Worm Mafia Fallout Thread

Zetsumodernista
Contender

August 28th, 2017, 3:30 am #1

Welp, that's the game. While I do think there are some things I definitely could've balanced better, town did basically hand scum the game by no-lynching every day (that, and the game was, if anything, town-sided).

Role PM's:
[+] Spoiler
You don’t know who you are or who your friends are anymore. You still have your powers and your imperative, though. You are the TOWN DOCTOR. Each night, you may PM me to protect a single player besides yourself. The protected player will be granted immunity to a single, regular nightkill for that night only.

You have your voice, your vote, your powers, and you win when all threats to town have been eliminated. Good luck.

The game thread is here.
[+] Spoiler
You don’t know who you are or who your friends are anymore. You still have your powers and your imperative, though. You are the TOWN JACK-OF-ALL-TRADES. Each night, you may PM me to use only one of the following actions. Each action is usable only once throughout the entire game. Should your action fail for any reason, it will still be considered expended.

Nightkill: You may PM me to attempt to kill a single player.

Watch: You may PM me to watch a single player in the game. At the end of the night, I will PM you a list of the players who visited that player that night.

Roleblock: You may PM me to roleblock a single player. All actions attempted by the player that night will fail.

You have your voice, your vote, your powers, and you win when all threats to town have been eliminated. Good luck.

The game thread is here.
[+] Spoiler
You don’t know who you are or who your friends are anymore. You still have your powers and your imperative, though. You are the TOWN TRACKER. Each night, you may PM me to track a single player. At the end of the night, I will PM you the names of all the players your target visited that night.

The game thread is here.
[+] Spoiler
You don’t know who you are or who your friends are anymore. You still have your powers and your imperative, though. You are the TOWN 2-SHOT COP. Each night, you may PM me to investigate a single player. At the end of the night, I will PM you with the alignment of your target. Keep in mind that I might not be entirely truthful. You may only investigate 2 players throughout the entire game. Should an investigation fail, it will still be considered expended.

The game thread is here.
[+] Spoiler
You don’t know who you are or who your friends are anymore. You still have your powers and your imperative, though. You are the TOWN BUS DRIVER. Each night, you may PM me to choose 2 players (including yourself) and swap their places. All actions directed at Player 1 will be redirected to Player 2, and vice versa.

The game thread is here.
[+] Spoiler
You don’t know who you are or who your friends are anymore. You still have your powers and your imperative, though. You are the TOWN MASONIZED LOVER. You know that CrossBowPig is town, and you may speak to him here for the duration of the game. Should CrossBowPig die, you will die at the end of the following phase.

The game thread is here.
[+] Spoiler
You don’t know who you are or who your friends are anymore. You still have your powers and your imperative, though. You are the TOWN MASONIZED LOVER. You know that Riki is town, and you may speak to him here for the duration of the game. Should Riki die, you will die at the end of the following phase.

The game thread is here.
[+] Spoiler
You don’t know who you are or who your friends are anymore. You still have your powers and your imperative, though. You are the TOWN JAILKEEPER. Each night, you may PM me to jail a single player besides yourself. All actions attempted by the jailed player that night will fail. In addition, the jailed player will be granted immunity from a single, regular nightkill, for that night only.

The game thread is here.
[+] Spoiler
You don’t know who you are or who your friends are anymore. You still have your powers and your imperative, though. You are the TOWN 1-SHOT BULLETPROOF. Throughout the game, you will be passively granted protection from a single, regular nightkill. Should you be targeted by a nightkill, this protection will be removed.

The game thread is here.
[+] Spoiler
Well, you just despise blank slates with a burning passion, don’t you? You heard that interesting things were happening in this fine rusted-out shell of a city, and you just couldn’t resist stopping by. So many nteresting people for you to take apart and figure out what makes them tick. And they haven’t disappointed you, no no no. On the contrary, one of them has challenged you to a game, and the terms were just so intriguing that you just had to browbeat your entire team into playing it with you. It’ll be a challenge, of course. But isn’t that your carrot anyways?

