Deleted User

6:05 AM - Jan 29, 2011 #126

Vixie Darkmatter wrote:That's true, but we're short one Great Fox since at the end of Assault Peppy had to push the self-destruct button. :lol:

Hopefully they remake the old one or have a design that doesn't look so bad.
He didn't push the self-destruct button. He sent the critically-damaged-and-on-fire-while-getting-eaten-by-aperoids ship hurtling into the shield, whereupon the impact set the hull damage over the limit, causing it to explode.

Vixie Darkmatter
CDF Group Major
CDF Group Major

7:34 AM - Jan 29, 2011 #127

It still blew up in the end didn't it? I'm still wondering how him and Star Wolf survived though, but I'm sure there's an explanation for it.

Blazethesage
CDF Master Sergeant
CDF Master Sergeant

9:45 PM - Feb 11, 2011 #128

On a more serious note, I think the reason they went with a new design for the Great Fox II rather than going with something resembling the old design... funds.

The Great Fox was NOT a cheap machine. James McCloud left Fox an 80-year Mortgage behind on the damn thing when he died. It may be gone, but Fox will still be paying for it for the rest of his life. He had to go with something smaller, and cheaper.

As for Star Wolf, I'm really not surprised that they lived. All we saw was them leading away a bunch of enemies so that you could go for the queen. They're a competent crew, and while the things looked intimidating, they could be killed. It was just that Fox and them didn't really have time to deal with it, they needed to get to the Queen, so Wolf took Panther and Leon and opened the path for 'em.

As for Peppy, gogo escape pod. If you'll notice, the front of the escape pod Peppy shows up in looks suspiciously like the external view of the Great Fox's bridge. Peppy never had to move anywhere, he just fired the thing up and got the heck outta dodge before the rest of the Great Fox ker-sploded.

I like the touch with his bandaged cheek and arm where the parts of him that were starting to look Aparoid-y obviously 'sploded with the Queen.

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

10:26 PM - Feb 11, 2011 #129

Blazethesage wrote:On a more serious note, I think the reason they went with a new design for the Great Fox II rather than going with something resembling the old design... funds.

The Great Fox was NOT a cheap machine. James McCloud left Fox an 80-year Mortgage behind on the damn thing when he died. It may be gone, but Fox will still be paying for it for the rest of his life. He had to go with something smaller, and cheaper.

As for Star Wolf, I'm really not surprised that they lived. All we saw was them leading away a bunch of enemies so that you could go for the queen. They're a competent crew, and while the things looked intimidating, they could be killed. It was just that Fox and them didn't really have time to deal with it, they needed to get to the Queen, so Wolf took Panther and Leon and opened the path for 'em.

As for Peppy, gogo escape pod. If you'll notice, the front of the escape pod Peppy shows up in looks suspiciously like the external view of the Great Fox's bridge. Peppy never had to move anywhere, he just fired the thing up and got the heck outta dodge before the rest of the Great Fox ker-sploded.

I like the touch with his bandaged cheek and arm where the parts of him that were starting to look Aparoid-y obviously 'sploded with the Queen.
^ I can agree there.

Blazethesage
CDF Master Sergeant
CDF Master Sergeant

10:33 PM - Feb 11, 2011 #130

On a similar note, that scene just before the boom with Peppy looking all depressed, and we're meant to think it's Peppy's final moments or something, I think the reason he looks so depressed there is because he's sad about the seconds-away loss of the Great Fox. It's one of those things that reminds him of the era of James McCloud, one of Peppy's closest friends. And now, here he is seconds away from the great carrier's ultimate destruction. Yet another piece of James' legacy lost to the void of time and space.

And there's also the possibility he's also silently apologizing to Fox for failing to keep the thing safe, considering there's still at least 65-70 or so years left on the thing's mortage.