My 3D Renders and Mods

TomLucas
CDF Master Sergeant
CDF Master Sergeant

February 21st, 2011, 3:04 am #1

Let's start with Jack Thorn...

Or rather, his eye.

Jack just posing, looking ready for a fight. Heh. The black smoke effect was just for show. He can't emit a black aura. But his eyes ARE self-illuminating and glow in the dark (kinda makes stealth an issue for him).

Umm... Wesker and Jack... can't be good...

Krystal in bolivia... Well, Krystal still needs some work. The reason I chose Bolivia... well... Krystal comes off to me as the kind of person who enjoys forests and tropical looking places.

Jack, on the other hand, comes off as the kind of person who stays in the dark. All you see are his eyes glaring at you, wondering when the appropriate time to strike is. The moonlight coming from the window, casting over Jack was meant as a symbollic reference to Jack's supremecy.

OneWingedAngel92302
CDF Group Major
CDF Group Major

February 21st, 2011, 2:08 pm #2

Topic moved as requested.

btw, How exactly did you give the Eye's that glow in the render?

Evilwaffles
CDF First Lieutenant
CDF First Lieutenant

February 21st, 2011, 2:12 pm #3

So... much.. fur :animeeyes:

TomLucas
CDF Master Sergeant
CDF Master Sergeant

February 21st, 2011, 3:13 pm #4

wrote:Topic moved as requested.

btw, How exactly did you give the Eye's that glow in the render?
I add an emission map to make it self-illuminating. And use some halogen effects to give it a more soft glow.

Vixie Darkmatter
CDF Group Major
CDF Group Major

February 21st, 2011, 7:48 pm #5

That pic of Krystal in Bolivia, I recognize that scenery. You didn't happen to get that from a Tomb Raider game did you?

TomLucas
CDF Master Sergeant
CDF Master Sergeant

February 21st, 2011, 8:11 pm #6

Pretty observant. Yeah, it's from a Tomb Raider game. Tomb Raider Legend, to be precise.
I have a forest scene, that I made myself, but it's very low quality and takes far too long to render due to the number of props and trees.

Vixie Darkmatter
CDF Group Major
CDF Group Major

February 21st, 2011, 8:25 pm #7

I thought I knew it from somewhere. Tomb Raider Legends was one of my favorite games on the Xbox, for it's genre anyway. At any rate it looks good, they all do. Keep it up. :smile:

Kursed
CDF Major General
CDF Major General

February 22nd, 2011, 11:44 pm #8

null wrote:Pretty observant. Yeah, it's from a Tomb Raider game. Tomb Raider Legend, to be precise.I have a forest scene, that I made myself, but it's very low quality and takes far too long to render due to the number of props and trees.
i was gonna say that scenery remided me of the first level of Jedi acadamy on yavin.

TomLucas
CDF Master Sergeant
CDF Master Sergeant

February 23rd, 2011, 2:56 am #9

I can't rip Jedi Academy level models the same way I can rip Tomb Raider level models. Though I MIGHT try getting a few just to add to my collection of scenary models.

This background was given to me. Thought I'd make use of it, seeing as it's a nicely designed one. Though parts of it come out unnecessarily bright in Blender.

OneWingedAngel92302
CDF Group Major
CDF Group Major

February 23rd, 2011, 3:30 am #10

if you need Scenery models, I was able to Rip the Map's Dissidia and Crisis core. If you want them I can pack them up and upload them to mdeifire so i could send you link. My personal Favorite is the planet's core.