You are Jack Slash, MAFIA ASCETIC NEIGHBORIZER. All actions directed at you will fail, except for kills. In addition, every night, you may PM me to neighborize any player in the game besides your teammate. Players who have been neighborized will be given a quicktopic chat, which you can use to talk to them for the rest of the game. Neighborhoods will be kept separate, i.e., every player you neighborize will receive their own quicktopic chat.

The scum quicktopic is here. Your teammate is MW: Siberian, the Bulletproof Strongman Roleblocker. You can be sure that town does not have a neighborizer or a roleblocker. You have your voice, your vote, your powers, your factional nightkill, and you win when at least half the game consists of members of the mafia. Good luck.

The game thread is here.
[+] Spoiler
You almost never speak, but your presence is nevertheless unmistakable. I mean, a nude zebra-striped woman is kind of hard to miss, y’know? That and the fact that you’re simultaneously an unstoppable force and an immovable object with the capacity to sow death and destruction wherever you go. You’re not just some boring implacable killing machine, though. You’ve committed yourself to the idea of being an animal, a beast who’ll never be able to fit into society. A monster. A hunter. And Brockton Bay is just full of prey for you to toy with.

You are The Siberian, MAFIA BULLETPROOF STRONGMAN ROLEBLOCKER. You are completely immune to nightkills, and you may PM me each night to roleblock a single player. That night, all actions taken by that player will fail. In addition, should you perform your faction’s nightkill, it can penetrate protection. Should you perform the nightkill, you may not use your roleblock that night. Should you be the last remaining member of your faction, you may opt to send in a regular nightkill and roleblock on the same night.

The scum quicktopic is here. Your teammate is Deamon: Jack Slash, the Ascetic Neighborizer. You can be sure that town does not have a neighborizer or a roleblocker. You have your voice, your vote, your powers, your factional nightkill, and you win when at least half the game consists of members of the mafia. Good luck.

The game thread is here.
And here are the night actions.
[+] Spoiler

Night 1

Cicada protects: Skraal--SUCCESSFUL
frogue investigates: Yugi--SUCCESSFUL, TOWN RESULT
Yugi tracks: Cicada--FAILS, ROLEBLOCKED BY MW
Skraal jails: CBP--SUCCESSFUL
Randomness swaps: Deamon and Riki--FAILS, Deamon is ASCETIC
Deamon neighborizes: Randomness--SUCCESSFUL
Deamon kills: frogue--SUCCESSFUL
MW roleblocks: Yugi--SUCCESSFUL

Night 2

MW kills: Cicada--SUCCESSFUL, REDIRECTED to SKRAAL
Deamon neighorizes: Prim--SUCCESSFUL
Cicada protects: Deamon--UNSUCCESSFUL, Deamon is ASCETIC
Randomness swaps: Skraal and Cicada--SUCCESSFUL

Night 3

MW kills: Randomness--SUCCESSFUL
Deamon neighborizes: Cicada--UNSUCCESSFUL, REDIRECTED to MW
Randomness swaps: MW and Cicada--SUCCESSFUL
Cicada protects: CBP--SUCCESSFUL
Scumchat
Mason Chat
Deamon x Randomness Neighborhood
Deamon x Prim Neighborhood
Deadchat
Spoilered Deadchat
dear god dear god tinkle tinkle hoy

G056: Asuka Takahara: The one who can out-pretentious them all.
- Memories: 1
- Pregame: 1
- V6: 1-2

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

August 28th, 2017, 3:34 am #2

Well that wasn't fun at all.
[+] Spoiler

G???: Anna "Roxanne" Herbert - "...It's a god-awful small affair..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3
THEME: Dire Straits - Skateaway

G???: Teresa Rojas - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2
THEME: Tata Young - Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me

B???: Jonathan Meyers - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1
THEME: Kate Miller-Heidke - Caught In The Crowd
[+] Spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] Spoiler

B003: Jeremy Frasier - ?Yeah. No regrets.? - 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: OneRepublic - Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti - ?Thank... you...? - 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
THEME: The Megas - The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King - "I win." - 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6: 1 2 3 4 5
THEME: Luck Ganriki - golden sneer

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Zetsumodernista
Contender

August 28th, 2017, 3:40 am #3

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zetsumodernista
Contender

August 28th, 2017, 3:44 am #4

Also, I actually was gonna make Skitter JOAT (with a one-shot investigation rather than a 1-shot watcher) and Tattletale a Tracker, (Genesis would've been replaced by a 2-shot Watcher, which would've likely been Imp), but rejiggled the balance at the last second. So there's your validation yugi.

