Color my world.

8:11 PM - Jan 02, 2014 #1

River wasn't a virgin when it came to going under the needle of a tattoo gun. In fact he had decent amount of work though all of it was centralized to the the one half sleeve he had. Given his line of work he tried to not have such a wide arrangement of tattoos over his body. If people remembered him that was usually a bad thing and it was a lot easier to pin point someone out if they had say, a blue mermaid on their upper arm or something. Hence the half sleeve. It was nice and tidy for a tattoo and even if he happened to be wearing a short sleeved t-shirt most of the brightly colored ink was hidden by the material of the shirt.

But he wanted something to commemorate his move. He was a long way from home now, away from everything he knew and honestly he was more excited about the idea of starting fresh in a new place rather than being afraid. Hell his love life couldn't be any worse here than it was back home. After all you couldn't minus from nothing right? At least that was what he told himself. In a very bad pep talk kind of way. He shook his head as he went on another mental tangent. He really needed to stop doing that honestly.

He reached out and tugged open the door. It was a little past two in the afternoon so he was hoping that not to many people would be milling about wanting a tattoo themselves. Honestly he didn't even know what he wanted but he knew it wasn't going to be any flash that was created for anyone wanting a tattoo to pick. His sleeve was custom tailored to him so he saw no reason for his next tattoo to not be tailored to him. He just had to figure out what he wanted, though he had a good idea about part in a vague way, and where he actually wanted it at. Even though he had no plans on picking a piece of flash off the way he still managed to wander that way naturally.

Honestly tattoo studios weren't that different from the ones back home. Mind you this is the first one he had set foot into since hitting US soil but he thought it was most likely a good example of how a clean well run studio looked. It actually made him a feel a lot more comfortable. Which was an interesting thing to consider since he usually felt more at home at a diner or a bar. He was studying a rose wrapped cross when he became aware of the fact he was no longer along in the waiting area of the tattoo studio. He glanced over his shoulder to take another look around wondering if he had missed someone that had already been here or if someone managed to walk in behind him and he didn't notice the door opening.

10:48 PM - Jan 05, 2014 #2

Kevin... was lost. Utterly and completely lost. How was a man with his tactical and navigational skills lost? Because he'd thought it'd be a good idea to go scouting around his new stomping grounds without knowing where he was going. It'd be easy, right? He'd see the local sights, make note of places of interest, then use his phone's GPS to get himself back to his hotel room. Simple, right? Wrong! Having only been in town about twenty-four hours, his phone had overheated itself with those pesky updates these damned newfangled phones tended to press upon themselves whenever you happened to take a step outside your usual turf. And, since Kevin had literally taken a walk on turf halfway across the country from his usual neighborhood... well... it'd used up a lot of juice really fast and died. Wouldn't have been a problem if he'd had a spare charger with him, but he didn't. He'd walked rather than taking the rental he'd snagged. So... yeah. He was lost.

Not only that, it was hot as the hobs of hell outside -at least, in comparison to the present Portland weather- and he was exhausted because of it. This was worse than Texas had been. So! What did he do? Kevin decided to pop into the next business he spotted, pretending he wasn't about to collapse. Any locals probably would've called him a wuss for thinking it was just a touch too warm out, but they could all go step outside in his hometown and then tell him he was being a baby. Anyway, he was glad for the air-conditioning, even if the strong scent of rubbing alcohol and other such sanitary chemicals assaulted his nostrils. The place looked... reputable. Nice artwork all around. Now, if he could just find someone to give directions. Or maybe a charge... Not wanting to disturb any of the clientele, he simply walked up to the counter, hoping someone would come out to help him. He wasn't in the market for a tattoo, so he hoped they wouldn't be too miffed.

11:21 PM - Jan 05, 2014 #3

He flicked eyes over yet another panel of flash when the sound of the door got his attention. Though it was a piece of flash and nothing he would ever actually get himself as he wanted something custom made and sketched up before his eyes he had to admit whoever drew the pieces had a lot of artistic talent. He did manage to drag his eyes away from the flash though long enough to take in the sight of a very lost looking guy wandering in. He instantly checked him out, he was a guy after all and he liked checking out other guys before deciding to take pity on him.

He wandered away from the flash he was looking towards the counter where the guy was now standing. "You here for a tattoo or directions?" He grinned and tilted his head to the side. It was one of the things he could do. Make a guess like that based purely off how the guy looked. It was something that made his current job much much easier. He couldn't notice that the guy looked a little over heated. Which was odd given he thought it was slightly chilled outside but not warm. "If I'm wrong just don't pay me any mind honestly. But if I'm right well welcome to Mariet? I'm River. I could possibly help you with directions but I honestly haven't been here very long at all myself."

