Problem with Xbox 360 Headset/Controller

Fox-Shot
CDF Private First Class
CDF Private First Class

3:51 AM - Feb 01, 2011 #1

I recently got a new Xbox 360, it came with a headset. The problem is when I use this headset in the controller included, it'll make a lot of fuzzy noise, especially when the headphone jack gets moved or touched. The weird thing is that it only happens with the included black controller, but it works just fine in my 25$ cheapy MadCatz Controller. I can get it to work for a small while by licking the headphone jack, but the fix doesn't last long, does anyone know what's wrong, do I need to return the headset or controller?

Deleted User
Deleted User

3:53 AM - Feb 01, 2011 #2

Maybe the jack's just hypersensitive?

I'm not proficient in the Xbox 360 so I can't do much to help you out. Sorry :(

FoxMcCloud
CDF Group Major
CDF Group Major

7:44 AM - Feb 01, 2011 #3

null wrote:I recently got a new Xbox 360, it came with a headset. The problem is when I use this headset in the controller included, it'll make a lot of fuzzy noise, especially when the headphone jack gets moved or touched. The weird thing is that it only happens with the included black controller, but it works just fine in my 25$ cheapy MadCatz Controller. I can get it to work for a small while by licking the headphone jack, but the fix doesn't last long, does anyone know what's wrong, do I need to return the headset or controller?
I would return the controller, it seems that the jack in the controller is defective, contact Micro$oft $upport, and tell them that your controller included in the box is defective. It should still be covered under warranty.

Fox-Shot
CDF Private First Class
CDF Private First Class

8:40 PM - Feb 01, 2011 #4

At least hopefully, though it won't trigger the water damage, or at least shouldn't, I spilled just a tiny bit of milk on the controller this morning (Why does this always happen to me when I get new stuff?) And it got into the jack, but I cleaned that out easy in 30 seconds. So long as the water damage sensor isn't in there like the iPhone, I should be fine, and regardless, it's not a terrible break, the controller works fine, and I've heard quite a few people have sensitive headphone jacks on their controllers and also fixed it with licking. I might contact them, but until then, it still works fine if I perform my quick fix :P And I'm planning on getting a wireless headset anyways.

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
CDF Second Lieutenant
CDF Second Lieutenant

3:23 AM - Feb 02, 2011 #5

Never ever get madcatz products, the end up sucking <_<

FoxMcCloud
CDF Group Major
CDF Group Major

3:42 AM - Feb 02, 2011 #6

MrFordDoesNotLikeU wrote:Never ever get madcatz products, the end up sucking <_<
The Madcatz is the funtional controller. The controller that came with the XBOX is malfunctioning

Fox-Shot
CDF Private First Class
CDF Private First Class

4:15 AM - Feb 02, 2011 #7

I probably won't really do anything, I was checking to see if anyone else here had this problem, I got the Xbox to replace my Wii after it broke, so if I have my parents call support about it, they'll be mad they bought another "destructible" console.

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

4:16 AM - Feb 02, 2011 #8

Fox-Shot wrote:I recently got a new Xbox 360, it came with a headset. The problem is when I use this headset in the controller included, it'll make a lot of fuzzy noise, especially when the headphone jack gets moved or touched. The weird thing is that it only happens with the included black controller, but it works just fine in my 25$ cheapy MadCatz Controller. I can get it to work for a small while by licking the headphone jack, but the fix doesn't last long, does anyone know what's wrong, do I need to return the headset or controller?
Sorry to hear that dude, and I'm even more sorry that I can't help you. A buddy of mine once had an X-Box headset mic that had a glitch that made him sound like a girl. xD

Fox-Shot
CDF Private First Class
CDF Private First Class

6:10 AM - Feb 02, 2011 #9

Julius Quasar wrote:
Fox-Shot wrote:I recently got a new Xbox 360, it came with a headset. The problem is when I use this headset in the controller included, it'll make a lot of fuzzy noise, especially when the headphone jack gets moved or touched. The weird thing is that it only happens with the included black controller, but it works just fine in my 25$ cheapy MadCatz Controller. I can get it to work for a small while by licking the headphone jack, but the fix doesn't last long, does anyone know what's wrong, do I need to return the headset or controller?
Sorry to hear that dude, and I'm even more sorry that I can't help you. A buddy of mine once had an X-Box headset mic that had a glitch that made him sound like a girl. xD
Heh, I had a Skype glitch that made everything you say get "chipmunk"ed.

Anyways, I tested it in the other controller again, it turns out my headset is defunct instead, a friend is willing to give me his old headset, so it's all good, thanks for the help everyone. And should you also have Xbox Live, my gamertag is FoxShot01

Kursed
CDF Major General
CDF Major General

6:49 AM - Feb 02, 2011 #10

I'm Spyro 20051 however it's used by everyone in the household so don't expect me to be on all the time