a difficult simple task.

Nov 12 2013, 07:26 PM #1

Dec 11 2013, 05:35 AM #2

Grocery shopping was something that Jayden absolutely hated doing. Usually, he'd just get his secretary to do it for him and give her a little extra pay in return for the favor. However, this day when he asked her if she'd be able to run to the store to get him his bi-weekly installment of food, she responded with I can't keep enabling you or you'll never learn. Enabling? What exactly was it that Jayden needed to learn? He had a very demanding job. Food, while being necessary for survival, didn't seem like the skill you needed to actually buy it properly was as necessary.

The man decided he would just get some meat, some cheese...maybe eggs? This is complicated. As if Jay knew what he was going to want to eat over the course of the next two weeks. His secretary always seemed to do such a great job, though. Staring at the freezer in the meat isle, the man let out a barely audible groan before noticing another man who seemed to be browsing for meat as well.

"Sorry, man, but do you know if there's really a difference between a pound of lean beef and a pound of just regular beef?" When he heard it come out of his mouth, Jayden realized how dumb he probably sounded to the other man. He shook his head, "My staff usually does this for me, but she decided today that she was enabling me or something."

He realized that what he had just said would probably make him sound like some spoiled guy, which wasn't far from the truth at all. However, he just didn't care. All Jayden wanted was to get out of the grocery store. The sound of dated top 40 hits playing over the speaker, carts being pushed and feet eagerly shuffling towards whatever sale was beginning to freak him out a little. Maybe he should just grab both kinds of beef and a carton of cigarettes and call it good. Who needs cheese or eggs? Real men only need meat! ...that would've been a lot easier than humiliating himself in front of some stranger in the midst of his confusion, anyway. Emotionally speaking, at least.