Update: June 22, 2007

Ecliptica
Virtuoso

June 22nd, 2007, 12:18 am #1

OMG! An update?

Yes, I realize it's been nearly three months since our last update. And yes, I also realize the entire Halo 3 beta has come and gone in that time. So I feel a need to apologize for the significant lack of updates in the past little while. Although, the site's managed to keep up a good deal of activity given that we haven't had any news. Don't worry, we'll change that soon.

So, no more Halo 3 until the 25th of September. I didn't get to play the beta as much as I would have liked, but I still got a fairly good number of games in; certainly enough to have a good idea of the gameplay, and be able to compare it to the previous Halo games. Just in my own opinion, I actually liked the game in general better than Halo 2; the graphics are spectacular, the new HUD is way cool, and the games are lots of fun. I also like the addition of more detailed stats like K/D spread and individual medal counts, but I wish they'd bring accuracy information back. <_<

At any rate, I think it's pretty impressive that Bungie managed to hold everybody's interest for so long with the same exact three maps and only a few matchmaking playlist changes. Also, I heart the new needler; the degree to which it is overpowered compares to that of the Halo 1 pistol. :D

I've been having some troubles with Halo 2 matchmaking lately -- I'm unable to play several of the playlists because it locks up and tells me that I don't have all of the maps required for that playlist. However, I have all of the extra downloadable maps on my hard drive; is anybody else having this issue?

Anyways, I'll be on IRC tomorrow evening at the normal time. Hope to see you there!

~Tru7h

Stormtrooper30
Absolute Being

June 22nd, 2007, 1:53 am #2

TEH OMGZORZ!!
Teh end is upon us, an update?!?

I didnt get to play the Beta at all, so consider yourself lucky.

I havnt seen you on in ages Truth, where've ya been?

by the way, I like the new look.
Last edited by Stormtrooper30 on June 22nd, 2007, 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
So what, I'm a Star Wars geek?!?

lukey125,Nov 18 2007 wrote:
What the hell is a cheese nip?

Hobbies230
Absolute Being

June 22nd, 2007, 2:46 am #3

Tru7h wrote: I also like the addition of more detailed stats like K/D spread and individual medal counts, but I wish they'd bring accuracy information back. <_<
Could you elaborate on what all that means to us unlucky ones who didn't get the beta? :P Glad to hear that the Needler is back in action...but I hope it doesn't turn out to be overpowered in the final release.

I haven't played Halo 2 in who knows how long, so, yeah, can't say I've had trouble with it. I've been pretty bored though, so mabye I'll play some Halo 2 again.

I'll be there in IRC tomorrow...if I can remember, that is.

Ecliptica
Virtuoso

June 22nd, 2007, 5:45 am #4

Sure thing. K/D spread is basically your total kills minus your total deaths, giving you a good idea of how you played relatively to other players without focusing directly on the score. For example, somebody with 20 kills might have a -5 K/D spread which is pretty bad, whereas somebody with 15 kills might have a +10 K/D spread; so, the person with 15 kills arguably played better.

Also, you can check how many of each medal you got during the game; for example, you can see that you got four sticks and five beat-downs, instead of just "9 medals" as shown in Halo 2. Unfortunately they appear to have completely removed shots fired, shots hit, and hit percentage.

Osiris
The Czar

June 22nd, 2007, 5:53 pm #5

-Humps Tru7h for teh sexyness of teh SD-

I love you...Bear my babies...

Anyways...Nice update...took a few months but you got it down brothah.

Gigolo for sale - cash only see osy

"It is when we forget ourselves that we do things that will be remembered."

lukey125
Virtuoso

June 22nd, 2007, 6:41 pm #6

Tru7h wrote: I've been having some troubles with Halo 2 matchmaking lately -- I'm unable to play several of the playlists because it locks up and tells me that I don't have all of the maps required for that playlist. However, I have all of the extra downloadable maps on my hard drive; is anybody else having this issue?
Delete the two new maps and re-download them, you have an older version of Tombstone that was faulty due to walls that bullets could go through and walls that bullets couldn't go through. If that doesn't work delete all downloaded maps and re-download.

Thanks for the update! I'm going to be gone camping this weekend so c-ya on Monday.

Sergeant_Keslo
Veteran

June 22nd, 2007, 11:13 pm #7

The problem is that everyone is back to level one, so when I play with people who were like 30s and now 1s, I get slaughtered.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stewart Mill

MY ARMOUR IS CONTEMPT
MY SHIELD IS DISGUST
MY SWORD IS HATRED.
IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR
LET NONE SURVIVE

Stormtrooper30
Absolute Being

June 23rd, 2007, 2:08 am #8

Sergeant_Keslo wrote: The problem is that everyone is back to level one, so when I play with people who were like 30s and now 1s, I get slaughtered.
You cant beat the 30's? Cmon now Keslo, I used to be a 42.
So what, I'm a Star Wars geek?!?

lukey125,Nov 18 2007 wrote:
What the hell is a cheese nip?

mstewie08
The Czar

June 23rd, 2007, 2:31 am #9

GASP. site.....update??????what the crap is going on.........nice to see our fearless leader hasnt abandoned us though. he was just researching the future. brilliant chap. lolz

^new one. go ps3 w00t lol.

Ecliptica
Virtuoso

June 30th, 2007, 4:01 am #10

lukey125 wrote:
Tru7h wrote: I've been having some troubles with Halo 2 matchmaking lately -- I'm unable to play several of the playlists because it locks up and tells me that I don't have all of the maps required for that playlist. However, I have all of the extra downloadable maps on my hard drive; is anybody else having this issue?
Delete the two new maps and re-download them, you have an older version of Tombstone that was faulty due to walls that bullets could go through and walls that bullets couldn't go through. If that doesn't work delete all downloaded maps and re-download.

Thanks for the update! I'm going to be gone camping this weekend so c-ya on Monday.
If I do that do I get charged again?