Kursed

Evilwaffles
CDF First Lieutenant
CDF First Lieutenant

8:24 AM - Jan 02, 2012 #1

After seeing the post in the 'Ideal Starfox Game' thread where it is claimed that Kursed is Krystal's better half, it got me thinking. Why do people seem to think that Kursed is some sort of bad ass. I mean we had Project Kursed and then we have all the ton of fan works involving Kursed.

From the little we know about Kursed... she's a coward. She ran away from her problems and started anew, instead of dealing with her problems. She screwed up her life out of her own scorn but can't face it.

So, my question for this topic... What is your opinion on Kursed and why do you think she is perceived as a bad ass?

Falcory
CDF First Lieutenant
CDF First Lieutenant

7:21 PM - Jan 02, 2012 #2

Most people probably just assume she is, because she became a bounty hunter. That sends an image of "Samus Aran" in most people's minds, who actually is a badass. XD

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

2:38 AM - Jan 03, 2012 #3

I'd say she's more dark, and morose, like Brandon Lee in "The Crow", but not as awesome or as grim.

Kursed
CDF Major General
CDF Major General

7:25 PM - Jan 03, 2012 #4

I donno if I'd consider it her better half.

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

10:11 PM - Jan 03, 2012 #5

Kursed wrote:I donno if I'd consider it her better half.
^ Word. For the most part, I don't care for anything associated with SF Command.

Kursed
CDF Major General
CDF Major General

3:29 PM - Jan 04, 2012 #6

Though I think Kursed is a good idea what would be a better idea is if NINTENDO PUT SOME BRAIN INTO THIS SERIS AND MAYBE SOME BACKGROUND!!!

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

5:09 PM - Jan 04, 2012 #7

Kursed wrote:Though I think Kursed is a good idea what would be a better idea is if NINTENDO PUT SOME BRAIN INTO THIS SERIS AND MAYBE SOME BACKGROUND!!!
...and if they put Kursed in a sexier outfit. :P

Megas75
CDF Gunnery Sergeant
CDF Gunnery Sergeant

8:42 PM - Jan 04, 2012 #8

I think people think that because Bounty Hunter=Automatic Badass, than Kursed=Badass

Me? I honestly can't say, though seeing how she came to be, I can't see any reason to like her

Kursed
CDF Major General
CDF Major General

9:08 PM - Jan 05, 2012 #9

the only reason I liked Kursed in the first place was because Kursed of all the starfox characters may have had the ablity to develop some backbone (Backstory)

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

10:32 PM - Jan 05, 2012 #10

Kursed wrote:the only reason I liked Kursed in the first place was because Kursed of all the starfox characters may have had the ablity to develop some backbone (Backstory)
Yeah, that's true. The character's back stories are too finite:

Fox: Son of the legendary ace hero pilot who was the founder of the original Star Fox team. Fox is the leader of Team Star Fox, and bearing the weight of an 80 year mortgage on his back.

Falco: Former member of a space "hot rodders" gang, he could be a better pilot than Fox, if he could only curb his temper and recklessness

Peppy: The other member of the original Star Fox, Peppy is a seasoned veteran of piloting, fighting, and mercenary work

Slippy: Comic relief for the team, he also provides technical support. He's a better mechanic, technician, and engineer than he is a pilot.

Krystal: A former stripper before arriving on planet Sauria (no, I'm just kidding!) xD No idea much about her, she's telepathic, from the now destroyed planet Cerinia, her parents are dead, she was found by Team Star Fox on planet Sauria

See what I mean tho? Krystal especially needs more back story (and personality)