Amendment/Election

June 16th, 2018, 7:57 pm #1

So it appears we have to do two things: Have a late Chief Executive election - nominations are now open, three days, blah, you know the drill - and someone better stand, because I haven't decided yet if I will. Probably not. I've been toying with the idea of contesting the next Delegate election for months now, but maybe I'll just do nothing for a while.

The other thing, which we'll do concurrently, is voting on a constitutional amendment. At some point there have been some c/p errors in the last constitutional revision, and two out of three versions on the forum, unfortunately including the one in the Law Library, are wrong. Being a very stable genius like every good head of government I have figured out the correct months in which to hold elections, so we have the four-month staggered terms we wanted, and the vote will be on amending sections 3 and 4 to read as follows:
wrote:3. At the beginning of every February, June and October, the citizens must elect a Chief Executive. Subject to the direction of the citizens, the Chief Executive may exercise all of their executive powers.

4. At the beginning of every April, August and December, the citizens must elect a Delegate. The Delegate is to serve as the World Assembly Delegate of Spiritus, and may exercise all powers inherent in that office, subject to the direction of the citizens.
Rogamark, former Chief Executive of Spiritus
___________:ahwstar: :lazarus: :paradoxia: :theblackriders: :lafrance:

[/center][/center]
[+] Spoiler
Regional Assembly Representative (10th, 11th, 12th, 13th) / Speaker of the 11th Regional Assembly
Minister of Foreign Affairs / Minister of Information and Integration - Cabinet Salaxaguy
Minister of Foreign Affairs and Information / Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs - Cabinet Roganimis
Regional Security Advisor - Cabinet Blitzfu
President of Spiritus, April 2015 - April 2016, December 2016 - February 2017
Chief Justice of Spiritus, April - October 2016
Second and last Spiritan to complete the trifecta
Rogamark the White, Steward of Spiritus, Beorning, Bree-Lander, Former Quende of the Adûnaic League, under the Westron Constitution
“If one would give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest man, I would find something in them to have him hanged.”  —  Cardinal Richelieu, 1641
"(...) muttered the old man, limping away; with which sage ejaculation he went to his hammock"—  Moby Dick

June 17th, 2018, 4:29 am #2

I stand if nobody else does, but I pledge to do nothing so be warned. :P

And if we're voting on that amendment here... Aye!
Delegate of Spiritus

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all." --Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
First (and Third (and Fifth!)) Government Official of Spiritus to be sued!
First member of Spiritus to complete the trifecta!
[+] Spoiler
· ·

:annefrank:
[+] Spoiler

Guy

June 17th, 2018, 1:19 pm #3

I may be going senile, but isn't the text identical to what we have?
wrote:<@Salaxalans> I hate potatoes

June 17th, 2018, 3:54 pm #4

The amendment says August under Delegate while the original text has June. That’s the error he’s referring to.

Aye also to the change, if need be.
Legonimis Valerius Catullianus
Lore-master of Gondor

June 19th, 2018, 11:49 pm #5

Salax has been elected by default. Congratulations, Mr. Chief Executive!
Rogamark, former Chief Executive of Spiritus
___________:ahwstar: :lazarus: :paradoxia: :theblackriders: :lafrance:

[/center][/center]
[+] Spoiler
Regional Assembly Representative (10th, 11th, 12th, 13th) / Speaker of the 11th Regional Assembly
Minister of Foreign Affairs / Minister of Information and Integration - Cabinet Salaxaguy
Minister of Foreign Affairs and Information / Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs - Cabinet Roganimis
Regional Security Advisor - Cabinet Blitzfu
President of Spiritus, April 2015 - April 2016, December 2016 - February 2017
Chief Justice of Spiritus, April - October 2016
Second and last Spiritan to complete the trifecta
Rogamark the White, Steward of Spiritus, Beorning, Bree-Lander, Former Quende of the Adûnaic League, under the Westron Constitution
“If one would give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest man, I would find something in them to have him hanged.”  —  Cardinal Richelieu, 1641
"(...) muttered the old man, limping away; with which sage ejaculation he went to his hammock"—  Moby Dick