Temporary Board Suggestions

Kat

Jun 10 2013, 05:37 AM #1

I'd like to open it up to the members of soulmate: what kind of temporary boards would you like to see?

While I can't promise using all suggestions, i'd love to hear what you have to say. Right now we have Summer Fest. What should we have for August?

Jun 12 2013, 02:52 AM #2

Okay these are suggestions. So no one complain.

Arts Festival- Where people gather to celebrate anything that requires creativity. Like authors could come and sell their books. Artists with their art. Um musicians can have a free live performance. Bakery and cooks can serve the food. Their could be demos for how to do one thing, like basket weaving, sewing, how to get a certain look in a painting.

National Heroes Festival- Celebrating cops, firefighters, soldiers, and anyone else who is risking their life to keep everyone else safe. Their could be competitions between the fire and police department, like who could eat the most pie, or something to that affect.

Mariet Day- Okay so maybe this probably isn't a good forum idea, but its an idea. We could have a softball league, with team names and everything. Tractor pulls for the kids. Bingo for everyone. We could even have a parade where everyone shows how good they are at building a float. We could also have that... um.... water balloon fight.

Sep 20 2013, 08:20 PM #3

BIO | SHIP | TRACK

Dec 8 2013, 04:20 AM #4

What events would you like to see in the new year? Last year we did a charity beach festival, a ball, a natural disaster, a haunted house party.

I'd like to know, what does soulmate want to see? If you have ideas, let us know! If you'd like to see repeats of something we can do that too!

Dec 8 2013, 05:30 AM #5

I think since it's Louisiana another natural disaster wouldn't be ridiculous. Hurricanes goes through that state all the time. Other ideas I have are New Year's Party, Valentines Day Ball, Saint Patrick's Day party (maybe find a way to include leprechauns or something), Mardi Gras, Easter Egg hunt, beach party, haunted woods or haunted house..

aaaaaand that's all I got..
[color=000000]CREE RYLEIGH EVERHART

DANCER AT THE DOLLHOUSE | 25 | SINGLE | PARTY GIRL
BEAR & KUJO ♥
siggy©Jericha of Truth in Cliche
[/color]

Dec 9 2013, 01:42 AM #6

^I actually really like the natural disaster idea too. Might be an interesting way to push people together in an unusual situation, have them work together and all that. It doesn't even have to be something dramatic like a hurricane...with global warming, maybe they get an unusual amount of snow or something, and the town really isn't equipped to deal with it, so people could get stranded places? For example... Or maybe there's a high-risk criminal on the loose or something, or a disease breaks out rapidly...? Shortage of medical supplies?

Holiday events are always fun, too. :) Maybe an event with the blind date/online dating service or something?

``App``Plot with me!! ``Tracker
^porcelain doll of shadowplay

Dec 9 2013, 04:58 AM #7

Ooh disease and high risk criminal sounds really fun! For the disease, I know a way to determine who gets it and who doesn't. That would add a whole new spin for drama in Mariet. xD

Hahaha snow in Louisiana.. could you imagine? Oh lordy they'd be all AHHH WHAT IS THIS WHITE COLD STUFF FALLING FROM THE SKY!!! xD
[color=000000]CREE RYLEIGH EVERHART

DANCER AT THE DOLLHOUSE | 25 | SINGLE | PARTY GIRL
BEAR & KUJO ♥
siggy©Jericha of Truth in Cliche
[/color]

Dec 9 2013, 05:26 AM #8

In regards to the natural disaster idea: I don't know if earthquakes would ever happen, but what could be done is people submit their names/characters and two/three random characters get paired up and are at _____ location. So Susie and Bob are at the grocery store/in an elevator/hospital etc and then that's the basis for the thread! Gives a bit of a push into a set up thread? Just an idea I had :)

Dec 9 2013, 05:31 AM #9

we've recently done blind dates for the charity dance. That was only a few months ago. we'll see how things go in the spring.

Natural disaster is on our list of things to do so don't worry. sometime in 2014 i will see about making something happen.

Dec 9 2013, 03:07 PM #10

Puts her vote on mardi gras.

Dec 9 2013, 09:19 PM #11

Back to the natural disaster thing, it has actually snowed in Louisiana a few times, mainly in the coastal regions. The conditions have to be right but they have seen it within the last five years. It wouldn't be freak blizzard, but I think it would be cool to see like pipes being frozen, icy bridges and what not. Could be fun.

Kat

Dec 10 2013, 07:44 AM #12

ooh fascinating! that sounds fun. half of the folks there wouldn't know what to do with snow.

Confirmation of reply: