Nintendo

Deleted User
Deleted User

8:35 AM - Nov 23, 2010 #1

Let's take a trip down memory lane shall we, back to the days video games were held in these large (nearly square) cartridges. And the little gray box that allowed you to play them, with the assistance of two rectangular controller with 5 easy buttons and for some a laser gun. Back to when some of the games we have today, all started as 2 dimensional pixels.

Deleted User
Deleted User

12:20 PM - Nov 23, 2010 #2

And the frustrations involved not getting them to work right 50% of the time.

Deleted User
Deleted User

8:23 PM - Nov 23, 2010 #3

That was because it was starting to get old, my friend, the thing came out in the '80's if I am not mistaken, so by the time we got the system, it was well starting to get old, but I know what you mean, having to fight to get it to work, and then when you finally get the thing started, halfway it would flicker and erase EVERYTHING you just did. xD

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

8:59 PM - Nov 23, 2010 #4

Ah, yes, and a HUGE game library...too bad so many of them sucked...not all were bad though.

I didn't like when they had a glitch, and you'd have to take the cartridge out, blow on it, then put it back in and hold RESET.

Deleted User
Deleted User

12:18 AM - Nov 24, 2010 #5

I had a technique that nearly always worked.

I'd lick the open end. Yes, lick, blow on it, and put it in barely, so when I pushed it down the end scraped against the NES on the front.

X-Gamer
CDF Second Lieutenant
CDF Second Lieutenant

1:11 AM - Nov 24, 2010 #6

Lol. I just noticed that Kid_Cortet basically made all the new topics in this thread. :animesweat:

Anyway, I never owned a Nintendo, sadly. But I have played Duck Hunt, LOZ 1 and 2, Super Mario Bros. (can't remember which one. probably the first one) and Punch Out (it is on the NES...right?)

Deleted User
Deleted User

1:15 AM - Nov 24, 2010 #7

Yes it is.

I remember having World Class Track Meet, you know, the one with that stupid pad that you use to run.

X-Gamer
CDF Second Lieutenant
CDF Second Lieutenant

2:12 AM - Nov 24, 2010 #8

TheRedFox8 wrote:Yes it is.

I remember having World Class Track Meet, you know, the one with that stupid pad that you use to run.
Ah, the memories.

Deleted User
Deleted User

2:21 AM - Nov 24, 2010 #9

The game I liked the most, but never really understood it until this day. Was a game called Dragon Warrior. The game play was like an early pokemon game, when you battles, you have four options, "Fight, Spell, Item, and Run." and it was like Mystery Dungeon cause to have to litterally walk over something, then open the main menu to use the command.

Deleted User
Deleted User

5:57 AM - Nov 24, 2010 #10

I remember a game that was called this weird French name. Never got it to work. Played the ROM of it, yeah, it sucks.