MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

August 19th, 2017, 4:45 am #271

To clarify: the game also ends if we mislynch, of course. But I'd rather lose to "we guessed wrong" than to "we literally could not get it together enough to lynch a single player for the entire game."

Cicada Days
Winner

August 19th, 2017, 4:52 am #272

ugh effort

But okay I'll try to put together my own brief thoughts. Like maybe as a group we can best fit a lynch somehow? Like whoever is the closest to most suspicious on average.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
"C'mon! It's just a prank, bro."

- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4
Unofficial Theme : 'When it's clear to everybody I'm always the last to know.'
Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
[+] Spoiler
Character Relationships (no longer updated)
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
"And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
- Memories - 1 2 3 4 5 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 - Sadie Hawkins - 1 2
[+] Spoiler
"Hope that's good enough."
- Arsenal - Bag of dried chipotle chilies (LOST)
- Island - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 - Sadie Hawkins -
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Arsenal - The 'Man Catcher' (LOST)
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1
Sprite credit to Fenris (Ben Fields) and Yugikun (Tina Luz).

Randomness
Player

August 19th, 2017, 8:37 am #273

I'd advocate a massclaim at this point. Town has zero options without information and this is the best way to ensure there is more pn the table.
"I have the heart of a young boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk" -- Stephen King
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G040 - Amanda Tan
Pregame 1-2
Island 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-END

B039 - Jordan Green
Pregame 1
Island 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-END
[+] Spoiler
DECEASED Stephanie Wright
DECEASED Grace Faraday
It's the Grand Map of Doom! v6

Cicada Days
Winner

August 21st, 2017, 12:36 am #274

Hm okay so I went back and looked at the first day phase again and my personal observations are something like...

So we have a rough two instigator-y parties now that Yugi was killed to death, or at least we had them on the first day. Random (who got a bit quiet on the second/third day besides playing a sort of shepherd-y 'hey everyone I am ur mom do shit instead of sitting around' role) and Murder who did, well, the stuff he always probably does in these games. But something I saw a trend of was Murder actually being a bit all over the place with his suspicions. Started with me, moved onto CBP during the whole CBP/Cicada debacle on the latter half of Day 1, went onto a bit of Yugi eyeing on Day 2, and the thing is this actually exon orates him a bit in my eyes? The lack of consistency in pushing a target when people like me and CBP possibly had trains going on them that could have killed an extra town early on makes me think he legit doesn't have the meta info Mafia is supposed to have.

I'm also a bit extra suspicious of Random now, just because his behavior if anything seems to be a bit opportunistic 'draw no attention by dedicating myself to a role but still quietly prod things to set them in motion'. Deamon is a bit similar but less generally active, but that could be explained if they decided in collusion and via 33000 emails that only one person would be pushing a narrative? Still I think he doesn't put off signs in particular. If I had to rank my 'must kill to death' lists right now I'd go...

0. cicada must die
1. Murderweasel/Randomness
2. Deamon
3. Primrosette (strictly because I'm sure at least one Mafia is a barely active member just holding on with minimal posting to not draw attention tbh, but this is totally unfounded)
4. CBP
5. i forget who else is in this mafia but the rest of them
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
[+] Spoiler
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
"And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
[+] Spoiler
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1

Cicada Days
Winner

August 21st, 2017, 12:36 am #275

Hm okay so I went back and looked at the first day phase again and my personal observations are something like...

So we have a rough two instigator-y parties now that Yugi was killed to death, or at least we had them on the first day. Random (who got a bit quiet on the second/third day besides playing a sort of shepherd-y 'hey everyone I am ur mom do shit instead of sitting around' role) and Murder who did, well, the stuff he always probably does in these games. But something I saw a trend of was Murder actually being a bit all over the place with his suspicions. Started with me, moved onto CBP during the whole CBP/Cicada debacle on the latter half of Day 1, went onto a bit of Yugi eyeing on Day 2, and the thing is this actually exon orates him a bit in my eyes? The lack of consistency in pushing a target when people like me and CBP possibly had trains going on them that could have killed an extra town early on makes me think he legit doesn't have the meta info Mafia is supposed to have.

