The forum for general discussion of whatever issues might be troubling you

Back from the dead

Aviva
Advanced Member
Aviva
Advanced Member

11 Sep 2011, 15:03 #1

Hope you're well.

I was on You Tube today and found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCItn0s9bYY. Are they Sproutnetters?
Adjacent to the gem, a diadem of pearl

Jim_Williams
Advanced Member
Jim_Williams
Advanced Member

11 Sep 2011, 15:09 #2

Hi, Aviva. Thanks to facebook, you're not such a stranger to me. :D This clip has cropped up before. I assumed they'd be Sproutnetters - not sure who they are, though. It would indeed be odd to know that there were Sprout fans who didn't use, or who weren't aware of, this forum.
I feel nothing but pride – that’s all I do feel: an empty pride, a hopeless vanity, a dreadful arrogance, a stupefyingly futile conceit. But at least it’s something to hang on to.

Jim_Williams
Advanced Member
Jim_Williams
Advanced Member

11 Sep 2011, 15:17 #3

By the way, Aviva, you're still only just outside the 'Top 10 Posters' list - number 13, in fact.
I feel nothing but pride – that’s all I do feel: an empty pride, a hopeless vanity, a dreadful arrogance, a stupefyingly futile conceit. But at least it’s something to hang on to.

Aviva
Advanced Member
Aviva
Advanced Member

11 Sep 2011, 15:17 #4

I was just curious. As you say, it would be odd if they were Lone Sprouters.

Facebook has been great for talking about music;, (anyone I know from here please feel free to friend me there).

But I've noticed it's gone quieter this year, which is a shame, as my obsession with music only seems to grow...

Aviva
Advanced Member
Aviva
Advanced Member

11 Sep 2011, 15:18 #5

13 is a good number, Jim!

qmbcole
Advanced Member
qmbcole
Advanced Member

16 Sep 2011, 18:22 #6

Wow I did not see this post, welcome back girl! It has been far too long.

Have you ever told us your opinion of LCTWWM?
I'd be very interested to hear that.
It doesn't mean a thing, if you haven't got the ability to swing...

you know who.
Advanced Member
you know who.
Advanced Member

17 Sep 2011, 22:59 #7

qmbcole @ Sep 16 2011, 06:22 PM wrote: Wow I did not see this post, welcome back girl! It has been far too long.

she's recently emerged from the grave and all you can ask is what she thinks of some shitty bit of pop music, wouldn't a better question be 'can you still orgasm in the great beyond' 'what does god look like' or 'what are the toilet facilities like' ok it's anal, but if you're spending eternity in a place it's good to know.
Priorities qmb, priorities.
i'm offended - stop talking.

the blue cave
Advanced Member
the blue cave
Advanced Member

18 Sep 2011, 01:19 #8

What's with the contempt for the album? I'm still baffled. Soon I'll find myself flinging the cd out of the window!
Anyway, welcome back Aviva.
Songs written out of necessity.

Thats Plenty
Advanced Member
Thats Plenty
Advanced Member

18 Sep 2011, 09:01 #9

you know who. @ Sep 17 2011, 10:59 PM wrote:
qmbcole @ Sep 16 2011, 06:22 PM wrote: Wow I did not see this post, welcome back girl! It has been far too long.

she's recently emerged from the grave and all you can ask is what she thinks of some shitty bit of pop music, wouldn't a better question be 'can you still orgasm in the great beyond' 'what does god look like' or 'what are the toilet facilities like' ok it's anal, but if you're spending eternity in a place it's good to know.
Priorities qmb, priorities.
You've omitted the word 'fake' and i dont mean before 'pop' !

Seriously though, i'd like to know Aviva's thoughts on LCTWWM too
Oh my God someone tell her

Aviva
Advanced Member
Aviva
Advanced Member

18 Sep 2011, 13:13 #10

The toilet facilities in the afterlife are indeed hell. I wish I could say the orgasms were heaven, but everything's all black and white here and 1940s, like in that David Niven film 'A Matter Of Life And Death', and I don't think anyone has orgasms in black and white.

Anyway, as for L < Long Acronym > M, I was present here when it was released. At the time it was exciting to hear it; I felt accepting of it's unusual circumstances, it's curious Jesusy/God-ness, it's quaint Paddy-ism, just him working alone in his kitchen without the band.

The way I feel about it now is that I keenly miss the sound of real instruments on it, especially the sound of Neil Conti drums. The 1990s style production, the unfashionable lyrics, the tinkly pop-ness can all be forgiven due to the context, but I miss the sound and energy of real rather than synthesised music.

But it's basically a demo after all, so why the angst? It'll never be a PS fan's favourite album but surely it is what it is.

you know who.
Advanced Member
you know who.
Advanced Member

19 Sep 2011, 14:41 #11

Aviva @ Sep 18 2011, 01:13 PM wrote: The toilet facilities in the afterlife are indeed hell. I wish I could say the orgasms were heaven, but everything's all black and white here and 1940s,
Sounds like you died and went to Bradford, which would actually make the M62 the road to hell, which doesn't really surprise me
i'm offended - stop talking.