Moderator: Moderator

Fast Food Thread

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

July 24th, 2011, 8:32 pm #1

This is the Fast Food Thread, where we'll talk about our favorite and/or least favorite fast food here.

My opinions

McDonalds: Great fries, great ice cream...their burgers aren't so great.

Buger King: Burgers, shakes are great. Their fries aren't as good as McDonalds.

Carl's Jr./Hardees: Great overall...their fries are ok, but not great. Their malts/shakes are a vast improvement.

Wendy's: Great burgers, their fries taste like sawdust.

Sonic: AWFUL! My friend ate there, he got sonic diarrhea! My other friends who ate there say it tastes horrible, they over cook or under cook everything.

Arby's: More like "Barfy's", 2/3 of the people I've known who ate there get sick as a result.

Dairy Queen: Great desserts, the rest of the food there isn't so good. At least it doesn't make you sick though.

Kentucky Friend Chicken: It's good, but it gives me major gas when I eat it. Plus the local KFC's where I live are all bad, the owners ran them into the dirt.

Popeye's Friend Chicken: Louisiana style fried chicken is THE BEST! It's also downright lethal for you...ha ha!

Chick Fil-A: Don't know, there aren't any where I live.

Weinerschnitzel: it's "okay", but nothing to write home about.

A & W: They're pretty good, but they disappeared from where I live. One returned, but it wasn't the same, and it vanished again.

Deleted User
Deleted User

July 24th, 2011, 11:57 pm #2

Hey, I object to the Sonic one. I love their drinks, Texas Toast burgers, breakfast burritoes, and Ched R' Bites. Not to mention the Blasts (ice creams) ^^

Fana McCloud
CDF Ensign
CDF Ensign

July 25th, 2011, 12:01 am #3

Popeyes: Cajun fries, wheee. I used to eat gobs at Popeyes as a kid - KFC can suck it. But usually the step prefers KFC so I have to forgo Popeyes. :(

Tommy's: Yes, the world famous Tommy's, the one with the red roof. Known for hamburgers but I LOVE their chili dogs. My absolute most favorite place to eat.

Doublz: You get lots of food cheap, but the edges of their patties tend to get singed and boy can you taste it. :P Nowhere near horrible though, good if you wanna feed a lot of people on a budget.

Sonic's: I only ever go here for malts and limeaide, as their food is nothing special.

Love Sushi: Best way to get fresh sushi out here in the middle of nowhere - you can buy cut rolls to go and they don't gouge on prices at all. Very sweet. :3

Subway: I prefer much more healthy food because overall it tastes better to me and doesn't disrupt my intestines as much, so Subway is a freakin godsend - but unfortunately I don't get to eat there as much as I'd like. Sweet onion chicken teriyaki = WIN.

Carl's Jr.: It's very hard to go wrong with them - out of all the major run-of-the-mill burger chains they probably have the best food. I have fond memories of popping over to Carl's during the one semester I was taking classes at Pasadena City College, as they were right across the street. Their burgers are not wimpy, flat things like McDonald's or even Burger King, this stuff can fill you.

Del Taco: Better than Taco Bell. :P I used to love getting their cinnamon twists. They also were giving out pogs right around when that was the craze so I was always going back there trying to CATCH 'EM ALL - I mean collect 'em all.

Megas75
CDF Gunnery Sergeant
CDF Gunnery Sergeant

July 25th, 2011, 4:35 am #4

Carl's Jr> In-N-Out> Everything else

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

July 25th, 2011, 4:40 am #5

Fana McCloud wrote:Carl's Jr.: It's very hard to go wrong with them - out of all the major run-of-the-mill burger chains they probably have the best food. I have fond memories of popping over to Carl's during the one semester I was taking classes at Pasadena City College, as they were right across the street. Their burgers are not wimpy, flat things like McDonald's or even Burger King, this stuff can fill you.
I got kicked out of PCC! xD

But the Carl's Jr. there sucks compared to the Carl's Jr. up on Rosemeade near the 24 Hour Fitness gym. Overall though I agree with you on Carl's Jr. To be honest, ALL the fast food places around Pasadena City College are bad, they don't need to do good quality work with them 'cause they got a captive audience, being next to PCC.

Tommy's is pretty good, I haven't eaten there since I was 5.

Del Taco is ok.
wrote:Carl's Jr> In-N-Out> Everything else
Augh, I forgot about In-N-Out! They're "okay", but their burgers are a bit "doughy"...

Star_Dragon
CDF Major
CDF Major

July 28th, 2011, 5:30 pm #6

McDonalds - meh, I like their fries, but their burgers (even the big mac) leave me hungrier.

Burger King - I haven't eaten there in a while, so I couldn't tell you.

Wendy's - Their burgers are *somewhat* filling, but their fries are so damn SALTY and make me thirstier (which is why I ALWAYS buy a LARGE DRINK when I get them). Believe me, I would know - I go there every friday night after work (assuming I don't get off late).

Colton's Steakhouse & Grill - HELL YA! Their burgers are EXACTLY the way I like 'em - big. VERY RARELY do I ever finish one. Their sirloin steaks are EVEN BETTER! And (get this) I work there! I get meals at discounted prices!

Subway - Always the same for me; turkey & Black Forest Ham foot-long sub with mayo and malt vinegar. YUM.

Sonic - Meh, food's kinda-sorta, but the drinks are among the largest I can get.

... that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

BallisticWaffles
CDF First Lieutenant
CDF First Lieutenant

July 28th, 2011, 5:55 pm #7

Sonic: Greatseit fast food resturant in existance. I grew up going to sonic and by god the food is great.
KFC: praise be to the colonel and his holy elven spices.

Julius Quasar
CDF General
CDF General

July 29th, 2011, 3:12 am #8

Although Johnny Rocket's is technically not "fast food", it's still pretty damn good (but pricey).

Radigal
CDF Major General
CDF Major General

July 29th, 2011, 2:32 pm #9

i have only ONE thing to comment in this thread............please oh please, be respectful to people who work in a fast food restaurant, lol.

as for favorite, WhatABurger (despite the fact I work at a McDonald's xD)

Deleted User
Deleted User

July 29th, 2011, 3:22 pm #10

McDonalds: Fries are the best and I love the iced coffees. Burgers not the best, though

Buger King: Awesome burgers, little sub par on the fries.

Wendy's: Like the burgers. Talk about a square meal.

Sonic: Love this place! Mainly go here for drinks, but I like the breakfast burritos and texas toast burgers.

Arby's: They are... okay. I like the curly fries there though.

Dairy Queen: Don't like the food as much, but the Blizzards is what I go there for.

Kentucky Friend Chicken: Eh, love the biscuits, but not really in to fried chicken much anymore.

A & W: It's alright, but haven't been there enough to really give it a grade.