Dec 26 2013, 08:53 PM #16

It made absolutely perfect sense for the two of them to get to know a little more about each other before they went into the Shack; for who knows how the night would end and what awkward things would be said. It was best that they knew a little more about each other before that occurred. "Well, uhm, I'm a musician. I play the guitar and sing." Oddly, she didn't have her guitar with her at the moment, but she usually carried it everywhere with her. Perhaps she thought that a cemetery wasn't the best place to bring her precious instrument.

"I'm from... Princeton, New Jersey..." That much was probably pretty obvious since Jamie stated already that it was where her brother had been put to rest. She called Princeton home and it was difficult leaving there to come to Mariet, but she knew it was the right thing to do, and her brother would have wanted her to be happy and successful. "I also work at Ink & Needles... As a Tattoo Artist." She was probably more of an apprentice, being as she was still somewhat new at it, but she was getting better and really enjoying the work. "What about you?"

Jamie didn't really have that many dark secrets, or really many secrets at all. She wasn't exactly an open book though; she kept to herself most of the time unless she was with people she trusted or were friendly with. Of course once alcohol got introduced then all bets were off, so it was going to be interesting how things played out between Jamie and Iollan. There weren't any presumptions or ulterior motives; Jamie was just going to have some drinks with her new drinking buddy and whatever road they went down together would be the road they'd travel. Period.

Jan 1 2014, 10:36 PM #17

Jan 2 2014, 12:50 AM #18

Jamie hadn't really thought too far ahead with where things would lead with regards to Iollan; from the sounds of it, it just sounded like the man needed a little bit of companionship and perhaps just someone to talk to. She knew, though, what effects alcohol could potentially have on her. She was unaware of how it could or would affect Iollan, but she was open to at least going to the Shack with him and drinking some, talking some, and however the evening ended would be whatever it be. Today had been a seemingly difficult day for Jamie in regards to thinking about her brother, and so she figured that Iollan was going through the same problem today, and so they'd both benefit from a little bit of companionship.

It was true that Jamie hadn't really had that much of a troubled life; in fact the only real tragedy that she'd had was losing her brother; everything else went fine throughout her life. Of course now was a different story; she'd been struggling financially and with her career, but she was trying to keep her head up. Occasionally, she'd slip and let herself get carried into some dim, dark place within herself, but then it seemed that her brother would come and rescue her, giving her the proverbial kick in the seat of her pants.

"Sounds like a plan. I'm there most afternoons; sometimes I'm there til closing." She was still considering herself a relatively new artist, but she was definitely improving her skills. Some of the other artists (one particular in mind) hadn't really taken a liking to her, but Jamie was slowly working on that relationship (in more ways than one). It definitely made Jamie smile to hear that if Iollan went in to get another tattoo, she'd be the one he'd goto.

"I've only seen pictures of Ireland. Being a guidance counselor? Wow... I bet that can be tough sometimes, but rewarding too. Helping people, especially young teens." Jamie looked over at Iollan from time to time, then looked forward, slowly but surely seeing the sign for the Shack in the distance; they were definitely getting close.