Adventure Games

itsjustaaron
CDF Master Chief
CDF Master Chief

9:00 AM - Mar 06, 2011 #1

I was just curious to know who still plays around with them old point 'n click adventure games. I kinda gave up on the hunt to find a quick means to get to that game Broken Sword's full version without missing parts, but I might revisit some games I didn't finish the last time I owned the emulator to play them.

Of note, I haven't actually played a lot of these in full - either out of laziness or distractions, but I have played a few of the following:

- Simon the Sorcerer 1*
- Monkey Island I*
- Monkey Island II*
- Maniac Mansion
- Flight of the Amazon Queen*
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Ones with the asterisk are games I got far on, but lack the energy to really focus on due to my tight schedule now. xD ... but I am, one way or another.

How about you?

Icy
CDF Gunnery Sergeant
CDF Gunnery Sergeant

6:37 PM - Mar 06, 2011 #2

I've played Maniac Mansion, or one of the many remakes, for a few minutes.

I've played Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and The Last Crusade. I got near the end on both of them before giving up/losing interestÂ…
Fate of Atlantis was brilliant. And Last Crusade was very well made, and based off the movie.
Ah, those things were so fun. I should download them again. ^ ^

Point and click adventure games are great in general, though. If done right, that is. ;) (As the Monkey Island games and Indiana Jones were)

crazyfooinc
CDF Ensign
CDF Ensign

7:55 PM - Mar 06, 2011 #3

I've always liked the genre of point-and-click adventure games, but the only one I've actually had the pleasure to play was the port of Maniac Mansion on NES. Needless to say, I had quite a bit of fun with that game, of course after I figured out what to do :lol: .

itsjustaaron
CDF Master Chief
CDF Master Chief

9:17 PM - Mar 06, 2011 #4

Hehehe, oh man, the NES one is a great conversion. :D Shame that they had trouble porting it due to Nintendo's tight restrictions back then, but aside from those hiccups, it's beautiful.

*pops the hamster in the microwave*

I beat both Indy games. :D The humorous tongue-in-cheek for the Indy 3 one is too funny; but shame you couldn't get near the Atlantis one.

Lemme tell ya, it is DIFFICULT. xD ...well, for me it was.

Icy
CDF Gunnery Sergeant
CDF Gunnery Sergeant

10:00 PM - Mar 06, 2011 #5

null wrote:I beat both Indy games. The humorous tongue-in-cheek for the Indy 3 one is too funny; but shame you couldn't get near the Atlantis one.Lemme tell ya, it is DIFFICULT. xD ...well, for me it was.
Were you talking to me with that part?
In Fate of Atlantis, I got to the very end. (The long maze) And that made me give up and lose interest in it.
Last Crusade, I got near the end and ran into a game ending glitch. Couldn't pass a certain point. :(

itsjustaaron
CDF Master Chief
CDF Master Chief

10:47 PM - Mar 06, 2011 #6

Yeah. xD

Really? What was the glitch?

When you get to the maze part, towards the final temple in the middle of Atlantis, you have to remember how to connect the three stones together. I almost give up on it myself, but I started watching video guides to help me. D:

For some reason even the correct answers in Indy's guide book didn't seem to work, so I just started making random combinations with those things. Eventually I got it right.

I won't spoil the endings, but one of them is pretty funny. xD

Deleted User
Deleted User

4:24 AM - Mar 07, 2011 #7

Darby the MUTHA-FU*KIN' DRAGON!

What, I enjoyed that game as a kid ^^;

itsjustaaron
CDF Master Chief
CDF Master Chief

5:46 AM - Mar 07, 2011 #8

Holy crap, I think I remember that... xD Laurelwood had a bunch of kid's games back in the day.

I also realized I completely forgot about games Beneath the Steel Sky and Space Quest. D:

Deleted User
Deleted User

5:58 AM - Mar 07, 2011 #9

Actually, it was Borderbund.

itsjustaaron
CDF Master Chief
CDF Master Chief

7:58 AM - Mar 07, 2011 #10

I know.

Laurelwood was the name of my school. :P They had a lot of Borderbound games, but no Carmen Sandiego, which was pretty sad. xD