Kermit
Contender

August 28th, 2017, 3:51 am #5

i forgot the game existed oh god im sorry

: ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
"Kermit you are the guy in the horror movie that finds a book bound in human skin and decides to read out loud what is inside for fun" - some mean lady named Ruggahissy
[+] Spoiler
V1 art!

v2 art ;~;
Sadly kermit looked at a mariavel. It was so sad... such a sad mariavel... like him... he only waned a normal life... was that too much to ask? was it?

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

August 28th, 2017, 3:53 am #6

Zetsumodernista wrote:(with a one-shot investigation rather than a 1-shot watcher)
...JOATs normally have a watcher component?

But yeah if I can elaborate rather than just looking like I'm bitter that game just... wasn't fun. It was super frustrating day 1 when nobody was willing to actually get a lynch and when I made my (admittedly bad) tracker claim everyone just jumped on me and seemed to be like, totally unwilling to actually consider other people and the person who was (well, at the very least looked like they were) super scummy through both day phases.

Also, inactivity people. It kills games and makes for really easy scum victories.
[+] Spoiler

G???: Anna "Roxanne" Herbert - "...It's a god-awful small affair..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3
THEME: Dire Straits - Skateaway

G???: Teresa Rojas - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2
THEME: Tata Young - Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me

B???: Jonathan Meyers - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1
THEME: Kate Miller-Heidke - Caught In The Crowd
[+] Spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] Spoiler

B003: Jeremy Frasier - ?Yeah. No regrets.? - 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
THEME: OneRepublic - Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti - ?Thank... you...? - 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
THEME: The Megas - The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King - "I win." - 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6: 1 2 3 4 5
THEME: Luck Ganriki - golden sneer

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Randomness
Player

August 28th, 2017, 4:00 am #7

I have learnt that I can't push games.

Murder really did a good job undermining my position from the get go, and I really shouldn't have launched an attack on him without a case, even though my gut told me he was definitely mafia.

I was suspecting Deamon honestly, because he wasn't using the neigbourhood to confirm info, which implied he didn't need/want it, but thought Murder was a more important target in endgame, since I already knew Deamon was a neighboirizer.
"I have the heart of a young boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk" -- Stephen King
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G040 - Amanda Tan
Pregame 1-2
Island 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-END

B039 - Jordan Green
Pregame 1
Island 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-END
[+] Spoiler
DECEASED Stephanie Wright
DECEASED Grace Faraday
It's the Grand Map of Doom! v6

Zetsumodernista
Contender

August 28th, 2017, 4:19 am #8

ngl low activity was pretty :/ for me but like what did I expect what with sc2 starting and lingering bitterness from the previous game

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

August 28th, 2017, 5:45 am #9

Randomness wrote:I have learnt that I can't push games.

Murder really did a good job undermining my position from the get go, and I really shouldn't have launched an attack on him without a case, even though my gut told me he was definitely mafia.

I was suspecting Deamon honestly, because he wasn't using the neigbourhood to confirm info, which implied he didn't need/want it, but thought Murder was a more important target in endgame, since I already knew Deamon was a neighboirizer.
Was just glancing, but since I'm here, I just wanted to say I think you're better than you're giving yourself credit. Murder only undermined you because you second-guessed yourself so hard, and wouldn't push - been there myself and have the t-shirt to prove it. If you'd committed more strongly, pointed out the extreme flaws in his case (using tenuous logic and fringe possibilities to explain his scumread on you.), and slowly fleshed out your gutread, you'd have done well.

Basically, an active push requires commitment, which is something I think we all struggle with. (Hence my constant faked aggressiveness. One extreme to avoid the other.) Don't sell yourself short though, you have pretty good reads, and gut is *not* a bad reason at all.