11:35 PM - Jan 05, 2014 #4

Kevin's cheeks managed to flush a bit with embarrassment when a gentleman approached and quite aptly categorized his dilemma. Was it that obvious? Ah, well. He wasn't so prideful as to turn down a helping hand, when that was exactly what he had come in here for. One hand lifted to absently rub at the back of his neck, the universal sign of 'I'm feeling rather sheepish', while the other extended in offerance of thanks and greeting to the stranger with the... interesting accent. Easily recognizable, and intriguing. What could he say? He had a thing for accents... "Eh... yeah, lost is the word for it. Name's Kevin; nice to meet you, River."

The Special Agent was feeling specially moronic over the whole thing, inwardly kicking himself for A) Not having made sure his phone was fully charged when he'd set out that morning, B) Not grabbing a map or something to keep him from getting lost, and C) Not having a charger with him. Amongst other things. "I just flew in yesterday and thought I'd take a look around town... I guess I was a bit over-eager." Yeah, he was feeling pretty embarrassed. He hated being lost; it just wasn't natural. Plus... with all his training, he ought to have known better. Way to go, Kev.

12:05 AM - Jan 06, 2014 #5

When the other guy raised his hand to rub at the back of his neck he was completely sure he had called it right. He knew that gesture. It was one he was prone to doing when he felt like things were way over his head or he was struggling with something sometimes. He wasn't the kind of person to hold something like that against the guy. Hell he expected to get lost himself before long. So maybe he could get karma on his side by offering to help this poor, but very attractive, guy.

He shook the hand that was offered to him and gave an honest smile. "Nice to meet you Kevin." He let his hand linger just a little longer than he really needed to before putting his hands down at his side and giving Kevin his full attention to see if he could help with him directions or anything. "I think I beat you by half a day then." He offered an amused grin before shoving his hands into his pockets. "So where were you trying to go? Somewhere specific or are you trying to make your way home after a long day of exploring?"

2:40 AM - Jan 06, 2014 #6

The guy had a nice grip -and a nice smile. Kevin felt a little better already just for those two factors... though, why, he wasn't sure. One little-known fact about Kevin was that... well... he'd had veeeeery little experience on the matter of... er... relationships, intimacy, you name it. Hell, until his buddy Jon had chosen to pounce him while they were working together in Texas, he'd never so much as batted a lash at a single person; man or woman. The experience they'd had was still the only one he'd had to this day. So, the fact that he was feeling the tiniest flutterings in his belly just because some guy with an accent smiled at him... was, frankly, weird. Well. Not weird, just... new.

Anyway! He blinked those thoughts away, as they weren't presently relevant, and managed to smile back without blushing. He refused; it wasn't something tough guys were supposed to do... right? Who cared, he wasn't supposed to be thinking about that. Kev rolled his shoulders in an effort to relieve the tension his train of thought had brought in, sighing softly. "Half a day? When did you roll in, then? Oh wait, that's probably none of my business." He cleared his throat lightly in apology for being nosy.

The question of where he wanted to go was definitely a welcome distraction and he chuckled, dragging a hand through his thick blonde hair. "I've been traipsing all over town since about 8am; I should probably think about getting back to my hotel so I can get some lunch." Right on queue, his belly rumbled and he gave another sheepish glance. "Yeah, lunch. That'd be good." Getting his thoughts in order, he rattled out the name of the hotel he was staying in and the cross-street he remembered spying as he'd left it. He had no idea if he was way on the other side of town from it or right around the corner, sadly. "Forgot to charge my phone and those damned automatic updates ate up what juice was left of the battery since I'm in a new town and... yeah. So. No GPS."

3:22 AM - Jan 06, 2014 #7

"He gave it a thought as he shook Kevin's hand then let go. Honestly he hadn't beaten Kevin into Mariet b by very much so him offering to show him around kind of had that 'blind leading the blind' feel to it. Not that he'd say it out loud. Plus he had that map app on his phone if he wanted to at least pretend to half way know the area. "I got in two days ago myself. Flight over. Then drove myself from the New Orleans airport to here and well the rest is history honestly."

He offered a laugh than waved at Kevin. "Oh that's totally fine. I mean I walked up to you as a complete stranger to ask you a question so it's totally fine if you want to ask me questions back. After all it's how strangers turn into friends right? Or you know get restraining orders, either way." He laughed and offered a grin to show he was teasing the other guy. That he didn't mean the restraining order part at least.

He blinked and nodded,. "Yeah I know that place actually. Lucky for you we happen to run across a place to eat on the way there." He offered a nod and a grin at Kevin's stomach which had just finished making noises . He knew a hungry stomach when he heard one after all. "Lunch on me? My treat. I mean since you're one of the first people I've really talked to since getting here?"