Next Stop: New Beginnings

Dec 27 2013, 01:13 AM #1

Farrah Elizabeth Kethler stepped off of the train, her red leather handbag clutched tightly in her right hand. She was finally here, Mariet, Lousiana. Gently, she took a breath of the sweet, warm air. Everything smelled and looked much better than the atmosphere back at Carnegie. This had been a good choice, to move here and start the next chapter of her life. Suddenly, her cell phone rang. She pulled it out of her pocket and glanced at the caller id, though she didn't need to. She knew who it was: Mom. Quickly, she slide her finger across the screen to answer the call. "Hello, mother.... Yes, I made it her just fine. Just stepped off the train in fact.... Oh Dad is there too... Yes, go ahead and put him on... Hello, Dad... Yes. I remembered to pack my-- I know dad. I won't forget to-- Dad, you worry to much. I am fine... Alright. Alright. I am going to let you go. I will call you in a bit... Yes, Yes, I love you too. Good bye." She shook her head as she slipped the phone back into the pocket of her maroon coat. They always worried too much, but she loved that about them. Slowly, she made her way off the platform, ready to make her way into the next chapter. It was about time she got to turn the page.