I'm also a bit extra suspicious of Random now, just because his behavior if anything seems to be a bit opportunistic 'draw no attention by dedicating myself to a role but still quietly prod things to set them in motion'. Deamon is a bit similar but less generally active, but that could be explained if they decided in collusion and via 33000 emails that only one person would be pushing a narrative? Still I think he doesn't put off signs in particular. If I had to rank my 'must kill to death' lists right now I'd go...

0. cicada must die
1. Murderweasel/Randomness
2. Deamon
3. Primrosette (strictly because I'm sure at least one Mafia is a barely active member just holding on with minimal posting to not draw attention tbh, but this is totally unfounded)
4. CBP
5. i forget who else is in this mafia but the rest of them
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1

Cicada Days
Winner

August 21st, 2017, 12:38 am #276

rip the double post BUT I MEANT IT TWICE
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

August 21st, 2017, 7:09 am #277

Doubly important info.

I mean lurking mafia seems most likely at this point
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
[+] Spoiler
Kimiko Kao - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯
Travis "Trav" Lynch - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Ω
[+] Spoiler
Gray Emerson - "No. We don't follow."
Yasmin "Yaz" Carroll - "I don't really have a plan anymore."
Christopher Harlin - "You can look me in the eyes and shoot me."

Cicada Days
Winner

August 21st, 2017, 9:01 am #278

Yeah it seems like it's not too much of a risk to try a lynch of a lurker if we can't actually come to a consensus otherwise? Like MW said before better to go out with a bang.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1

Primrosette
Winner

August 21st, 2017, 9:51 am #279

Yeah, you can lynch me. I have not been keeping up in this game.
Their Time Is gone wrote:
[+] Spoiler
V6
B030 - Brendan Harte: "F-Family..... Thank you, thank you, t-thank.... you, Alba, Jon...."
G014 - Scarlett McAfee: "I always liked you, y-you know...?"
G044 - Maria Cucinotta (Adopted): "Hah..."
[+] Spoiler
Emmett Bunnell: Artistic Loner
Violet Quinn: Quiet Goth

[+] Spoiler
Travis Levenson: 'Me? Nice? Please! You're being delusional...'
Tia Sullivan: 'This is a complete waste of my time....'
Molly Doe: 'Why don't we just get with the party lovers and have a crazy, wild experience?'
Ravan Sharpe: 'Uh.... H-Hi.'

Randomness
Player

August 21st, 2017, 12:19 pm #280

Deamon is pushing for an inactive lynch at a point where bussing is a waste of time.

Lynching an inactive person is normally only done for lack of other choices, but we have a situation where a small number of votes will decide the game.

Pushing for this easy argument against a group of people that are unlikely to argue back rubs me the wrong way.

I'm willing to take Deamon as the likeliest scum alternative.
"I have the heart of a young boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk" -- Stephen King
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G040 - Amanda Tan
Pregame 1-2
Island 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-END

B039 - Jordan Green
Pregame 1
Island 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-END
[+] Spoiler
DECEASED Stephanie Wright
DECEASED Grace Faraday
It's the Grand Map of Doom! v6

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

August 21st, 2017, 2:17 pm #281

Point out where I have even so much as done what you've just said
Bret Carter - On a date
Arizona - Practicing
[+] Spoiler
Kimiko Kao - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯
[+] Spoiler

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

August 21st, 2017, 2:22 pm #282

Primrosette wrote:Yeah, you can lynch me. I have not been keeping up in this game.
Yeah kinda don't want to since we may lose if we just lynch you for no reason
Bret Carter - On a date
Arizona - Practicing
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

August 21st, 2017, 5:27 pm #283

Randomness' most recent post feels weird to me--it's a slight variant on the chainsaw defense; rather than turn on the accuser (Cicada) it's a "Oh, but Deamon's done this scummy thing!" I can see the rationale behind it, but I also don't think it quite gels with what he's said; his specific statement was:
Deamon wrote:Doubly important info.

