Ris
CDF Lieutenant Commander
CDF Lieutenant Commander

6:38 PM - Jan 22, 2011 #71

The quoll said nothing for a few good moments, though his expression hadn't changed from the same calm, contemplative one he previously wore. His arms were folded still, his tail idly swaying from side to side behind him as his eyes now rested upon Arakine's. "I see," came his eventual response. He wasn't finished with this conversation, though he would give Arakine a chance to think about his life before they would talk about it again.

Deleted User
Deleted User

3:21 AM - Jan 23, 2011 #72

The fox noticed the quoll and Arakine's voices rising. "Hey you too, no fighting. We're all in the same boat aren't we?"

[offtopic]He means it figuratively, not as a pun on being the same ship[/offtopic]

Ris
CDF Lieutenant Commander
CDF Lieutenant Commander

3:45 AM - Jan 23, 2011 #73

Although he had never raised his voice and he had no intentions whatsoever of fighting, the quoll nodded, turning his attention away from Arakine and back to the fox. "What? Just satisfying my curiosity is all." With a light shrug of his shoulders, though, he took slow, leisurely steps towards the ship's owner. "So hey, he has money for fuel and you have a ship. He wants to get out, and you want a crew member. Why don't you two make a deal?"

Dahvir
CDF Sergeant Major
CDF Sergeant Major

6:18 AM - Jan 23, 2011 #74

Arakine raised an eyebrow, looking at the fox and waiting for an answer.

Deleted User
Deleted User

6:38 AM - Jan 23, 2011 #75

"I appreciate your kind offer, but we're still stuck here even with full fuel reserves. For one, this ship wasn't built for a crew of three, more along the lines of 90 to 100."

Ris
CDF Lieutenant Commander
CDF Lieutenant Commander

6:40 AM - Jan 23, 2011 #76

'Sorry, Arakine,' thought the Eastern Quoll to himself, shifting his gaze away from the fox and towards the only other occupant of the ship, 'But I'm not gonna pay for 90 other men.'

Now he was just waiting to see how Arakine would respond to the vulpine.

Dahvir
CDF Sergeant Major
CDF Sergeant Major

6:51 AM - Jan 23, 2011 #77

"I see." he said. "Well, money can buy a lot of things, but I don't think it can buy 90 people."

Deleted User
Deleted User

6:56 AM - Jan 23, 2011 #78

The twin-tailed fox thought for a moment, then said, "Well, we need 90 people to get this ship running at 100%. Sure we can fly with just three, but if something goes wrong, or if we run into trouble, we're screwed."

Dahvir
CDF Sergeant Major
CDF Sergeant Major

7:16 AM - Jan 23, 2011 #79

"True, but who said we couldn't at least try to acquire that crew?" Arakine said, a smirk appearing on his face. "By the way, my friendly fox, do you have a name? Something we can call you by? That is we if the quoll here is in with us."

Ris
CDF Lieutenant Commander
CDF Lieutenant Commander

7:22 AM - Jan 23, 2011 #80

The quoll couldn't help but quietly grin, finding it amusing that he asked for the fox's name but not his. "Yes, that -would- be good to know," he agreed, slowly nodding as he waited for the fox's response.