Unfortunately, most of Town just didn't care about the game whatsoever, and I don't know if it could have been saved. I don't mean to be a jerk, and I understand that SC2 & old game bitterness hurt this one, but I do feel that it needs to be said - People who consistently join a game only to go afk should seriously reconsider joining. It hurts everyone.

Kudos to those who actively participated, whether they were right or not. You guys are what makes any game fun.

All in all, for what this spectator's opinion is worth, I liked the design and loved the memey humor.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!
Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

Cicada Days
Winner

August 28th, 2017, 6:32 am #10

Eh, that was unfortunate. Personal notes, I let myself get strung along pretty heavily by MW for most of the game. I was close with my suspicions I guess, but the lull in activity meant everything stalled out when I was getting a handle on how to approach things? Probably shouldn't be playing Mafia as a novice without the willingness to study the meta game in depth. To me the game felt solid, nice and interesting when active but the drop out and the subsequent activity loss was a bummer. Anyways, good game all.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
"C'mon! It's just a prank, bro."

- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4
Unofficial Theme : 'When it's clear to everybody I'm always the last to know.'
Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
[+] Spoiler
Character Relationships (no longer updated)
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
"And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
- Memories - 1 2 3 4 5 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 - Sadie Hawkins - 1 2
[+] Spoiler
"Hope that's good enough."
- Arsenal - Bag of dried chipotle chilies (LOST)
- Island - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 - Sadie Hawkins -
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Arsenal - The 'Man Catcher' (LOST)
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1
Sprite credit to Fenris (Ben Fields) and Yugikun (Tina Luz).

CrossbowPig
Contender

August 28th, 2017, 4:15 pm #11

Yugi wrote:Well that wasn't fun at all.
Ditto.

In case my day one freak out needed more explanation, it was mostly because of my role. I got super skittish over trying not to look like mafia so that town wouldn't lose two people in quick succession. Being the closest role in the game to a normal town villager guy with no abilities - in fact, one with a disadvantage in regards to the team, imho - was kind of rough, and when Riki, my partner, died due to inactivity, I kind of just wanted the game to be over at that point.

I think the biggest reason that I sort of fell out of it at the end was the lack of daily vote count updates on the last dayphase. That lack of input and reminder of time made me feel like the game was already over, as did my stance as a dead man walking.

You won't have to worry about me being a shitty teammate anymore, because I've decided that this isn't really for me.

~~~~~ Creativity's Burning Pyre ~~~~~
[+] Spoiler
- Violet Schmidt: "Well, sure, I guess I can try and help with that. Ever read Corpus Hermetica? It'll make understanding this easier." Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Pregame-3

- Lucas Diaz: "I'd apologize, but I don't want to dig things up all over again, y'know?" Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Max Rudolph: "What the people need is a common banner under which to unite. It might not be what you want, but the fact of the matter is..." Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Liberty "Bert" Wren: "At eight? Let me see if that fits into my schedule. Been real busy lately." Facebook, Pregame-1
[+] Spoiler
/ - G051: Lili Williams: "Stop..." Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9, Island-10, Island-11, Island-12, Island-13, Island-14, Island-15, Island-16, Island-17, Island-18, Island-19.

/ - B043: Arthur Bernstein: "I...I'll...I'll..." Memory-1, Meanwhile-2, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Meanwhile-1
[+] Spoiler
- insert of lucky br8k!!!!!!!!
- insert of O.B. - white kid who is involved in politics and has divorced rich parents and issues with feeling emotions
- self-styled detective
- normie
- lou reed doing a gay voice
- insert of F.G.D. - black kid who wears a pizza hat and plays trumpet
- cute thing
- Darl from As I Lay Dying
- insert of A.B. my dorkass little brother who fancies himself a linguist and gets on my nerves
- good lives make bad stories
- insert of N.T. another floutist because I havent done one of those already
- hillbilly
- someone who doesnt "have a good time making allies" as an advantage
- pine barrens monster from the family that has a ghost butler
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again
- insert of K.D. a pianist and if you thought bert was smol, hohohohoho

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

August 28th, 2017, 8:50 pm #12

For what it's worth, I didn't mean either you (CBP) or Cicada. Honestly think you're both being too hard on yourselves, but I understand if the game's not fun, there's no point.

Take care, and here's wishing you the best.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!
Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)