I mean lurking mafia seems most likely at this point
Randomness reads this as:
Randomness wrote:Deamon is pushing for an inactive lynch at a point where bussing is a waste of time.
A few things are weird with that. 1. Deamon's pushing a lurker not on the basis of "kill dead weight" but on the basis of "I think scum is lurking." This might or might not be a good assumption (I really want to hear more on it), but it's certainly no "prune the inactives." Representing it as such feels to me like spin. 2. The use of the word "busing" just throws me a bit. Busing is almost always used to refer to scum dumping other scum for credibility. It doesn't really have any relevance here that I can find, but moves the statement into scummier waters linguistically, either by suggesting some sort of innate scuminess or as some bizarre Freudian slip.

Another unfortunate thing: If there are townies among the low-activity, there's a solid chance that wrecks the potential to get a lynch in general, which is bad news. Prim, if you wouldn't mind, would you be willing to at least take a gander at the thread before the phase ends and vote the same way as CBP? We've already established why CBP's vote is hugely important, and i think this is the most reasonable way to handle low activity folks right now.

Full breakdown when a bit more awake; work gave me a rough time over the weekend.

CrossbowPig
Contender

August 21st, 2017, 6:39 pm #284

I know that if I lock in a tentative vote I could probably shift this conversation one way or another, but then again I don't know exactly who I'm most suspicious of and for what reason. Prim being inactive is the easiest thing for me to follow, but the analytics of Cicada and MurderWeasel are both persuasive in their own right - to say nothing of the exposition that has yet to drop. Consider me a fence-sitter for the time being.
~~~~~ Creativity's Burning Pyre ~~~~~
[+] Spoiler
- Violet Schmidt: "Well, sure, I guess I can try and help with that. Ever read Corpus Hermetica? It'll make understanding this easier." Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Pregame-3

- Lucas Diaz: "I'd apologize, but I don't want to dig things up all over again, y'know?" Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Max Rudolph: "What the people need is a common banner under which to unite. It might not be what you want, but the fact of the matter is..." Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Liberty "Bert" Wren: "At eight? Let me see if that fits into my schedule. Been real busy lately." Facebook, Pregame-1
[+] Spoiler
/ - G051: Lili Williams: "Stop..." Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9, Island-10, Island-11, Island-12, Island-13, Island-14, Island-15, Island-16, Island-17, Island-18, Island-19.

/ - B043: Arthur Bernstein: "I...I'll...I'll..." Memory-1, Meanwhile-2, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Meanwhile-1
[+] Spoiler
- insert of lucky br8k!!!!!!!!
- insert of O.B. - white kid who is involved in politics and has divorced rich parents and issues with feeling emotions
- self-styled detective
- normie
- lou reed doing a gay voice
- insert of F.G.D. - black kid who wears a pizza hat and plays trumpet
- cute thing
- Darl from As I Lay Dying
- insert of A.B. my dorkass little brother who fancies himself a linguist and gets on my nerves
- good lives make bad stories
- insert of N.T. another floutist because I havent done one of those already
- hillbilly
- someone who doesnt "have a good time making allies" as an advantage
- pine barrens monster from the family that has a ghost butler
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again
- insert of K.D. a pianist and if you thought bert was smol, hohohohoho

Cicada Days
Winner

August 21st, 2017, 10:53 pm #285

I don't think I like the idea of linking Prim's vote to any specific voter, even if that voter is confirmed Town. If we can't reach a plurality/majority then the vote is wasted anyways. Could we just ask Prim to vote to lynch when we reach a vote threshold, on whoever that may be?
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1